Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

the best part of today was planting: chives, cilantro, arugula, basil, thyme, lemon cucumbers and various lettuce. oh, and found some mangoes with no fruit fly stings. weehaw!
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Watching my girls perform separately and in a duet at their piano recital today. And then learning that their instructor turned 21 today! Imagine being that young and running your own piano studio while a student at UH?! I almost cried several times because of how awe inspiring this teacher and her students are!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        Watching my girls perform separately and in a duet at their piano recital today. And then learning that their instructor turned 21 today! Imagine being that young and running your own piano studio while a student at UH?! I almost cried several times because of how awe inspiring this teacher and her students are!
        Right on Lavalady! That makes me smile.

Best part of today was getting to the beach at Cromwell's today for the first time in years and checking out Doris Duke's crib. And then a trip to a Manoa water hole I haven't been to in, yep, years. Hopefully the best part of today will be tonight's gig.
        Don't be mean,
        try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
          Right on Lavalady! That makes me smile.

Best part of today was getting to the beach at Cromwell's today for the first time in years and checking out Doris Duke's crib. And then a trip to a Manoa water hole I haven't been to in, yep, years. Hopefully the best part of today will be tonight's gig.
          I hope tonight's gig is a blast, Bradah-Bradah!!!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

A weekend to get caught up on relaxation. The only commitment I had was the two Hawaiian radio shows yesterday; freedom after that, so the AF & I took a long exercise walk yesterday, followed by an early dinner. Today, we are walking to a theatre to catch the "Indiana Jones" film.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
              Hopefully the best part of today will be tonight's gig.
              At the risk of semantic peril, I must say that the best part of yesterday was indeed the gig.

The best part of today has thus far been the PBS documentary about Jimi Hendrix at the Monterey Pop festival I taped (yes, taped). Music good. Hendrix gooder.
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

...a slooooow, relaxing brunch right next to the ocean.

Comment

a wonderful breakfast with my daughter who was here in town for a few days. Wasn't expecting her and it was a very nice surprise. My brother treated all of us so that made it even nicer, along with a table in view of the beach @ Hale Koa.
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Our Ohana day.

Giving thanks to my almighty Akua at church. Then keiki activities. Afterward, my sister's ohana came over for a bbq with the cousins. My kids enjoyed a play date before returning to school tomorrow

Comment

My 6 yr old bebe graduating grade K. Wanna try guess which one he is?
                      Attached Files
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

this best part of today is a week late.

last week monday was our five year anniversary of meeting. we celebrated by having drinks and pupu at pearl during their happy hour the following evening, and then walking over to morton's for molten chocolate cake & port.

every couple has their ups and downs; their hard days & easy days. to be truthful, our anniversary fell soon after some hard days. it was such a blissful feeling to be looking at each other, all googly-eyed, as we reflected over our relationship, how it's grown & changed, and what we love most about each other. *glow*

it didn't hurt, either, that our chocolate cake and port (as well as a glass of brandy) were comped by the bartender, who is a dear friend of eric's!

...what did hurt--and hella bad--was the hangover the next day! note to self: do not have a vodka martini, scotch on the rocks, port, and half a brandy all in one night without drinking almost twice as much water as alcohol, esp if you gotta be at work at 7:30 a.m.! i didn't feel right until the day after the day after!
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Congrats to Ericncyn, Cynsaligia and Mixedplatebroker for 5 years of googly eyed bliss. Wait, wasn't that a different thread?
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Congratulations Eric and Cyn!

Best part of the day foa me?

Getting back Internet Service!

Da lines were messed up.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Today I (re)learned how to rip non-proprietary DVDs for importing into iMovie. Dang technology...it doesn't reside in my brain on a day to day basis.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                                every couple has their ups and downs
                                What do they say?

"Best friends make the best lovers."
                                "Best friends make horrible roommates."
                                "Loaning money is the fastest way to end a friendship."

No wonder relationships are such hard work!

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                Best part of the day foa me?

Getting back Internet Service!
                                So that's why you were so quiet. Welcome back. Woot!
                                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                                "
                                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                                X