Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

How are those kitties, TK?

Keep on keepin' on with the music, compadre!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

the best part of my day was reading the thread i authored about, "what's wrong with everyone?" i was lmao reading the replies. thank you! i needed some humor to get me out of my pissy mood. have a great day!
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

It's officially a cat-house. Dogs are confused. AF is snuggling. DU is building the entire Barbie Castle/Condo, in the bathroom, because new kitty needs a place to play.

Complete with small bed in the tower for kitty to sleep in.

ai yai yai.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

the tradewinds are back. took the dogs for a walk on this lovely, sunny, but breezy day.
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

best part of today was pretty much all of yesterday afternoon and evening.

we decided to walk down the hill from our kaimuki home into waikiki. we stopped at diamond head market and grill for kim bap and a bottle of govinda's orange juice (our pick for best orange juice you can buy) as a snack.

then we stopped at the cafe at the pacific beach hotel to share an iced latte and hide from the bit of rain that started to fall. once the rain passed, we walked on to red lobster for an early dinner. eric had the peach-bourbon glazed shrimp and bacon-wrapped scallops; i had the fire-grilled main lobster and shrimp. both plates are part of their seasonal menu specials.

side note: even tho our server was an obvious noob, she was all-smiles & had a great attitude. additionally, the meal we had at red lobster was exponentially better than the one i shared just last wednesday with a friend at kincaid's. ugh! i am never happy with kincaid's, and am never the one to choose to go there. we shared an oysters rockefeller and i am quite sure they used frozen spinach (and fyi, the original recipe requires parsley, not spinach). additionally, my herb-crusted opah was overly crusty and overly herbed, and then overly sauced....which left me feeling like my meal was--you guessed it!--overpriced! i was sooo much happier after leaving red lobster & will make sure to go there more often.

okay, tangent over....

from red lobster, eric and i strolled to duke's. amazingly, until yesterday, i have never been there. we sat at the main bar and enjoyed our expertly mixed maggies while chatting with others and people-watching (always amusing to watch the many hook-up attempts). eric found out that our bartender and he were separated by one year at kalani, and knew several of the same people. i had heard that the entrees at duke's are forgettable but their pupu are pretty good, and by the time 8PM rolled around, i was hungry. we ordered the wings and shared a burger, both of which were good. i especially enjoyed how the wings mostly had a traditional buffalo wing flavor but with a nice bit of fruit. we enjoyed ourselves so much that i am sure we will be frequenting duke's...more frequently.

from there, we went to food pantry and shared a couple of beard papa puffs (one chocolate; one vanilla) along with a bottle of gatorade (to help fight against morning-after penalties from drinking). oh! that was yummy. we got ourselves home via a cab hailed at the hyatt.

it was another one of our play-tourist-for-the-day adventures and it reminded me again (1) how lucky we are to live here & (2) how lucky i am that eric is my sweetie--he's so much fun!
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              it was another one of our play-tourist-for-the-day adventures and it reminded me again (1) how lucky we are to live here & (2) how lucky i am that eric is my sweetie--he's so much fun!
              Wow Cyn, that sounded liked like a great way to spend a Saturday! I must have missed you at Duke's, even though I don't know what you look like. I was there earlier watching Kawao play.

I love playing tourist. Kama'aina should do that more often. It indeed reminds you why we're lucky to live here. Especially when you can be in "tourist mode".

That's a long walk from Kaimuki. After all that eating and drinking along the way down, you two must have cabbed it back home.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post

it was another one of our play-tourist-for-the-day adventures
                Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                I love playing tourist. Kama'aina should do that more often. It indeed reminds you why we're lucky to live here. Especially when you can be in "tourist mode".
                That is one of my favorite things to do. When we were kids....... oh man, I could write a book . Wait - maybe I will......

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  [...]
                  That's a long walk from Kaimuki. [...]
                  Not only that but they ended up in my neck 'o the woods...the ewa end of Waikiki. I wonder if they were the couple I saw walk into Red Lobster?!

Sounds like a fun day to me, too, cyn. Eldest spawn and I have done something similar but we don't have nearly the walk (read, good exercise) that you do. Just think of the thousands of buckaroonies people pay to vacation in Hawaii and do just what you did. And you did it by walking! Yep...lucky we live Hawaii.

I think as the economy continues to tank we're gonna see more kamaaina deals in Waikiki. We'll need to get an Uber-Frugal Kamaaina Alert thread going on HT!

Comment

Yesterday, the Puget Sound-area Hawaiian community turned out in force for a day-long "Aloha O Na Kupuna" Festival, featuring hula and music from dozens of folks. I was supposed to emcee the concluding segment (5-9 pm), but got there at the start and emceed all - the - bloody - day - long (twelve hours).

But was on'y good fun. Lotta the folks I get to make music with were there, and we raised funds towards medical bills of former Pandanus Club member, Roddy Lopez, Jr., who needs a heart transplant.

My mother came into town, as she has been studying hula with a teacher in the little community where she now lives, about 3 hours away from Seattle, and her group was dancing; it's the first time I've seen her hula (I was impressed at what the old lady could do!)

She stayed with us the past couple of nights, and just headed home this evening. This morning, we took her to breakfast at the oft-mentioned Kona Kitchen.

(Note to kimo: yes, she was there, so we chatted a bit. The 9/7 event is stressing her out, but I can think of no one more "together" to make it succeed.)

Comment

pomai & tutusue- i'm tickled that you are musing whether you've had eric n cyn sightings. tutu, if u saw a multi-ethnic couple (her in two low ponytails, him w/goatee) walk into red lobster between 3 & 4 pm, you might have gotten a glimpse. pomai, if the band you named were dressed in orange n khaki polo shirts, w/the exception of the drummer, who wore a black tee, then we three were breathing the same air. =P
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Today I was at a stop sign when I saw a little guy (maybe 9 or 10 yo) on the sidewalk on his bike, ready to cross in front of me. He didn't try until he made eye contact with me. I waved him on and as soon as he was directly in front of my car he stopped and pointed back from whence he came, making sure I saw his younger cohort who was on a scooter. He held his place in front of my car 'til scooter boy safely caught up with him. And, off they went! If only adults were as smart.

This is the complete antithesis to the subject of my posts in the "Oahu's hit and runs, WTF" thread! I'm so proud of that little guy...and, most likely, his parents.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          Today I was at a stop sign when I saw a little guy (maybe 9 or 10 yo) on the sidewalk on his bike, ready to cross in front of me. He didn't try until he made eye contact with me. I waved him on and as soon as he was directly in front of my car he stopped and pointed back from whence he came, making sure I saw his younger cohort who was on a scooter. He held his place in front of my car 'til scooter boy safely caught up with him. And, off they went! If only adults were as smart.

This is the complete antithesis to the subject of my posts in the "Oahu's hit and runs, WTF" thread! I'm so proud of that little guy...and, most likely, his parents.
                          that is so cute! thanks for sharing, tutusue! it's a charming image to have in my head.

Comment

the best part of today was finishing a small walkway/path (took me 4 times to get it right). ugh, my aching back. but, that's okay it looks nice. i also picked some vine ripened beefsteak tomatoes. mm mm good!
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

The best part of today was being able to take five friends out to the sandbar. And the weather was absolutely perfect!
                              Second bestest part was that I took my camera along... and never used it once for once.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Best part of today was going with DH and DS to see the view off the Pali Lookout, and holding our breath through the tunnels (DS's idea.)

Second best part was the yummy chicken fried steak and mashed taters at the Sizzler in Kailua. The plate held enough for two!

Third best part was riding back home around Kahuku and looking for stilts in the ponds.

Overall a really nice day that ended with a family nap.

<sigh>

Comment

Working...
                                X