Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Playing a gig (on bass) with a bunch of `ukulele players, doing an hour of sixties surf songs. These uke-sters have been practicing hard for the show, over the last two weeks, and they played at a level they've not reached before - we were proud of their achievement.

Comment

Playing board games with my siblings (yes, both computers were working, and there was power - we just sat down to a game of scrabble and life for some reason tonight).

Oh, and I got the time and location for the interview tomorrow!!! This is the longest time I had an orgasm-like feeling in a while.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Another day of music on Saturday. Played Hawaiian music with two different bands at a lu`au luncheon (alternating between bass with one group, `ukulele with the other) from Noon-2 pm, then watched a show by hula dancers I regularly work with (the event organizers wouldn't let them use live music, so they danced to CDs.) It was all outdoors, and the weather held right until we were all done and packed up - then the skies poured down for much of the remainder of the afternoon. Went to a party after that, which included a kanikapila for a few more hours.

Today, another picnic with folkies of all flavors - which will certainly include more music-making.

Comment

i already know what BPoT is, even if it's only 8:33 a.m. it's waking up next to eric. today's his mumbleth birthday. we've known each other for more than four years, and every few months, i am amazed by the realization that my love for him has grown. amazing thing, the human heart, to be able to hold so much emotion, and yet not burst.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
            i already know what BPoT is, even if it's only 8:33 a.m. it's waking up next to eric. today's his mumbleth birthday. we've known each other for more than four years, and every few months, i am amazed by the realization that my love for him has grown. amazing thing, the human heart, to be able to hold so much emotion, and yet not burst.
            That is really sweet, Cyn. Hau'oli la hanau, Eric. I hope you two keep feeling the same way for a long, long time!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

The day has just begun, and so far the best part of today is listening to our littlest soul count along with Mickey Mouse, watch our young soul brush her hair, and the smell of breakfast cooking in the kitchen. Simplicity is golden!
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

I just finished unpacking and moving. I bought groceries today. It finally feels like "home" because I can actually cook a meal in my new abode. Sigh. That's definitely the best part of today.
                Last edited by KeleiGrrrl; August 19, 2007, 04:19 PM.
                Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Frank De Lima at the 'Made In Hawaii Festival' at the NBC. I hadn't laughed that much in such a looong time. He was simply terrific!
                  Last edited by ploal5333; August 19, 2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
                    Frank De Lima at the 'Made In Hawaii Festival' at the NBC. I hadn't laughed that much in such a looong time. He was simply terrific!
                    I've never had the joy of seeing him in live performance. (I've also been warned - as a haole - NOT to sit up front, if I do go.) His humor would never be as successful over here - too many people would be offended (without realizing that his ethnic impressions capture ALL groups equally - something that will never translate from Island to Mainland.) I keep hearing reports that more and more new Island residents complain, and want him to tone down what he does so well. Pfah! When folks here on HT comment on Mainlanders coming to Hawai`i and expecting Island ways to change for their benefit, this is another example of the worst of it.

Comment

The best part of Today i that I avoided traffic because I know that UH and Community Colleges start today. But lucky for me, I start my classes tomorrow! Yeah!
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

The best part of today was when I was thinking about tomorrow since it's the first day of the semester for the class I teach and then I realized how terrified I was last year, since it was my first time ever teaching. Don't get me wrong, I'm no veteran, but now I am excited rather than scared to meet my new students. When I compared last year's anxiety to this year's excitement, I suddenly felt this boost of confidence that I didn't even realize I had. That was the best part of my day.

Honorable mention for the best part of the day? It just now started raining and I'm in a doublewide trailer (shut up) that I just moved into, so it's a real treat to hear the rain like this.
                        Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

I met up with some cachers from Reno and we had a terrific day out Makapuu way, with a fun time swimming at Halona Beach cove before getting dropped off at home. All day long they reminded me of how lucky (truly) I am to live here and there's Heineken and food in the Fridge, so I'm set for the night too! Bet you'll be hearing more from me after the next beer! HaHa!
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The best part about today was having dinner with high school classmates (from the early 1960s) who now live on the Big Island. With the current interisland fare war I'm seeing a lot more of them. The fun part of this friendship is we all lived within 2 blocks of each other in SoCal. He confided in me that he liked her and asked me whether or not he should ask her out. "Absolutely", said I! And so he did. They were juniors and I was a senior! Their parents eventually broke them up when they graduated from high school.

Fast forward 39 years. She's a widow. He's divorced. She lives on the Big Island. He lives in Tennessee. He finds her on classmates.com. She gets an email from him and replies. He responds to her reply. That was June 2002. They talk every day and he finally scheduled a trip to Hawaii for Sept. 2002. She picks him up at the airport and they promptly head straight for a justice of the peace...having not set eyes on each other or been in contact for all those 39 years!

And that's the truth!

Comment

I was on a mission and I went into action.

I got HIRED this morning upon my first interview.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I start on Monday in Downtown, Honolulu!

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                I was on a mission and I went into action.
                                I got HIRED this morning upon my first interview.
                                HAHAHAHAHAHA
                                I start on Monday in Downtown, Honolulu!
                                Auntie Lynn
                                Hurrah, Lynn! Adrian - take hope! You may be next!

Comment

Working...
                                X