• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jobs that interests you?

Flight Attendant
    Tayo

FINALLY HOME IN HAWAI'I!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    Mark Twain

Comment

Whack Whack City Hall Officials!!!! Yeeeehaaaaa!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
        I think being a farmer would be awesome!
        Ummm....nah.

Unless you enjoy getting up early in the morning, working your butt all day in the rain and mud and eating dinner on the porch because you're too filthy to come inside so after eating with the mosquitoes you take a cold shower outside before stepping inside.

Organic Farmer? I tried that too. Lots of hard work and risky when the Ag inspector comes by and you find out your organic pesticides didn't weed out those pesky nematodes and you lose your certification.

Either way as a produce farmer you have deadlines to meet so your spend more time in the packing shed than tending to your crops and then you run off to YB or FedEx (cuz FedEx has this great deal with produce farmers here on the Big Island to ship cheap).

It's hard work and I quit doing that because I was spending more of my time working than with my kids, and that's why I left Honolulu in the first place.

Now for a job that I would love? Music Director for a radio station. Yep paid to listen to music.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Arborist specializing in reforestation(environmental restoration) of Hawaiian forests(Koa and Sandalwood).
          “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
          http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Ummm....nah.

Unless you enjoy getting up early in the morning, working your butt all day in the rain and mud and eating dinner on the porch because you're too filthy to come inside so after eating with the mosquitoes you take a cold shower outside before stepping inside.

Organic Farmer? I tried that too. Lots of hard work and risky when the Ag inspector comes by and you find out your organic pesticides didn't weed out those pesky nematodes and you lose your certification.
            What I had in mind was subsistance-level microfarming, like what these folks are doing.
            "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Here's an interesting trivia a morning DJ brought up the other day..

Pitt's Stripper Debt

Brad Pitt owes his career to strippers.

The 'Babel' star used to work as personal chauffeur to strip group Women of the Pole who introduced him to famous acting coach Roy London. Brad insists if he hadn't met London he would never have made it in Hollywood.

The actor told Newsweek magazine: "I had a job driving strippers around. Yeah, my job was to drive them to bachelor parties and things. I'd pick them up, and at the gig I'd collect the money, play the bad Prince tapes and catch the girls' clothes. It was not a wholesome atmosphere, and it got very depressing.

"After two months I went in to quit, and the guy said, 'Listen, I've got this one last gig tonight.' So I did it, and this girl - I'd never met her before - was in an acting class taught by a man named Roy London. I went and checked it out, and it really set me on the path to where I am now.

"Strippers changed my life."
              I've always wanted to be an airline pilot, but never joined the military, which would have probably steered me in that direction.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                Arborist specializing in reforestation(environmental restoration) of Hawaiian forests(Koa and Sandalwood).
                oo, good one. I'll add Forester to my list.
                "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  I've always wanted to be an airline pilot, but never joined the military, which would have probably steered me in that direction.
                  Being in the USAF some of my friends were pilots for haulers and fighters, and both say it's better to be a hauler than a fighter pilot because when you get out the airline industry snaps up the haulers because of their multi-engine certification as opposed to fighter pilots who couldn't fly a four-engine jetliner for anything.

The sad truth was that most hauler pilots were fighter pilot school washouts who didn't have the endurance to fly a fighter plane at max g's.

But look who made the bucks later on as civillian pilots!

Comment

Ummm....nah.

My grandfather and his grandfather were farmers. I grew up on farms. They loved it. I think it depends on what you personally enjoy.
                    They grew hay/wheat/potatoes/and peaches.
                    Kept them busy and happy.
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                      My grandfather and his grandfather were farmers. I grew up on farms. They loved it. I think it depends on what you personally enjoy.
                      They grew hay/wheat/potatoes/and peaches.
                      Kept them busy and happy.
                      I enjoy relaxing. The money from farming was fantastic but not worth the amount of work and limited time with the family.

Comment

Being in the USAF some of my friends were pilots for haulers and fighters, and both say it's better to be a hauler than a fighter pilot because when you get out the airline industry snaps up the haulers because of their multi-engine certification as opposed to fighter pilots who couldn't fly a four-engine jetliner for anything.

The sad truth was that most hauler pilots were fighter pilot school washouts who didn't have the endurance to fly a fighter plane at max g's.

Would you say all military hauler pilots were fighter pilot washouts or some chose hauler to get pilot training on Uncle Sam's dime? It's definitely less dangerous to fly a C-17 than a F-16 into battlezones.

My list:
                        Aquaculture farmer
                        Winemaker
                        Grim Reaper

Comment

I've heard some of our Air National Guard F-15 jocks out of Hickam moonlight driving "buses" over at Hawaiian and Aloha.

Just once, just once, I'd love to be on a 737 or 717 when an F-15 part-timer gets "flash backs" and takes us on a double barrel roll maneuver.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by modpirate View Post
                            oo, good one. I'll add Forester to my list.
                            Since you're in Los Angeles you might want to look these folks up:
                            http://www.treepeople.org/?gclid=COH...FQ6BSAodplQ_Og
                            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              I've heard some of our Air National Guard F-15 jocks out of Hickam moonlight driving "buses" over at Hawaiian and Aloha.

Just once, just once, I'd love to be on a 737 or 717 when an F-15 part-timer gets "flash backs" and takes us on a double barrel roll maneuver.
                              Trust me you don't. I've been in a 747 in a near vertical dive over the Pacific for a good 7-seconds (Pan Am SFO to HNL) and I've been in a barrel roll in an F-111 . I'll take the F-111 anyday over the 747.

But I assume not all are washouts. Some actually had their thoughts ahead of their stint in the military while others simply had their heads in the clouds.

The reality is that haulers made more on the outside than fighter pilots made after leaving the military. For fighter pilots to fly multi-engine planes they have to be recertified. It's attainable but the hauler will get first dibs.

Now to land an MD-11 on Molokai's small runway probably requires fighter pilot's skills with carrier certification to land that mother of a plane on that driveway.

Comment

Maybe. Although I know one hauler who choose that route. He was top of his class so he had a choice. I asked why and he said the problem with being a fighter is that you make one mistake and you're dead. A hauler has a crew to back him up.

I still think it would be more fun in a fighter, but I can see his point.

Comment

Working...
                                X