Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Whoa! Just caught and clubbed a sneaking, disgusting RAT in here.

Only one rat. But he's literally bigger than all his siblings scurrying around in Chinatown.

Threw that filthy, disease-carrying vermin into the trash bin outside, where the ants and the elements will pick his carcass apart.

Whew! Glad to have him out of my face and off of my mind.

Now I can get back to enjoying HT.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
      The best part of today was throwing the glove (gauntlet) down in front of a buffoon, and the buffoon refused to pick it up - branding himself a coward for all time.
      Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neba take my Lithium. Laughing loud and hard at everyone's post.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post

Only one rat. But he's literally bigger than all his siblings scurrying around in Chinatown.
        Excellent! One dead rat is equal to several hundred unborn rats.

I use Havahart traps, live capture and release, because I have a Democrat for a spouse, and I need to keep her happy.

Lessee... Maybe I should release in Chinatown instead of Halawa?

NOT! Only kidding....

But, the Humane society won't take them; SPCA isn't interested; no 'science experiments' begging.... Obviuously Frankie don't want them.

What to do?

Keep releasing in uninhabited areas till someone tells me better.

GOOD KILL FRANKIE!

K.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Now, I'm not exaggerating, Lynn...... Okay well, maybe just a lil' bit.

A few years ago on a late afternoon stroll through Chinatown, I did actually spot what I thought was a stray cat crawling on top of a garbage pile on a sidewalk left by a vendor. It was only when I got closer that I realized the darn thing was a huge rodent!!! It darted away from the garbage and into an alleyway. Now that bugga was BIG.
          Last edited by Frankie's Market; December 16, 2009, 05:08 PM.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Kaonohi, Frankie, and Turtle Girl,

Mahalo foa making me laugh at a time wen I was feeling so down.

It wasn't his fault but a mistake on the company. He did make the changes.

All is well.

The Best Part OF TODAY is MAKING UP!
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Having one of those really good laughs. You know the kind- when you just laugh and laugh and can't stop, and your stomach hurts and your face is red, but it's just so funny. And when you're done, you feel so much better. Like having a good cry, only so much better because your face isn't swollen and your nose isn't all snotty. I don't get to have those kinds of laughs very often anymore, but I needed it and enjoyed it.

TG and I used to laugh like that. And I miss her so much. Happy late Birthday, sweetie!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                TG and I used to laugh like that. And I miss her so much. Happy late Birthday, sweetie!
                Wow! When I logged on to this thread, I has no idea that this would be the best part of today!!! Thanks SG, I miss you all the time!! Happy holidays to you, your man, and your doggies! Hey, remember those awesome ornaments you gave us last year? Yep, they're on the fiber optic christmas tree!!

So, the other best part of today is FLORIDA!!! Happy holidays to all from America's Wang!! I'm relaxing by the river, there's pelicans, seagulls, and a giant osprey! I even saw a parrot earlier! Aaaaahhhhh, days like this....!
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

waking up to my snoring sweets was the best part of my day at that point, esp since i was waking up after dreaming i was still living with my ex, with nothing in the refrigerator to eat. bleh.

as eric said while snuggling close to comfort me, that's my personal version of hell.

day got even better when i called up my mom this morning to thank her for her christmas presents (she insisted we open the box as soon it arrived) and to tell her about goings-on at work and between me & eric. there used to be a time when the relationship between momola & me was not so warm. in fact, there was a three-month long period 12 years ago where we never spoke.

no matter what material gifts i get for christmas, nothing can top the gift of having such relationships with my mom & eric. the world is a more colorful, brighter place, even on its darker days, for me because of them. i wish that everyone had that sort of comfort. i know i'm very lucky.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

My new Victorias Secret bra!!!!! It is perfection in undergarmenting!!

Ladies, run out to VS right away, and be sure to have a personal fitting with one of the salesclerks (what a difference that makes), they are bra geniuses - brah!
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Sadly, I left VS behind a cup size ago. I have found they fit much better when I was not so..ahem...busty. You go, TG, with your hot underoos! I will cheer you on from the frumpy Dillard's section.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                        My new Victorias Secret bra!!!!! It is perfection in undergarmenting!!

Ladies, run out to VS right away, and be sure to have a personal fitting with one of the salesclerks (what a difference that makes), they are bra geniuses - brah!
                        I wonder how many men have that lucky job!
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

FREE Hawaiian music - Taimane Gardner visiting Seattle today.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            FREE Hawaiian music - Taimane Gardner visiting Seattle today.
                            Lucky you. She's incredible. I'd love to see her and Jake in a uke duel/duet!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                              waking up to my snoring sweets was the best part of my day at that point, esp since i was waking up after dreaming i was still living with my ex,
                              Yow! I do that also, on a too regular basis. Our version of the monster on top of the bed, I guess.
                              Dreams are sometimes nice, but if we've been good, reality is nicer.

K~
                              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                              ~ ~
                              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Best part of today was going to Mom's early this morning.
                                Why better than other 'Mom' days?
                                Because she received a package from my daughter (27yo) in Australia...
                                Who's been out of touch for almost two years!
                                She's fine, doing well, in love, and interested in hearing from/about us again.
                                We now have various ways to contact her that she gave us.
                                Tomarrow I'll try...
                                Yippee!

PS: I hate those nightmares of ex's too.
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X