Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van Halen reunites with Roth for tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2m_MtFKPGQ

One of a few clips on youtube from invite-only rehearsals at the LA Forum last week. Sounds pretty good to me, and while the kid is no Michael Anthony, does a great job on bass. Although he's still a 16 year old kid, he's obviously learned a thing or two from his dad and uncle. Just hope he doesn't learn some of his dad's um, bad habits. Here's to hoping they don't implode once again and extend the tour to Japan and make their way here!

Comment

Need to add that I d'led a bootleg of the opening show in Charlotte from last Thursday and it was so good I nearly cried. Ok, so maybe money might have something to do with this reunion, but Dave sounded great, Eddie is spectacular again, the kid does a good job on bass AND vocals, and Alex pounds away like he always has. Michael Anthony Is missing, but that's ok. I was skeptical because I figured people would be quick to say "it was great" based solely on the fact that Dave was back, but they really do sound good! Yeah, it's a nostalgia trip, as they pretty much play the entire first album, all the way up to "Jump" and Dave's departure, but man, after all these years, it's wonderful to see this finally happen again. Pleas come to Hawaii!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
        Need to add that I d'led a bootleg of the opening show in Charlotte from last Thursday and it was so good I nearly cried. Ok, so maybe money might have something to do with this reunion, but Dave sounded great, Eddie is spectacular again, the kid does a good job on bass AND vocals, and Alex pounds away like he always has. Michael Anthony Is missing, but that's ok. I was skeptical because I figured people would be quick to say "it was great" based solely on the fact that Dave was back, but they really do sound good! Yeah, it's a nostalgia trip, as they pretty much play the entire first album, all the way up to "Jump" and Dave's departure, but man, after all these years, it's wonderful to see this finally happen again. Pleas come to Hawaii!!!!
        That's great news. I can't wait to see it myself! The rehearsals already sounded (and looked) promising. I think I've begun to accept Eddie and DLR with short hair. lol
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Looks like the 2nd leg of the tour has been canceled because Eddie reportedly is having substance abuse issues again.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
            Looks like the 2nd leg of the tour has been canceled because Eddie reportedly is having substance abuse issues again.

Comment

I thought I saw him dancing by the record machine.

Comment

Sammy Hagar: David Lee Roth “Sang So Bad … It Was Embarrassing” (yahoo.com)

Go ahead and jump.

Comment

Sammy Hagar Brags About Making 6 Times the Income of David Lee Roth and Claims 'He's Not a Fun Guy' (yahoo.com)

Aint talking about love.

Comment

The 50 best Van Halen songs - the ultimate American party soundtrack (yahoo.com)

51/50

Comment

Working...
                    X