Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

there has been a lot of activity, career-wise, for both eric & me. as a result, we haven't seen each other much lately. so best part of today happened at about 1:00 a.m., when eric came home. even tho both of us were dragging-dog-ass tired, we both made the effort to chit chat a little, sharing a bit about our days/nights at work/school until we faded into sleep.

it's funny how, over the years, we're developed this language of grunts, groans, meeps, and mumbles to communicate when our brains and mouths are too exhausted to form proper words.

the second best part of the day is that i actually got some really good editing and revising done on one of the stories for my creative nonfiction class portfolio. the portfolio, which will contain four pieces total, comprises my final "test" and is due next tuesday.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

i've been out of bed only an hour or so but already, HT has given me great satisfaction this morning. *chortles*

gosh dang! thanks, y'all!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It's still too early for my best part of today so I'll mention my best part of yesterday...an outrageously fun, all day casting session...full of outrageously great hip hop dancers dancing their arses off to music blaring thru a surround sound system in a film studio. Dayam...I wish I could dance like that! My muscles went into spasms and I got winded just watching!

A very, very cool day!

Comment

I haven't had the best part yet, having to clean up TWICE from doggy pee on the floors. But hey the sun's shining, the winds are blowing and it looks like a nice time to go outside with my dog and take a nap under the Avacado tree till the wife and kids come home. Okay it's getting better
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark. there was a power outage when we went there so all the lights were out but they still welcomed shoppers. eric decided that the cover of darkness allowed him to indulge (without too much shame) in his long-held wish to ride the scooter while shopping. how funny to go from aisle to aisle with him in the scooter, holding our flashlights to choose produce! part of me was aghast, and i tried to dissuade him by calling him "scooter," "geezer," and "gimper" but nothing would wipe that goofy smile off his face.

he later observed on the drive home, "wow! people are so nice to you when you're riding one of those things," referring to how every few minutes, a safeway staffer would approach us and ask if we needed help.

"you dork," i said. "they were mostly doing that because the lights were out and they wanted to make sure we could see what we were trying to buy! or at least make sure we weren't stealing stuff."

"oh," he shrugged. he was still smirking to himself, though. what a doof!

...and i can't imagine loving any other doof in the world.

Comment

Best part of today was finally getting back online!
              A computer I had bought just 6 weeks ago crashed a few days ago. Well, it didn't just crash. It flat-out DIED. Make die dead. Defective unit. Arrrrgh.
              Offline for two days, but back with a new puter. Hallelujah!!!
              So much work to catch up on, I can't see straight.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark. there was a power outage when we went there so all the lights were out but they still welcomed shoppers. eric decided that the cover of darkness allowed him to indulge (without too much shame) in his long-held wish to ride the scooter while shopping. how funny to go from aisle to aisle with him in the scooter, holding our flashlights to choose produce! part of me was aghast, and i tried to dissuade him by calling him "scooter," "geezer," and "gimper" but nothing would wipe that goofy smile off his face.

he later observed on the drive home, "wow! people are so nice to you when you're riding one of those things," referring to how every few minutes, a safeway staffer would approach us and ask if we needed help.

"you dork," i said. "they were mostly doing that because the lights were out and they wanted to make sure we could see what we were trying to buy! or at least make sure we weren't stealing stuff."

"oh," he shrugged. he was still smirking to himself, though. what a doof!

...and i can't imagine loving any other doof in the world.
                YOU TWO BIG KIDS!!!!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Some rain! But not too much to make it crummy getting around on bus and bike.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

A downtown lunch with HTers!

Comment

having lunch at kailua beach. loving life on this beautiful day.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

what do you get when you have two only children fall in love with each other in their thirties?

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        ...TWO BIG KIDS!!!!
                        dingdingdingding!

best part of today was reading several posts in HT. lots of goodhearted people here, even if we don't always agree.

Comment

the best part of today was sunshine after last nights terrible stroms.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            A downtown lunch with HTers!
                            Lucky you live Hawai`i!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark.
                              Haha. I haven't used Twitter, but I imagine this would be a perfect situation to use it.

"Blackout. Safeway. Choke scooters can use. No one can see. Hurry!"
                              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                              "
                              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Sleeping late on a Saturday morning and waking up to coffee and toast.
                                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X