Sam Goodys closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Goodys closing?

I got an email from someone that I worked with informing me that SAM GOODYS who I used to work for is closing on Sunday.
    I was with them for at least 10 years datewise I forget but I know it was MARCH 1998. The location that I worked at was the PEARLRIDGE location.
    Briefly worked at ALA MOANA too also.
    Worked alongside a slew of folks that came and went and made good friends with a lot of ppl there. Partied hardied outside of work and lotsa good memories which nevah came close to other companies that I worked for after I left them.
    Sad to see my old store folding up. Buying habits has definately changed.
    Sooooooo does this include ALA MOANA and WINDWARD MALL?

btw the current avatar is a pic (unless I plan to change em) the ALA MOANA store.
    Noooooo its NOT me in that pic.
    Last edited by DannyWilliams; January 19, 2007, 02:51 PM.

Re: Sam Goodys closing?

I hadn't heard anything lately, but Kalihiboy posted that they were on their way out last March. Music Mac there at Pearlridge also recently bowed out. With the slow, sad demise of Tower Records, it's clear music is not the place to be in retail right now.

Comment

I'm kinda surprised that Sam Goody's and FYE are still open, considering the cheaper prices at Walmart and Best Buy.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Only the Pearl location is closing. Last day is next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Timster View Post
          Only the Pearl location is closing. Last day is next week.

Funny I could not find any mention of it online though....

Thanks for confirming it for me

Comment

More changes ahead for Sam Goody, which was owned by Musicland, which declared bankruptcy in January of last year. Besides closing some locations, other locations were bought out by Trans World Entertainment which is rebranding the Sam Goody stores located in shopping malls to FYE.

In January 2006, The Musicland Group filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. In February 2006, the company announced the closing [1] of 226 Sam Goody and 115 Suncoast Motion Picture Company stores. Following the closings, the Sam Goody chain will have 191 stores remaining.

In March 2006, Trans World Entertainment announced the purchase of Musicland and 400 Sam Goody and Suncoast stores. Trans World will keep 345 of the stores open around the country and close 55. As of November 2006 Trans World Entertainment Corp. has begun changing the names of mall-based Sam Goody stores to FYE, the company's signature retail store. Trans World will retain the Suncoast Motion Picture Co. name on about 170 stores. [2] All Sam Goody stores should be converted in the near future.
            Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X