Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Depends on how you look at it, this could be good or bad: I finally visited my late uncle. I broke down in tears for a few minutes and I was still crying before I hit the freeway (I don't want to be crying at 60mph), but compared to what's been happening to me this month, its good to me.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      So did you end up making your own sauce? Can you fax me some of those ribs when they're cooked?

Miulang
      Nomo time to make my own sauce today; wen use Aloha Guava Pineapple teri glaze. Nolemana wen cook um in da big Traeger. Ho, da ono!!

These ones we got at Uwajimaya on Saturday; so tender, cooked wikiwiki, and broke da mout'!

You're such a good cook, just hele ova to Uwaji's, grab some Kalbi, and polehu dem tomorrow!

We bought 3 packages of them; gotta ration them till we can get out to Uwaji again... I might ask Safeway's butcher to try cut some up for me to see how he does with them for in between Uwajimaya times.

Still gotta call Anzen about the Aloha teri glaze.
      Aloha,
      Mokihana

Comment

Yeah!
        I got a hold of Mrs. Menehune in Fiji. It's 22 hours ahead there so minus 2 hours and add a day.
        Only 6am to her but she was okay with it.

Ahhh.... I feel better now.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
          Yeah!
          I got a hold of Mrs. Menehune in Fiji. It's 22 hours ahead there so minus 2 hours and add a day.
          Only 6am to her but she was okay with it.

Ahhh.... I feel better now.
          That's great!!

I've been thinking about you.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Alpha Female.

We're not married, but have lived together for a dozen years, so I once asked HT-ers what name to use for her (since "girlfriend" seemed inadequate, and "wife" or "spouse" are inaccurate.) Led to some amusing discussion, and "Alpha Female" was my favorite suggestion; she liked it as well.

Glad to keep you from being killed.
            Problem with Alpha is that it's the first...meaning not the last. I think I'd rather be the last as there are no more to follow me. Omega Female would have more job security in my book.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

this was the best part of thursday, actually.

i struggle with insomnia quite often, and it is exacerbated when i have classes at night. i've been taking an online class since the beginning of this month, and it's grueling. this week alone, i have both an exam and a class project due. in the meanwhile, little fires have been coming up at work, alongside the two reports i've had to complete which go to committee for review. plus funny tummy acted up again on wednesday, brought on by a meal of adobo and pancit from the work cafeteria, of all things.

what an unhappy, grumpalicious cyn i was.

anyway, on thursday, eric emailed me just before i was going to brave the cafe for lunch again. he told me to wait half an hour because he was going to bring me lunch. oh, and what a lunch it was, and we ate it right next to the freshwater stream just a few blocks away from where i work. when he picked me up, i had a huge case of the grumpies. when he dropped me off, i had the most beatific smile on my face. even the security officers commented on it--they probably thought i had some 'afternoon delight,' i was smiling so big.

besides a jumbo diet (caffeine to boost my lagging energy and focus), what was lunch?

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
              Mini roast pork and ahi poke plate from Alicia's (comes w/one scoop rice and mac salad). Total weight definitely > 1lb.
              i made sure to tell the security guards why i was smiling so big. one of them nodded knowingly, and said, yep--da buggah ste ooooono!
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Problem with Alpha is that it's the first...meaning not the last. I think I'd rather be the last as there are no more to follow me. Omega Female would have more job security in my book.
                She is my Alpha and my Omega.

(whoa! --- where did that lightning bolt come from?)

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  No lie, you was dancing in da' cage, eh?
                  Guess what?, we went dancing again last friday night
                  (07/27/07), I think we have danced more than we normally did, especially me, towards the end, last minute I decided to dance in the cage .
                  The next day, I was all achy =( . I knew that was going to happen, but I didn't care, atleast I knew I had more fun than the last times =).

One of my friends was so surprised to see me in the cage. lol. But, I had fun over all. =).
                  Aches & Pains
                  (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Last night, me and my family watched the shark special together. It was weird because my sister and cousin are afraid of sharks, but they still watched (cowering when there were blood). I'll treasure these family moments forever.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                      [...]I'll treasure these family moments forever.
                      Cool, Adrian...very, very cool! Because you love your family so much maybe you can plan more family moments.

Comment

Finished "book seven." Now the AF can send it to her family in Kane`ohe.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Cool, Adrian...very, very cool! Because you love your family so much maybe you can plan more family moments.
                          the thing is, that my cousin, sister, and brother don't like to go out that much. And when they do like to go out, they usually beg me to drive them, as they don't want to be seen in my Mom's 'ugly' Ford Aerostar van - they want to be in a sporty car like mine.

I think I'll ask my Mom to let me drive her van when we go places, and see how they like it.

Comment

While talking with my bus driver today to let her know of the weird thing that happened to me on Friday, I told her I was going to put in my ear buds w/o turning on my ipod so that person wouldn't talk or shout at me on the bus. Worked like a charm. When I was through with the paper, I listened to my ipod for a little bit.
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                              the thing is, that my cousin, sister, and brother don't like to go out that much. And when they do like to go out, they usually beg me to drive them, as they don't want to be seen in my Mom's 'ugly' Ford Aerostar van - they want to be in a sporty car like mine.

I think I'll ask my Mom to let me drive her van when we go places, and see how they like it.
                              Ah, I thought the shark special was on TV and you were at home! Anyway...just a thought...maybe each of you can take turns planning something once a week or once a month or whatever time frame works...after you find a job and know your schedule!

Comment

Got to have a mango smoothie with a friend at Hawaiian Beanz in Damascus!
                                Aloha,
                                Mokihana

Comment

Working...
                                X