The Hawaii Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hawaii Chair

Oh, sweet mother of... the Hawaii Chair?

I guess it was inevitable, after the rodeo-inspired iGallop. And yes, there's a video for this gem, too.
    The Hawaii chair will bring the hula dance into your office, and home. Because of its conveniences, you can exercise multiples times a day at any time using the Hawaii chair in conjunction with your daily activities such as watching TV, surfing the internet, reading newspaper…That's right, you get all the benefits without all the hassle. No traveling to expensive classes. No wasting precious time, it's all in your home and office. Get all the benefits and none of the fuss.
    Only $420. Sheesh.

Re: The Hawaii Chair

1) I opened this thread, hoping to read about an endowment of some sort, such as a professorship at a university, or a first-position player with an orchestra. Sigh.

2) Hula as a weight-loss plan...yeah, I've seen it done as such, but I gotta tell you, many of the best dancers I've ever seen have been momona. They don't gotta be skinny to be captivating and graceful.

3) "Uwehe, Ami & Slide"...your chair across the office floor, into your boss' office, so they can tell you that you are CREEPING YOUR CO-WORKERS OUT with the moves you are doing in it!

Comment

it looks like a toilet for octogenarians.

I take exception to the implication Hula is created and used for weight loss.

I don't like the implications and the casting aspersions on "hula" in general:
      "No traveling to expensive classes.
      No wasting precious time,
      Get all the benefits and none of the fuss."

boycott time.
      send bitching, heat, and general objections to:
      customerservice@perfectusacorp.com

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55 View Post
        boycott time
        I tried to boycott "time" once - until I found out that it was the one thing that kept everything from happening simutaneously.

Comment

ok, then boycott space.

Comment

Exploitation and missappropriate use of indigenous culture has become all too common.

Indigenous intellectual property.

Comment

shades of this:
              http://www.kgmb.com/kgmb/display.cfm...=9311&sid=1183

among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                Exploitation and missappropriate use of indigenous culture has become all too common.
                or inappropriate misappropriation

Comment

"http://www.kgmb.com/kgmb/display.cfm...=9311&sid=1183"

No respect.

It's hard to compare my "cultural pride" with "u.s patriotism"..but I doubt the u.s would be very happy if I used their flag "inappropriately". Or if I mocked a national monument/historical figure. It's one thing if an individual person does it ...and another when it's corporation.

Kimo- thanks
                  Last edited by PoiBoy; January 18, 2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

trimmer, sexier waistlines=hawaii chair? I'm sure they coulda chose another state or country that equates to trimmer, sexier waistlines.
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Blogged it. (Digg it, if you do that kind of thing.) Definitely shades of the Kamehameha statue cruise ad. And where's the guy who started the petition and got the media fired up over the Dodge Kahuna thing? This would be right up his alley!

Comment

I missed this when it came out, but apparently Charles Memminger took on the "Hawaii Chair" and the "Hula Chair" a couple of weeks ago:
                        I personally find these chairs more offensive than the attack sub or Kamehameha drinking champagne, because if the king could have gotten his hands on an attack sub, you know he would have taken it and then toasted the acquisition with a bit of the bubbly. But he never, ever would have sat his royal posterior on a ridiculous electric chair that rotates the okole around like a warped 33-rpm record.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                          "http://www.kgmb.com/kgmb/display.cfm...=9311&sid=1183"

No respect.

It's hard to compare my "cultural pride" with "u.s patriotism"..but I doubt the u.s would be very happy if I used their flag "inappropriately". Or if I mocked a national monument/historical figure. It's one thing if an individual person does it ...and another when it's corporation.

Kimo- thanks

Actually I think there is a federal law prohibiting the use of the US fllag for clothing. You can't even fly the US Flag at night without proper illumination.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Do YOU have a "Hawaii Chair?"

(as seen on the latest talk shows...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_amg-Aos4
                            n'importe

Comment

Re: Do YOU have a "Hawaii Chair?"

Somehow, I don't think I could concentrate on my work sitting in that chair. Besides writing, editing, and formatting text, I also use PhotoShop, Illustrator, and a number of desktop publishing programs. How in the world could I draw a straight line with that chair wriggling about so much?

Comment

Working...
                              X