Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    So that's why you were so quiet. Welcome back. Woot!
    Mahalo MyopicJoe.

But I have a confession to make.

My computer and phone went kaput all of a sudden. We didn't know what was the cause. Day after day, I could read on my hubby's new blackberry but I couldn't post cause my nails are too long foa the key board. ha ha ha

Anyways, the first repairman checked outside and changed the lines. Still the same static on the land line and no internet connection. After more calls and another visit from a repairman>>>inside my hale>>>HALA!!! He found the reason.

No moa filter to the jack!!!

Mr. Darling Hubby wen change the phone and neba attach the filter!!

I was so embarrassed and apologized to the repairman.

As foa my honey bunney...Whack! Whack!

(Can you tell I miss my Blog?)

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

cyn and eric: congratulations! oh, but cyn, your aching head and tummy. i should say your aching body for that matter. too much of a good thang ain't good. yep, we were recently at morton's, too, and had that evil but delectable molten chocolate cake.

auntie: boy, we missed you! oops to pk!

so the best part of today excluding all the drama was that we got a card from our godparents saying how proud they were of us in taking care of mom. they can empathize because each of them had a parent with alzheimer's.
      Last edited by kani-lehua; July 3, 2008, 06:25 PM.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

A coupla things for today...
        I'm about to head for the airport to pick up eldest spawn. Another visit. YAY!
        And...I heard some very juicy info that, well, that's all I'm gonna say!
        Oh...eldest spawn and juicy info aren't related!

Comment

the best part of my day was to wake up and find a happy birthday card in my e-mail from hawaiithreads.com. awe shucks ya'll remembered. thanks hawaiithreads.
          from the womb to the tomb
          gamer for life

Comment

the best part of yesterday was that an old family friend that we had been giving mangoes to, brought over some beautiful roma tomatoes from her husband's garden. now, i just gotta figure out what to do with them.

the best part of today was that my puakenikeni tree FINALLY gave us it's first two blossoms.
            "chaos reigns within.
            order shall return."

Comment

got some roma and cherry tomatoes, eggplants, avocados and peppers from friends and neighbors. didn't keep them all and shared with others.
              "chaos reigns within.
              order shall return."

Comment

Rehearsal of a new lineup of Hawaiian-music players, with me on bass. We have our first gig August 15, and we just clicked tonight, right out of the box.

Comment

Best, albeit bittersweet...
                  I met up with 7 friends for dinner. Our mutual, very good friend passed away in Feb. Her boyfriend has a regular gig in Waikiki. The 8 of us dined while listening to his music. The last time we did that our mutual friend was with us. Her boyfriend was so surprised and genuinely thrilled to see all of us. That made it the best part of today...even better than receiving my stimulus check!

Comment

Got my dentist checkup and cleaning today. I love my dentist! No cavities and the dental hygenist praised me for doing such a good job flossing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                      Got my dentist checkup and cleaning today. I love my dentist! No cavities and the dental hygenist praised me for doing such a good job flossing.
                      Not to mention a dentist open on Saturdays - that's convenient!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Not to mention a dentist open on Saturdays - that's convenient!
                        Oh, right! Today is Saturday. I love my dds, too! Maybe Sharilyn and I go to the same one? Queen's POB II, Sharilyn?

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Oh, right! Today is Saturday. I love my dds, too! Maybe Sharilyn and I go to the same one? Queen's POB II, Sharilyn?
                          Naw, I live on Maui!

Comment

• Re: Best Part of Today...

...is still last Friday when I ended up being the only person available to 'fill in' (HA!) for the best steel guitarist in the State at the 'end of semester' party for a class of 20 student steelers, where I managed to keep the 15-ish year olds listening and laughing to what I had to say for a whole hour, which is no small feat, especially for someone who's never 'spoken' to a captured audience.
                            And(!), I actually got solid applause from them, and a few adults, after each tune I played. I was stunned and embarrassed each time, but pretty stoked too, as it was my first 'gig'. Having been a 'locked in a closet' player for years now, I finally unlocked the closet door and have been playing out a bit lately, but this was a whole 'nuther ball game, and it took me a while to find my kahones to walk into the classroom.
                            But it all went well, and I was able to walk out afterwards with my head up, and no gum stuck to my pants...

The real purpose of my post is to give a big nod to the teacher of the class, Mr. Neil Scott, who is with the Invention Factory project - www.archimedes.hawaii.edu and is one of only a very few teachers of the Hawaiian steel guitar, which is almost a dying form of music. But with his and others efforts recently, this decades long trend is being slowly reversed, to the point where there is now a small revival ofthe instrument that was invented by a Hawaiian man in Laie in the late 1880's, is the State instrument, and the 'signature sound' of Hawaii.
                            Neil is now into his second class of students whom he has actually building their own excellantly designed guitars, and will soon have them building their own amps!

With more action like this, the steel may someday approach the level of popularity it had in the pre WW2 years when it was 2nd only to piano.
                            Last edited by Ron Whitfield; July 13, 2008, 07:28 AM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Awesome Ron. I'm a wanna-be, struggling, wish I was better, practice a lot, musician. Whenever I play in front of people my confidence gets higher everytime. Wish I had a lot more natural talent.

Today is a great day because the daughter unit turns 7. She's riding a new scooter all over the house now. And we are going to see kittens in about 45 minutes.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

The day is still young but the absolute best part was waking up in Makaha. It's been sooooooo long since I opened my sleepy eyes and stared at the ocean.

Comment

Working...
                                X