Movies you HATE that everyone else LOVES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies you HATE that everyone else LOVES

Anypart of the "Star Wars" films --- as well as "Lord of the Rings".

Couldn't tell the computer generated stuff from the real stuff -- henceforth, it is all a big cartoon! Props to the animators -- anyone else - phhhh!! Use your imagination and real people next time.

Comment

For me, it was "The Blair Witch Project." I almost threw up in my baseball cap. And it wasn't because it was sacry or grotesque or revolting ... it was because of the camera style, that amateurish, hand-held, herky-jerky technique. I couldn't believe no one else in the audience was throwing up!

Immediately after the movie, I searched the internet and discovered that there was indeed a flood of complaints about this phenomenon. It seems that anyone who had a history of motion-sickness had a BAD reaction to this movie. Yes, I have a history of motion-sickness (from reading on moving vehicles to scrolling through microfiche). I have never watched (or wanted to watch) this movie again.

Comment

Forest Gump: A grocery list of boomer nostalgia with really expensive computer effects.

Crash: It's okay to be racist because everybody's out to get you anyway.

The Lion King: Bambi for the 90's?? Excuse me, I didn't need a "Bambi for the 70's" when I was a kid. The original was just fine.
        "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Little Miss Sunshine. I just don't understand why it's touted so highly and getting awards. It struck me as forced and painful to watch rather than entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
            For me, it was the entire Lords Of The Ring trilogy.

I think this was one of the first for Hollywood in creating movies for the sole purpose of creating a sequel.
            You should blame the publisher on that. It was a super long book and they separated it into 3 books.

If it was one long movie then people would not be able to handle it. Excluding a few hundred tolkien-geeks of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              Little Miss Sunshine. I just don't understand why it's touted so highly and getting awards. It struck me as forced and painful to watch rather than entertaining.
              It was a little uneven, but Little Miss Sunshine was one of the funniest movies that I saw last year.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller555 View Post
                It was a little uneven, but Little Miss Sunshine was one of the funniest movies that I saw last year.
                hee! yup, that's why I posted it in this thread. Ok, not that I *hated* hated it but lots of people seemed to really love it and I didn't.

Comment

American Beauty.

I'm so sorry for your white suburban angst.

Comment

I liked American Beauty, Ive watched it many times, theres something about the pacing and the dialogue that attracts me.

I didnt think Little Miss Sunshine was all that great either.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Any of "The Godfather" movies. No thank you please.
                      Speak to me in quiet ways, of moonlit nights and halcyon days~

Comment

oO(hating on the Godfather?? How could that be??)

pax

Comment

The regular Blade Runner....I like the director's cut without the Harrison Ford voiceover better.
                          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                          Flickr

Comment

it's supposed to be some brilliant satire on war and i know people say it was effective commentary when it came out (around the first iraq war) and is therefore effective commentary in these times, but i HATED "starship troopers." i did not get it at all.

my mom adores warren beatty and annette benning in "love affair." she dragged my cousin and me to see it at the theater. we hated it and agreed with guilt that the only entertaining part of the movie was watching katherine hepburn's tremors.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Debwhosmiles View Post
                              Any of "The Godfather" movies. No thank you please.
                              I concur. I hate most gangster flix.

Exception for "Brother" .

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                                I concur. I hate most gangster flix.

Exception for "Brother" .
                                This Brother or this Brother?

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X