American Idol 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol 6

I'm always surprised that these contestants are surprised by the way they're handled.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I anxiously await the discovery of the next WILLIAM HUNG, who has already released THREE CDs since his 2004 debut on AI! He is the reincarnation of the mid-'60's ELVA MILLER (MRS. MILLER, for all you trivia buffs).

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        [...]That son is mildly autistic. It is obvious that some of those contestants aren't balanced, but learning that has me rethinking if I will continue to watch the show.
        "Challenged" contestants should be allowed to audition and, if they're singing skills are really lacking, they should not be put thru to the judges. Just by nature of being challenged there is no hope of winning the competition. Under no circumstances should they be put thru in the name of "good tv" and that damn almighty dollar. If my special needs nephew was the appropriate age and had a dream to audition for AI I'd encourage him to pursue that dream, regardless of his abilities...IF the show had a policy in place to honor such contestants for their desire and cut them with dignity. Shame on AI for doing anything less. The show's in a good position to help bring some joy and encouragement to these contestants, possibly with a sub-category that features it's own non-televised competition...along the lines of the Olympics and the Special Olympics. AI is making enough money to do that.

Now that I think about it, a televised 'Special AI' (just a show or 3, not a full season) if done correctly, could also bring better understanding to special needs people and how they have hopes and dreams just like the rest of 'us'. It would be a real tear jerker...just like the Special Olympics.
        Last edited by tutusue; January 21, 2007, 09:53 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          I'm always surprised that these contestants are surprised by the way they're handled.
          They're deluded because before Simon, Paula, and Randy get to hear a contestant, they go through 1-2 lower level judges (these auditions are never televised). They only accept the very good and the very bad. Although the very bad who pass have a 50/50 chance of being bad or good, a lot of people will hang on to that 50% chance of being really good for dear life.

Comment

I've watched every season ever since Season 2 with Ruben and Clay. I like everything about Idol, even the bad auditions. They make me laugh.

Question: Do you think that all the bad contestants have truly gone on there because they think they're good singers, or do you think it's because they want to show off on TV? I think it could maybe be a bit of both.
            'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
              Question: Do you think that all the bad contestants have truly gone on there because they think they're good singers, or do you think it's because they want to show off on TV? I think it could maybe be a bit of both.
              I think Simon is a good gauge of this, and has called a contestant on it on at least one occasion. Last year or the year before, someone was acting very goofy (I think it was 2005, someone trying feebly to be the next William Hung) and Simon was all like "You're here just because you want to be on TV, you're wasting our time" blah blah.

Comment

The two "bad" contestants were:

1) the alleged vocal teacher;
                2) the "Wizard of Oz" impressionist with those weird sounds trying to emulate the "Cowardly Lion," among others.

They seemed to be genuinely confident of their "talent."

Then, there are those who swear at Simon. It takes a majority of the judges to decide who stays and who goes.

Comment

I haven't seen any outstanding contestants this season. It seems like last season had a big talent pool. All the people I was keeping an eye on messed up on group day. The Britnam twins from last season were the best for the drama dept. They tried to make some drama with the 2 girls who are best friends, I thought it was weak.

In the auditions no one sang any Stevie Wonder songs, how strange.

Comment

What happened to that Rachel girl from NYC? She didn't make the hotel auditions? I missed a few AI episodes.

Comment

These are the 24 finalists(take notice, no blonds this time).I'm hoping Sundance Head and Chris Sligh get in , we need a regular guy to win.
                      Last edited by alohabear; February 16, 2007, 07:52 AM.
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

I really really enjoyed the final Hollywood week competition. "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" and "Until You Come Back To Me" are some of my favorites.

IMHO, the guys are definitely stronger this year. I'm surprised that Antonella girl got in, considering she couldn't even remember her song lyrics -- I really felt bad for Marisa Rhodes. Oh well, maybe Simon loves guidettes, I don't know.

I really like the fact that the majority of them are older and more seasoned performers. I like how two of them are former background singers who are finally getting their time to shine. I haven't really seen any that just flat out sucked early on as I've seen in previous seasons.

I think a guy's going to win again this year.
                        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                        We're not here to mess around
                        Boston, you know we love you madly
                        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                        You know we couldn't live without you
                        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think they should just send all the guys home, they all sucked. What would really happen if no one voted???

Comment

Well, speedtek, personally I think there is a potential star among the guys who, I agree, stunk it up last night...for the most part.

First of all I'll admit to being a percussion slut! I love Blake Lewis' beatboxing (outside the hip hop genre) and scatting. And when he incorporates both into a jazz groove...he knocks this tutu's socks off and I don't even wear any! I loved last weeks "Virtual Insanity". Last night's "All Mixed Up" was a mediocre performance but a great, albeit unknown, song choice, I think. The kid's got the look, the beat, the voice and the moves. He has a bunch of YouTube videos, 3 of which I downloaded to my iPod! I don't think the performances are adaptable to AI but they do show his talent.

Here's a concert and a beatbox freestyle video.

This music ignorant tutu thinks this kid is highly marketable in a Justin Timberlake-ish kinda way!

Comment

There are definitely some male stars who will be successful but in this competition I think the girls outdo the guys 10 to 1.

Comment

If Antonella is not gone this week, the show is rigged
                                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                                Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X