Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Part of Today

The annual Seattle `Ukulele Players Association's picnic is all day today - food, friends, and flailing fingers on frets - and perfect weather, too! (Supposed to be 75 and sunny.) Info on SUPA (with lots of photos) at www.seattleukulele.org.

Comment

the best part of today was reading the morning paper then taking the four dogs for their walks and even better, picking green onions, purple baby bell peppers and a beefsteak tomato. (the dogs are knocked-out).
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

The best part of today was receiving a very unexpected check in the mail; royalties payment to my dad for foreign use of several Looney Tunes he wrote! While not a grandiose amount in any sense of the word, it's a far cry better than his last check...

...70¢!!! Yes, the Writers Guild of America paid (at the time) 41¢ to mail a 70¢ check. I'm framing it!

Pop's 4 beneficiaries now have a small, in-family, stimulus check!!! I'm not framing this one! Look out Goodwill/Beretania St...here I come!

Comment

best parts of every day whilst on family business in the philippines are the frequent emails from eric. i just sent him a pic of me in my uncle's garden with one of his moth orchids in my hair. eric's reaction was two words: "I like!"
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

one more.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

best part of today for me was a 15 minute nap during lunch; having to work a full-time and a part time job and going to school part-time; that was a well needed nap
              stay forever young

Comment

I was offered a new job today and I accepted.

I'll be making twice what I make now and the new location cuts my morning and afternoon commute in half.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Taking care of my sick son and watching his fever go down and become his usual self.
                  just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post

I'll be making twice what I make now and the new location cuts my morning and afternoon commute in half.
                    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                    I'm so happy to see your note. Can you give us some insight on what you'll be doing?!!!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

WOOHOO! Congrats!
                      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                      "
                      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                        I'm so happy to see your note. Can you give us some insight on what you'll be doing?!!!
                        Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                        WOOHOO! Congrats!
                        Absolutely what they said!!! Great news, Lei!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
                          Taking care of my sick son and watching his fever go down and become his usual self.
                          When illnesses start to resolve like that it definitely is the best part of the day. Glad to hear the little guy is back to feelin' good.

Comment

From another representative of the LL Posse - congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations Lei Liko!!

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks everybody! I don't want to reveal too much publicly, but I have PM-ed some of you about my new position! I'm so excited...I start my training today right after I'm done with my current job. It'll be a long day.

And in other news...I put in my two weeks' notice this morning. It was difficult, but it was a liberating feeling -- and boy, was it awesome!
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X