Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Part of Today

I knew she was originally from da 'aina and Hawaiian kine, just was asking how long it had been since she's been home to live. I tell ya, I shouldn't post so early in the morning.

How old are her bebes? They eager to live in a new (yet familiar, of course) place? I often wonder how my own bebes will adjust.

Little off topic but you talking about your sister being KS alumni reminded me of something that happened recently. The other day the car in front of me had "Kamehameha alumni" on their car. I got excited, sped up, changed lanes so I'm right next to that car, shaka the woman driving, heck, my whole van full of people wen shaka (3 kids and my husband) and the woman in that car looked at us like we're crazy.

Later that same day, I saw a whole bunch of people protesting for their rights (they work for a state hospital here) and I notice in the bunch a very Polynesian lookin bruddah and I go shaka him when I drive by. He smiled beeeg, pointed at me, danced a bit and gave me da two hand shaka.

I figured da "KS alumni" person would show da aloha too, go figure. LOL! I bet your sister would shaka back.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I can't decide upon my brother's graduation, seeing all of my old teachers, or the dinner that will follow. Or maybe that the blaisdell parking lot will be filled with teens burning out, and drifting tonight?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

seeing a pair of hawks hunting this morning. That was awesome.
        "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!! I saw Lightning bugs aka Fireflies!! Tonight!
          I have never seen them nor has anyone in the family...so the boys were giddy with excitement and frankly so was I!

Garsh I love new things in the south.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
            FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!!! I saw Lightning bugs aka Fireflies!! Tonight!
            I have never seen them nor has anyone in the family...so the boys were giddy with excitement and frankly so was I!
            That's so cool, blue. I grew up with them in the midwest, but don't see them here in WA, and the AF didn't see them here or back home in Hawai`i. But when I was working in NC briefly back in 2000, she came out for a trip and saw them for the first time; she too was just as excited by their beauty. It's easy to catch 'em gently in your hands and watch them flash - they look like box elder bugs (if you've ever seen those.) They don't bite or sting, they'll just rest in your cupped hands and keep flashing - they are trying to attract mates.

LOVE your new photo with hubby!

As for today, we played music with our `ukulele group, but had a great time eating burgers with a bunch of them afterwards - hanging out for three hours.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
              I can't decide upon my brother's graduation, seeing all of my old teachers, or the dinner that will follow. Or maybe that the blaisdell parking lot will be filled with teens burning out, and drifting tonight?
              Okay, so those didn't happen (I guess I'll move it to the pissed off thread).

But tonight, atleast I spent it with 36 of my favorite relatives (probably the only relatives since I've been seeing them at the same parties) at my brother's after-graduation party.

Oh, and not hearing any ricers or loud bass-pounding music at the blaisdell. But was funny seeing the full of balloons, airhorns and other distractions - since they had signs saying the opposite.

Comment

This was actually yesterday 6/03.

I had 4 of my Bestest friends over yesterday. My wonderful wife set us up with Great snacks and food, then left to go to work.

So's it was just us guys!

We drank beer (lots of it), ate food, and laughed to our hearts content. They left and I fell asleep around 8:30 last night.

Now my internal clock is off a bit.

It was a Great Day!
                Last edited by Menehune Man; June 4, 2007, 04:59 AM.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Today, I met up with cezanne and got 2 free CRT monitors. Yes, my computer desk got smaller, but I got dual monitors running! If I can either find or buy a cable, then I can have a triple monitor setup! (I don't even have a use [yet] for dual monitors, but more power for me.)

Comment

I got to bail on work a little early and went and enjoyed a GREAT round of golf. Finished 3 over, but for me that is great! Weather today was awesome, warm(80's) with a nice breeze.
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

Let's see...
                      I got to do a load of laundry at my soon-to-be, new "home office"!

Ok...ok...the day's still young. There's still time for an even better part of today to happen!

Comment

...is happening in a few hours.

Cousin's old US NAVAL ACADEMY roommate and buddies fly in this afternoon for one last hurrah before my cousin bites the dust and gets married. Yours truly is meeting them for happy hour and pupus right after work.

at the fact that the majority of them (the hot ones, anyway) are still single.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Got a call this morning, asking if I'd be available to play `ukulele at a gig this afternoon. A paying gig (plus lunch.) Of course, I took it - made for a nice day.

Comment

Today was the first time I had to fill the fuel tank on my new moped.
                            I got 60 miles on that tankfull! Filling it from almost empty to very full with premium cost me $2.84. I'm lovin' it!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Let's see...
                              I got to do a load of laundry at my soon-to-be, new "home office"!

Ok...ok...the day's still young. There's still time for an even better part of today to happen!
                              Wait, What? Did you move, or did you just finally re-do your surfside place into the "little grass shack" you've been talkin about doing ?
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

It's wednesday, and it's my last day of the work week...vacation days that need to be expended before the end of the FY, here I come!
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X