No announcement yet.

Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Political Correctness - GET OVER IT !!

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Rep. Goode said it was "unAmerican" for Rep. Ellison to place his hand on the Quran during his photo-op "swearing in" ceremony (not a legal ceremony) a couple of weeks ago. But Rep. Ellison turned the tables on Rep. Goode by borrowing a Quran belonging to none other than President Andrew Jackson. Since then, not a peep out of Rep. Goode.

Miulang

ha! i LOVE it!

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
    No need to study history then. Every time you girlfriend cheats on you....just think to yourself "don't dwell on the past".."Victim mentality leads to victimhood"....then forgive her and get married.
    no, no, no, no, dear. you have it all wrong.

when your gf cheats on you, you drink to excess, sleep around to excess, then forgive your gf. when she thinks she's got you back, you then sober up, break up fantastically with your gf, and take some time to date around (versus merely sleep around, but dating around allows for sex, too).

last step? get married to someone else.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

[deleted, dup posting]
      Last edited by SouthKona; January 17, 2007, 10:22 PM. Reason: duplicate posting

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        when your gf cheats on you, you drink to excess, sleep around to excess, then forgive your gf. when she thinks she's got you back, you then sober up, break up fantastically with your gf, and take some time to date around (versus merely sleep around, but dating around allows for sex, too).last step? get married to someone else.
        I guess you could call that a plan, but who'd want to marry you after that??

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          But what IS poverty? We talk about it, but how is it defined? (And who gets to define it?) I think you'll find that it's a moving target. Partly because what used to be considered a luxury is now considered an necessity. (How many people living "in poverty" in America have a TV and a phone?) Then again, there are probably those who define poverty as a means to insure a political taking point. I'm sure there are some who could find poverty in the biblical city of Enoch.
          Bravo! I like your Post ~ makes a whole lot a sense!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona View Post
            I guess you could call that a plan, but who'd want to marry you after that??
            i hope you don't believe the majority of people marry without a bit of rounding the block, esp with couples marrying at an older age than in generations past.

you know, the analogy does extend to world history. just look at england, france, and the US. now THERE's a lot of cheating, breaking up, forgiving, cheating, and breaking up again!
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

OK, now that I've gotten to the bottom of this thread, I need to say a few things that really chap me on this whole subject.

First of all, I don't think this is a race issue. It's a cultural issue. Everybody seems to hold some strange belief that everyone's skin color is only their skin color and inside everyone is exactly the same. The fact we see an uneven distribution of wealth among people of different colors must be evidence of some kind of flaw in society.

Not necessarily true.

The first mistake is to use a single measuring stick of success: money. Sure, everyone would like to have more of it, but if you look around, you'll find that not everyone is willing to do the same thing to get it. Different cultures have different definitions of success. Some value education and respect their teachers. Others belittle them. Some value hard work. Others value family and building good relationships. Some have a history of teaching the value of sacrificing for a long term gain. Others value the moment. Some value "giving the best" to their kids, and others drive them to learn the value of work. And many of these attitudes are tied to or shaped by one's culture. And as anyone with the most tenuous grasp of statistics can tell you, there's a strong tie between skin color and culture.

The fact is, maybe we should fear the "utopia" that everyone seems to seek. For the only way that all races will come out the same economically is if all traces of culture are stamped out and all that is left is skin color, taste in clothing, and music.

Perhaps one of the greatest acts of discrimination is to slap the white man's measuring stick on all the other races.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                OK, now that I've gotten to the bottom of this thread, I need to say a few things that really chap me on this whole subject.

First of all, I don't think this is a race issue. It's a cultural issue. Everybody seems to hold some strange belief that everyone's skin color is only their skin color and inside everyone is exactly the same. The fact we see an uneven distribution of wealth among people of different colors must be evidence of some kind of flaw in society.

Not necessarily true.

The first mistake is to use a single measuring stick of success: money. Sure, everyone would like to have more of it, but if you look around, you'll find that not everyone is willing to do the same thing to get it. Different cultures have different definitions of success. Some value education and respect their teachers. Others belittle them. Some value hard work. Others value family and building good relationships. Some have a history of teaching the value of sacrificing for a long term gain. Others value the moment. Some value "giving the best" to their kids, and others drive them to learn the value of work. And many of these attitudes are tied to or shaped by one's culture. And as anyone with the most tenuous grasp of statistics can tell you, there's a strong tie between skin color and culture.

The fact is, maybe we should fear the "utopia" that everyone seems to seek. For the only way that all races will come out the same economically is if all traces of culture are stamped out and all that is left is skin color, taste in clothing, and music.

Perhaps one of the greatest acts of discrimination is to slap the white man's measuring stick on all the other races.

yea - finally, it seems like someone "gets it".
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                  i hope you don't believe the majority of people marry without a bit of rounding the block, esp with couples marrying at an older age than in generations past.

you know, the analogy does extend to world history. just look at england, france, and the US. now THERE's a lot of cheating, breaking up, forgiving, cheating, and breaking up again!
                  I'm quite sure you instructed, "you drink to excess, sleep around to excess", and finally "take some time to date around (versus merely sleep around, but dating around allows for sex, too)." I stand by my premise that such a lifestyle would not make you much of a catch. (Well, perhaps you'd be an opportunity to catch STDs or the such....)

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                    Rep. Goode said it was "unAmerican" for Rep. Ellison to place his hand on the Quran during his photo-op "swearing in" ceremony (not a legal ceremony) a couple of weeks ago. But Rep. Ellison turned the tables on Rep. Goode by borrowing a Quran belonging to none other than President Andrew Jackson. Since then, not a peep out of Rep. Goode.
                    Small but important (to me) correction: The Quran was Jefferson's, not Jackson's.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza View Post
                      Small but important (to me) correction: The Quran was Jefferson's, not Jackson's.
                      Wow! Das a BiG Correction!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                        Can you think of an instance where being white was a disadvantage to succeeding in this country?
                        Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                        Yes. Isn't it called "affirmative action" ?
                        If that were true one might expect that by removing affirmative action consideratiions from the UC admissions system that white students would fill the slots no longer held for students of color. What has actually happened is that those slots have been filled primarily by Asian Americans.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

If that were true one might expect that by removing affirmative action consideratiions from the UC admissions system that white students would fill the slots no longer held for students of color. What has actually happened is that those slots have been filled primarily by Asian Americans.
                          Well, yea, Asian Americans are also considered "minorities", no ? So, maybe Affirmative action is still in place, not just for black people, but any person considered a "minority", be it Asian, hispanic, whatever...non caucasian people. You think it just Affirmative Action just applies to Black people ?
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                            Well, yea, Asian Americans are also considered "minorities", no ? So, maybe Affirmative action is still in place, not just for black people, but any person considered a "minority", be it Asian, hispanic, whatever...non caucasian people. You think it just Affirmative Action just applies to Black people ?
                            In California it generally applies to Black and Latino students. I believe Asian American students receive no affirmative action consideration as they are overrepresented relative to their numbers in the general population.
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

In "The Bell Curve", the author proves, via copious statistics and test scores, that Asians are generally the smartest students.

His book was discredited as junk science by various liberal pundits and reviewers.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

In California it generally applies to Black and Latino students. I believe Asian American students receive no affirmative action consideration as they are overrepresented relative to their numbers in the general population.
                                Nope, don't believe affirmative action applied to Asian Americans in the UC system which is why once it was removed, their enrollment numbers went up.

It has nothing to do with Asian Americans being smarter, it's just that in their cultures, education is highly valued so they pursue it with vigor.

Comment

Working...
                                X