Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by mel View Post
    Arriving safely back in Honolulu after spending a week on the Big Island.
    Is that as in "There's no place like home"?
    Or as in "Thank goodness I'm outta there!"
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
      Hey Beau, who was that guy? Not Coach Rusty? What courts got the new nets?
      No, it's Don Andrews. The courts that got the new nets are 5,4,3, and 2.

Comment

I was chowing down on Homemade Corn Beef Hash, Wet Pipikaula, Sunny side eggs and rice.

The door bell rang.

Upon opening the door, I see a woman crying.

"Can you help me?" She asked.

Her name is Carmen. She is a fellow resident of MWH. She's been having hot wata problems for three years!!

She told me what she's been doing and whom she called. She said a man at Hawaii Housing Authority Office spoke to her. He rudely told her he didn't care who made the complaint!!

I got ready and drove us to School Street to the main office. Upon our return back to MWH, several maintenance workers were up on the roof working on the problem.

The Best Part of Today is making Carmen Happy with Hot Wata!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
          No, it's Don Andrews. The courts that got the new nets are 5,4,3, and 2.
          Uhhhh, Beau? I think I meant "What playgroundʻs courts" got new nets... not which number court on the unnamed playground.

I taking beginner classes. My kid is becoming a tennis hotshot, kicks my butt all the time!
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Uhhhh, Beau? I think I meant "What playgroundʻs courts" got new nets... not which number court on the unnamed playground.

I taking beginner classes. My kid is becoming a tennis hotshot, kicks my butt all the time!
            I sent you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
              I sent you an email.
              Ahhhh soooo.... See the Twitter Temp. thread... get power outage at home where my email lives. No email for me until the 'lectricity comes back.

I'll get it later, for sure.

Mahalo,

Blaine
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Best part of today was my water physical therapy! I feel great! I wish I felt so good physically all the time! MY physical therapist is a genius!

Comment

Loved seeing a sign outside the Waiakamilo fire station...it was "HFD" with a large H in the Warrior font! It kinda read like this:
                  F H D

Comment

Ahhhh soooo.... See the Twitter Temp. thread... get power outage at home where my email lives. No email for me until the 'lectricity comes back.

I'll get it later, for sure.

Mahalo,

Blaine
                    Blaine, I tried to answer your message, but your message box is full!

Comment

More than one today...

1. my Holistica brain scan showed more than air between the ears!
                      2. my cab ride from Waikiki to my mechanic in Kalihi was delightful. Driver told me great stories about driving Ozzie and Sharon Osborne around Oahu.
                      3. my mechanic didn't charge me for new, albeit used, rims that had to replace my very cool, AMG rims 'cuz of our 3rd world roads! Had to pay for all new tires, o'course, and the cool factor is gone, but...
                      4. the lagoon is now open at the HHV complete with a boardwalk path...delightful!

Comment

I have had no oven since before Christmas.........I had to make our roast in the grill which was great but not what I had hoped for. I have spent at this moment 55 minutes with Sears on their 800 lines transferred 3 times and finally sent to Customer Relations. The repair person wrote the wrong model number which made my part order not placed. No one had called in regards to this and my "window" of time for repair of said oven was today 1-5. Naturally I was concerned and am waiting to hear from Mike in the relations department to see when this part will come. I shall demand air freight expedition and the best part of my day will be when this is resolved!!!!!!

They were able to re-order the part and without my raving they ended up saying it would be sent air freight and if all goes well I'll have an oven on Friday afternoon! This is now the best part of my day - and the day is young plenty of time for something else "best" to happen.

Comment

I spent hours learning and trying to get my wife's working place (PATCH HILO) computer network system up and running last night. I finally got it running (all four computers could "see" each other" and I had to wait for Hawaiian Telecom to tie in the DSL.

Well after an hour today of trying to get the office network online I called Speedtek in Honolulu for some advice. As it seems Hawaiian Telecom gave my wife a static IP/Gateway/Subnet Mask addresses whereas the office router was set up for DHCP.

So I found the router's IP address and reconfigured it with the information Hawaiian Telecom provided, rebooted the router and waited for the router's "Internet" light to stop flashing and go steady. And it did!

So it's 7pm and I'm the only one in the office jabbing away on HT on their configured network.

Now all the computers can see each other and all can access the internet and all can print to each other's printer or the network printer in the front office.

Geez fixing computers is one thing, networking them is another pain in the butt. BUT when it all works that's such a sweet feeling

Thanks Speedtek, your guidance was invaluable.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I received a $25. iTunes Music Store card at a gift exchange. Today I redeemed it for a credit to my account. Redemption done, I put the physical card thru the shredder. A few minutes later I get an error message from the IMS...an error occurred, try again later! WTF?

I pick thru the shredder and pull out every, little piece I could find and put it back together as best I could like a 1000 piece puzzle. I reconstruct what I think is the code. A couple of hours later, while holding my breath, I hele on in to the IMS once again. I plug in the resurrected code and learn that it's already been redeemed.

I looked at my credit balance and...it was there! Somehow it did go thru in spite of the error message! Yippee!

Comment

The best part of today was finding some good books for me and some great aloha shirts for my husband at the Goodwill store in Wahiawa. Gosh I like that store! And the red tags were "hifty percent" off!! The not so best part was hearing that, again, there is no work for me from my nursing agency.

Comment

Ahh the sweet smell of victory...I got that stupid laptop up and running. Now I'm typing on it right now testing it's wireless capabilities.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X