Best Part of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Part of Today

Working in the rain - the hard, long, very wet rain. I was working alone (usually there's someone else with me, but I guess my partner decided to play hookie tonight) and the store was getting slammed by customers. Not to mention my fellow coworkers kept on grabbing the carts from the inside bin instead of grabbing it from the outside. Anyway, when it started to rain hard, I just raised up my arms and yelled "cheeee hoooo!!!" loud enough so a few people can hear. I guess I was a kid again. Everything on my body got wet though, even though I wore a rain coat.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
      Working in the rain - the hard, long, very wet rain. I was working alone (usually there's someone else with me, but I guess my partner decided to play hookie tonight) and the store was getting slammed by customers. Not to mention my fellow coworkers kept on grabbing the carts from the inside bin instead of grabbing it from the outside. Anyway, when it started to rain hard, I just raised up my arms and yelled "cheeee hoooo!!!" loud enough so a few people can hear. I guess I was a kid again. Everything on my body got wet though, even though I wore a rain coat.
      Wow, Adrian, I'm impressed. I woulda thought that to be a "pet peeve" for you and, instead, it was the best part of your day. Way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Wow, Adrian, I'm impressed. I woulda thought that to be a "pet peeve" for you and, instead, it was the best part of your day. Way to go!
        Somehow, I'm seeing things in a new light.

And I blasted the perfect song when I went to pickup my sister from school today: "school's out for summer" by Alice Cooper. Its just one more thing that made me feel like a kid again.

Comment

The best part of today, was when I saw a fourth copy of my car. As usual, our eyes met, but this driver eyed my car a few feet before I did and when he looked at me, he looked at me like he was memorizing my face. For some reason, I LOLed after that encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
            The best part of today, was when I saw a fourth copy of my car. As usual, our eyes met, but this driver eyed my car a few feet before I did and when he looked at me, he looked at me like he was memorizing my face. For some reason, I LOLed after that encounter.
            Was he a fellow Pilipino?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
              Was he a fellow filipino?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
              nah, he was big guy. Probably a mixed pacific islander, or hispanic.

Comment

For me....

it was last night.

My hubby, my friend & I went to Rumors night club, had some pupus (free food), danced a little bit, & chatted amongs ourselves.

Later we all left to go to my hubby's vehicle. Since I was 2nd to the last person going in the car, I noticed some gentlemen in the car slowed down & noticed me with my really nifty outfit, & said hi to me. So, I was somewhat stunned, & speechless.

I thought they were waiting for us to back out (at first), to get into the parking, so, I asked them:, "are you looking for parking, or just being fresh?." so, as they drove away slowly, & one of them said back to me, "Being Fresh.".

I on the other hand didn't hear their reply as they drove off. All I heard from my hubby was as he shouted "Thanks for being honest", as I was getting in the car.

As we were all in the car, & my hubby driving away, I asked him what those kind gentlemen said. So he explained to me their reply.

It was just so Funn~nny all the way around .

I guess just by being married, I can get away with a lot of things to say, than oppose to just being single. lol.

By the way, True ~ story. =)

Aloha. =)
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I'm glad the story went as you said, instead of how so many jerks get jealous whenever someone even just glances at their better half, then starts a fight either with them, or with you. I'm totally the type who actually gets flattered when someone "checks out" my girlfriend. To me that's a compliment. It's all about TRUST.

This reminds of the song "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.

I bet you're quite a looker. No lie, you was dancing in da' cage, eh?

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                  For me....

it was last night.

My hubby, my friend & I went to Rumors night club, had some pupus (free food), danced a little bit, & chatted amongs ourselves.

Later we all left to go to my hubby's vehicle. Since I was 2nd to the last person going in the car, I noticed some gentlemen in the car slowed down & noticed me with my really nifty outfit, & said hi to me. So, I was somewhat stunned, & speechless.

I thought they were waiting for us to back out (at first), to get into the parking, so, I asked them:, "are you looking for parking, or just being fresh?." so, as they drove away slowly, & one of them said back to me, "Being Fresh.".

I on the other hand didn't hear their reply as they drove off. All I heard from my hubby was as he shouted "Thanks for being honest", as I was getting in the car.

As we were all in the car, & my hubby driving away, I asked him what those kind gentlemen said. So he explained to me their reply.

It was just so Funn~nny all the way around

I guess just by being married, I can get away with a lot of things to say, than oppose to just being single. lol.

By the way, True ~ story.

Aloha. =)
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    heheheh...

I love to hear stories like these.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

• Re: Best Part of Today

I'm glad the story went as you said, instead of how so many jerks get jealous whenever someone even just glances at their better half, then starts a fight either with them, or with you. I'm totally the type who actually gets flattered when someone "checks out" my girlfriend. To me that's a compliment. It's all about TRUST.

This reminds of the song "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.

I seem to have that cute look ;-) .

But...

I would guess, when I had that outfit on last night, my hubby thought I was pretty sexy, either that or he just said that because he loves me. lol.

By the way, that is a really nice song (by Eric Clapton), I wish the DJ at the Rumors played that, so my hubby & I could have slowed danced to it. =)

Thank you Lynn & Pomai for replying to my post.

Aloha & Have a nice day. =)
                      Aches & Pains
                      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I'm totally the type who actually gets flattered when someone "checks out" my girlfriend. To me that's a compliment. It's all about TRUST.
                        Yeah, me too! Always have been and some of the previous ladies in my life were even surprised.
                        What a bummer to think how other guys treated them.

What a shame.

Best part of today is...

I've got the sweetest love that I've ever experienced in my life now.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Best part of my day? making caramel corn... with the kids.
                          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                          Sharing withother survivors...
                          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Looks Great and I looove your signature of late!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                              Best part of my day? making caramel corn... with the kids.
                              Me want want want!

Gosh, it's been such a long time since I've had a box of Cracker Jack. Love that stuff.

My last gorge-fest of popcorn was of the "Hurricane" furikake variety the other night while watching TV by myself (my girlfriend is in Oregon for her sister's college graduation). I added CHOKE mochi crunch in the mix. I make it like 1:2 ratio Mochi Crunch (arare) to popcorn.
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The weather made most of today the best part! Low humidity, like fifty percent or something close to that, strong winds, sunny with blue skies and few clouds! Talk about nature's AC, and blessings! whew....and had chosen today for what mainlanders call "spring cleaning." Wow, doesn't get much better than this. I'm very thankful and oh, probably already said that.
                                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
                                X