Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Part of Today

Best part of today was learning my 17-year old boy will begin his Delayed Entrance Program into the U.S. Marines on Saturday. Oh man I'm so proud of him!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

the best part of today was having a telephone conference where three people calling into our boardroom from three different states on CONUS went without a hitch. plus no one left the meeting overly angry at anyone else.

i know, some other companies can do this kinda stuff with their eyes closed, but for us, it's a happy, if relatively small, achievement.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

it's only 0756 but besides waking to the melodious tones of eric's snoring (it often makes up some for what is almost the worst part of the day--the act of waking up, which is always so unpleasantly jarring for me), the best part of the day so far was reading this in the pet peeve thread:

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I hate it when my wife has to leave for Honolulu to go back to work on a Sunday afternoon when the sun's all grey and dreary. I can't wait until we go back to Honolulu so our family can be together again.

I hate it when because you're all depressed that your wife has to leave you go to a Cheveron Mini Mart to get some comfort food and the Icee machine is OUT OF ORDER! WHY ME!!!!

I hate it when you're all depressed because your comfort food is non existant so you can't get over the depressed feeling of a grey and dreary Sunday afternoon because your wife had to go back to Honolulu and you console yourself into reheating the leftovers for dinner and the leftovers have somehow managed to spoil.

So I went to Malama Market in Pahoa and bought some bananas, apples, milk and two pounds of hamburger on sale and just made it past the minimum $25 dollar purchase to get my Malama Market gas card punched.

I'm happy now, but I do wish I could see my wife again soon, she's my foundation.
        i just love the adoration that mr. watanabe has for his wife, and how he tries to console himself with icee (like a lil boy), is rebuffed, then goes and buys groceries. it's an honor that he would share his vulnerability with us.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Meeting a couple of buddies I met in Las Vegas plus D'Alani and maybe Pzarquon for lunch today @ Nico's. I appreciate this as most local friends still work, so pretty hard for them to break away for weekday lunch.
          Last edited by Palama Kid; April 23, 2007, 09:38 AM. Reason: Clarification
          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

I got to get out and go for a great bike ride today. the weather is perfect today! A buddy and I did 16 miles, had a great time!
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

Woke up this morning, had a Great time with my Missus, went to Yamasin store by Farrington to get Luau Leaves, Samoan Sausages, coconuts, and more.

The Best part was eating a terrific lunch that my Honey prepared from all the goodies!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Best part of today was My oldest boy winning a sack race after soem motherly advice, his ego was a mile high! He was SO happy! Good to see the boys so happy and having fun.
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

... is that my sister Keanu and her family returns HOME from St. Charles, Missouri tomorrow for good (home!), which I'm really excited! The next few days I'll be busy helping them move in.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

All day. Two good Hawaiian-music radio shows, followed by a long ferry ride in gorgeous weather.

Comment

Though I sooooooo missed my Saturdays off from work they got me scheduled now cause good ol retail and its considered the BUSIEST Day of the week
                      soooooooo getting to the positive theme here.......

Today at work for me went by pretty fast and it did!

Comment

getting this photo from my wife in Honolulu of my 3-year old playing in the sand as the sun sets. Photo taken with her camera phone not bad
                        Last edited by craigwatanabe; March 14, 2008, 09:22 AM.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

being on the receiving end of a random act of kindness..........
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                            ... is that my sister Keanu and her family returns HOME from St. Charles, Missouri tomorrow for good (home!), which I'm really excited! The next few days I'll be busy helping them move in.
                            Awesome Pomai as this is my ultimate dream as well, moving home. How long has it been for her? Is it going to be her husband and kids (she has kids, yes?) first time living on the islands ever? All must be so anxious!

I wish her good luck with her move and settling in. It's beautiful to hear of kamaaina moving back home and family being together again.
                            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I had something to post on this thread a few days ago but couldn't find it so I'll post it now.

My best part of a few days ago () was being on Myspace IM with my cousin and Auntie who asked why I was up so late. So I told them that sometimes when my husband works a graveyard shift that I can't sleep without him taking up 3/4 of the bed, I get lonely. In just a few seconds time I hear *riiing* and pick up the phone. Who is it? Family, on speaker phone! We talk and talk and talk story some more. I talk to my cousin, my Aunt, my Uncle, and my Grandpa. They tell me jokes (that alone lasted about an hour, lol), stories, things going on, gossip, they give me advice, my grandpa tells me small keed time stories that I've heard 10x before but love hearing again, like it's new. Before I know it, it's 3 hours later, 3 AM my time. So finally we are saying our dragged out goodbyes because they realize I sound tired. Before we all hang up they ask me, "You aren't feeling lonely anymore, yeah?"

I cried when I got off the phone. Happy tears. An ocean away but they are always there for me. And that's how it is on both sides of my family. I'm blessed.
                              Last edited by Lei K; June 3, 2007, 05:53 AM. Reason: Still too early for me to post it seems... spelling.
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                                Awesome Pomai as this is my ultimate dream as well, moving home. How long has it been for her? Is it going to be her husband and kids (she has kids, yes?) first time living on the islands ever?
                                She's certainly from here (Kamehameha Alumni). Met her husband, originally from MO, here back when he was stationed at Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Base. Now working for the feds. Fortunately he was recently able get a same-position transfer with the assistance of COLA. They get plenny keedz. Lived in MO for 10 years to be with hubby's family. Now they're all ready to come home, including hubby, who also prefers it here over MO. Our father's recent passing (which she flew home while he was ill) really changed her scope and she wants to be there for our mother in her golden years.

Surely one day you'll come home for good too, as it shows to be in your heart.
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X