No announcement yet.

Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

The Virginia Delegate, Mr. Hargrove, is in hot water for telling blacks to "get over it" regarding slavery. He asks the questions "Should we tell Jews to apologize for killing Christ?"

The PC crowd is all up in arms for his blunt delivery.

People who constantly dwell on the past will always fail in the future. It's what I call the "Crutch Hypothesis". Hawaiians have it. Blacks have it. Jews have it from the Holocaust. Arabs have it from the creation of Israel.

All you people who dwell in the past create failure scenarios for yourselves. Then when your life is a total train wreck, you can blame anybody and everybody, except of course, yourself. What a pathetic way to live.

YOU are responsible for the outcome in YOUR life. GET OVER IT !!!!
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Re: Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

Originally posted by timkona View Post
    People who constantly dwell on the past will always fail in the future. It's what I call the "Crutch Hypothesis". Hawaiians have it. Blacks have it. Jews have it from the Holocaust. Arabs have it from the creation of Israel.
    the holocaust is a little further back in time than the current injustices currently being commited against Hawaiians, in the current time.

Comment

I have a feeling this will be the "duck and cover" thread of the day!
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Well thanks Blue. I've never thought to duck and cover, which explains the bruises.

What are the injustices that happen today to Hawaiians?? I thought the only injustice happening to Hawaiians was the constant entitlement being thrown at them in the form of racial preference, which only serves to exacerbate the "Crutch Hypothesis". Reinforcing the notion that Hawaiians are somehow inferior to others is just a terrible way to live a life.

I certainly would not want society to view me as completely unable to compete, and succeed, in the world, merely because of who I am, or who my parents were.
        Last edited by timkona; January 17, 2007, 07:30 AM. Reason: forgot a little
        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

GET OVER IT!

Comment

GG. that's a kill all the lawyers song. good subject for anodda thread.

Comment

Why do you suppose most WASPs such as yourself are immune?
              “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
              http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Ah yesssss......another chili pepper thread by yours truly. You can count on me.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Immune from what? Entitlement?? Failure?? Feeling sorry for myself?? Ignorance?? Polio?? Please clarify Sinjin.

Perhaps it is the thick skin, perhaps the intellect, perhaps blind luck???
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

I certainly would not want society to view me as completely unable to compete, and succeed, in the world, merely because of who I am, or who my parents were.
                    What if "society" addressed the fact that you might be at a disadvantage because of who you are and who your parents are/were. Do you at least admit that some are at an advantage because of who they are and who their parents are/were?
                    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Perhaps it is the thick skin?
                      Not thick but you're getting warm.

Comment

What if "society" addressed the fact that you might be at a disadvantage because of who you are and who your parents are/were. Do you at least admit that some are at an advantage because of who they are and who their parents are/were?

Maybe all men are NOT created equal. If we start there, then your post makes sense. What would Jefferson think of that? Any Rockefeller starts with a distinct advantage. That is part of what motivates me the most.

Parents do have a lot to do with it. Perhaps some children do poorly in school because their parents are terribly ignorant. Perhaps some children have low self esteem because their parents have been telling them all their lives that the cards are stacked against them. Sounds like the "Crutch Hypothesis".
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

Maybe all men are NOT created equal. If we start there, then your post makes sense. What would Jefferson think of that? Any Rockefeller starts with a distinct advantage. That is part of what motivates me the most.
                          Jefferson never meant all people have equal abilities or potential but that all people have equal humanity.

Parents do have a lot to do with it. Perhaps some children do poorly in school because their parents are terribly ignorant. Perhaps some children have low self esteem because their parents have been telling them all their lives that the cards are stacked against them.
                          Where did those parents get that idea? We probably would've had a black President by now if black parents hadn't misinformed there kids about the card stackage situation. Right?
                          Last edited by sinjin; January 17, 2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Oh, Sinjin. Racism is so beneath you.

I'm very lucky to have successful friends of many different colors and nationalities. Funny how I never really notice color. Some of my favorite friends call themselves Hawaiian too. It don't matter to me. I don't know of any of them who were born with a silver spoon either.

The very notion that ANYBODY can be a success is contrary to basic tenets of liberal philosophy. That is why this whole thread makes you so darned uncomfortable. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain OR the person pulling your strings.
                            FutureNewsNetwork.com

Comment

You should go tell them "get over it" to their face .....and see where that gets you. But we all know you wouldn't do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X