Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY60CkP1qAc

I really care too much for Booooblay, but hearing this song today really made me smile.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Just in case you missed it in another thread, I think this one is the best part of today.
      Of course, the day's still young.
      Man, I had no idea how accurate that last part would turn out to be! And here's why.
      Last January I was promoted up to General Manager (from being the #2 person) at an $80 million business (which shall remain nameless but which a few major posters here on HT know is true... and no, it has nothing to do with the SuperFerry! ). Well, I just got out of a meeting with our accountant and our Board Of Directors, where I found out that my work so far has saved the company a whopping 28% of the operating budget for the year to date!
      WooHOO!!!!!!!
      Even better, that savings should rise to nearly 35% by the end of December!
      Needless to say, everyone is thrilled, especially me. So please please forgive my being ecstatic, but...
      WooHOO!!!!!!!

(Remember Steve Martin's "Happy Feet" routine? Consider me doing that right now.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Congratulations LikaNui!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          (Remember Steve Martin's "Happy Feet" routine? Consider me doing that right now.)
          Dang, I can't find a video clip of that anywhere. Maybe someone else can help?
          In the meantime, I did find three others from that penguin movie. There's this one that's real good, or there's this hip-hop version, and there's even this MC Hammer version. Cute stuff, but I still want to see that Steve Martin clip!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Congratulations LikaNui!
          Eh, thanks, Auntie! I'm bouncing off the walls right now.
          Well, okay, so some folks think that's an everyday occurence for me, but.

Comment

Nice work, LN. You must enjoy what you do, since you do it well - and it's great that you reinforced the decision-makers' choice to promote you, and in such a short period of time, too.

Comment

High 5, LN!

ETA: The best part of my day was meeting the surfer known to ride the largest wave ever by a human being...approx. 85'. That's just, plain nuts in spite of him appearing kinda normal. Neat guy. Sometimes my job is fun!
              Last edited by tutusue; September 25, 2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

congrats, lika nui! that's awesome!

my best part of yesterday was going to the taco fiesta at compadres last night with eric and our friend, whom i'll call "bob."

first of all, $1.00 chicken, beef, or bean tacos is hard to beat, especially when they're so tasty. secondly, $2.50 margaritas and $3.00 coronas are mighty good, too, especially if the bartender making the margaritas is a heavy pourer. thirdly, the crowd consisted of mostly college students, and good looking ones at that!

hey, it's not only guys who have their skebe moments!

the three of us, all in our thirty-somethings, did wonder why when we were going to UH, we didn't have dollah taco night at compadres or two dollah pupu power hours at pipeline. sheesh! as poor college students, we made do with the dollah menus at the various fast food giants. keeds dese days...so spoiled!
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

As part of my job, I have to oversee and act as an advisor to Senior Citizen Clubs. My boss this morning asked me to sit in on her seniors club to observe and to tell an introductory story about myself.

In my story, I told them about the close relationship I have with my parents, using last Sunday's lunch at their home as an example. Then I had to go back to my office to attend to scheduling and permitting matters. When the seniors left, one of them stopped by my office to say how she enjoyed my story and then gave me a onolicious plate full of homemade baked goods and sandwich.

After they had all left, my boss told me that the seniors found my story endearing, but one commented by saying, "I wouldn't want to be Beau's wife!" LOL I told my boss (I'm out to her) that if they only knew! She said "Don't worry Beau, just let them hang around you for a while and really get to know you and they won't be making comments like that!" "Nah, only joke!"

My boss explained to the one who made the comment, that my closeness probably has to do with me not having a spouse, and she is right. My sister, brother and I always knew while growing up, that the primary relationship between my parents was with each other first, then us kids. I agree with that. I feel if you are in a good, loving relationship with your spouse, your relationship with your spouse should come first before all others.

The seniors especially liked the part of my story where I said my parents still hold hands and are still deeply in love with each other to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                    The seniors especially liked the part of my story where I said my parents still hold hands and are still deeply in love with each other to this day.
                    PRECIOUS!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

PHP Code:
                      PRECIOUS!!;) 
                      Thanks Auntie Lynn. BTW I developed the picture I took of you when we went to Kekais after dinner. Do you want the picture, it's an absolutely beautiful picture of you!

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                        PHP Code:
                        PRECIOUS!!;) 
                        Thanks Auntie Lynn. BTW I developed the picture I took of you when we went to Kekais after dinner. Do you want the picture, it's an absolutely beautiful picture of you!
                        heheheh

Shua! Lemme know when you like go out again!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

best part of today, given my pet peeve of today, is that today ended.

cherry on top is that my day ended with finding solace with eric.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Best part of today is the cornucopia of memories from the Jimmy Buffett concert at the Waikiki Shell last night.

Comment

the best part of today???

i've had 2 bestest things that happened to me today,

the first was that i was able to spend some quality time with both daughter and my dog

the 2nd bestest thing: continuing to beat Kidney Disease, i was once classified as ESRD. was told that i would have to be on dialysis for the rest of my life and well here i am a year later dialysis free, my labs just came back today and so far so good, creatinine levels are going down i was once at 8 now am at 2.1 ask a lab tech or a dr to explain what those #'s mean. or maybe WORN could input here.. i was able to stick my tongue out at my doctor...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
                                the 2nd bestest thing: continuing to beat Kidney Disease, i was once classified as ESRD. was told that i would have to be on dialysis for the rest of my life and well here i am a year later dialysis free, my labs just came back today and so far so good, creatinine levels are going down
                                Hurrah!!! That's good to hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X