Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the most painful (physically) thing you have gone through?

[QUOTE=Keanu;131555]About 10 years ago, I had a staff infection QUOTE]

I hate when my staff gets an infection!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

[QUOTE=lavagal;131559]
      Originally posted by Keanu View Post
      About 10 years ago, I had a staff infection QUOTE]

I hate when my staff gets an infection!
      Corrected.

Comment

Keanu:
        I think staff infections are more widespread than employers are willing to admit!

You're a good sport!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          hearing the surgeon cracking the bone to remove the teeth.I'll never forget that- ever.
          I'm with you on that - I had five wisdom teeth, and that cracking resonates through your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            I'm with you on that - I had five wisdom teeth, and that cracking resonates through your head.
            FIVE wisdom teeth? Was I brainwashed all of my life into believing we only had 4? Oh wait...a very brief google search turned up this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              FIVE wisdom teeth? Was I brainwashed all of my life into believing we only had 4?
              Four is normal (one in each corner) ... I don't do "normal" very well, and had what was called a "supernumerary" (first time I ever heard the term, meaning "a useless extra" - so I guess it didn't make me any smarter. Can you use the word in your business, Sue - casting "a useless extra"?)

Comment

[...]Can you use the word in your business, Sue - casting "a useless extra"?)
                Funny you should ask! I JUST did that 'cuz of union rules so am now taking off to location to get him signed in. Was supposed to be a day off for me. Yah! Right! I'm feeling very pissy right now!

Comment

Four is normal (one in each corner) ... I don't do "normal" very well, and had what was called a "supernumerary" (first time I ever heard the term, meaning "a useless extra" - so I guess it didn't make me any smarter. Can you use the word in your business, Sue - casting "a useless extra"?)
                  When I had my four wisdoms extracted, the original plan was to do two at a time. But, while in the chair, the oral surgeon asked me if I wanted to take all of them out. I figured, "Why not?' After all, I was already there. I could hear the bone crunching as one of the wisdoms had a root that curled like a hook!

In regard to SUPERNUMERARY, I also had one floating in my palate. That was removed in another trip for oral surgery

Comment

It was about seven years ago...I found a new dentist (after six years of not having gone) after my #12 premolar chipped (painlessly). Turned out I had a deep cavity in that tooth and my #2 molar...#2 needed a root canal right away (that wasn't bad...I responded well to the anesthetic) #12 was OK for a while...until one day when I sneezed and my teeth came together hard, right on good ol' #12...

I swear, I saw stars for two or three full minutes.

And this happened on a weekend, so then I needed to call my dentist for an emergency root canal...

Well, let's just suffice to say that after four more fillings, two crowns on the root-canaled teeth, and root planing, I've kept all my dental appointments since.
                    http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Keith,
                      Keep flossing!

Thanks for revising this thread. I had to reread it. I swear to gawd, I'm wincing all the way through and thinking "why the hail am I readin' this stuff?"

thank goodness I've got yoga as I need to ease my mind into a blank state now!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Wisdoms and root canals, das wai get vicodin and T3 (tylenol with codeine). I never give the pain a chance to start.

In December 06, I been fall down. Went to buy a water cooler from a Craigslist seller in Pearlridge. Got to the townhouse and walked up 3 steps to the door, picked up the cooler and "walked" down 1 big step. Went running through the parking lot trying to keep the cooler balanced. Finally got under it after running full tilt for 2 car lengths, then I tripped. All I could think of was falling on the corner of the cooler. Cooler went down first, kabang, and I landed on it, katoosh, jamming the corner into my abdomen just below the zyphoid process.

I love my wife. She ran to me after I rolled off the thang clutching my stomach. I looked up at her face and thought what a lucky guy I was to have such an angel for a wife. She cradled my head and asked all them dang questions like where it hurts. She's a health aide, what can I say.

Ended up at Wahiawa General emergency room for 4 hours. Got diagnosed with bruised ribs (lots of them), bruised guts (thank goodness nothing lacerated), no skin on my left knee and a confirmed fatty liver from the MRI....or was it a CAT scan. Can't remember. Also had a cut over my left eye. Don't know where that came from, but every time I raise my eyebrow I feel a popping sensation like something just separated. I had pains for almost 2 months. That turned out to be one expensive water cooler.

Comment

A bit over 3 years ago.........C-section and then apparently my appendix ruptured after they closed me up as it rotted out and didnt stay closed...........14 days later the dumb asses finally went back in to *explore* to find, guess what, a burst appendix........they supposedly had to leave me open to let me heal from the inside out and so my stomach had to be tended to daily and packed and so forth.........*shudders* I wish i had the nerve to ask Dr. 90210 if he would give me a complimentary tummy tuck to erase the damage those monsters did.
                          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

K-den. I've already said the pains I've felt before. The other day I felt the Worst of All put together. First it started out in the back of my left shoulder blade. As if someone had punched me with a mighty blow! But no one was there. I took two Tylenoyls per MAMA. Then I asked my BF to massage the area. The pain subsided and I continued what I was doing.

ZAP!!! I felt a tremendous ELECTRICAL SHOCK directly in my HEART!

I took one nitroglycerin. The pain went away. Yes. I was admitted into the hospital but I left AMA(against medical advice)...but dats another story.

Yep! I stopped SMOKING...now I got Heart problems.

Wat's up with dat?

I go see my doctor dis afternoon.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              K-den. I've already said the pains I've felt before. The other day I felt the Worst of All put together. First it started out in the back of my left shoulder blade. As if someone had punched me with a mighty blow! But no one was there. I took two Tylenoyls per MAMA. Then I asked my BF to massage the area. The pain subsided and I continued what I was doing.

ZAP!!! I felt a tremendous ELECTRICAL SHOCK directly in my HEART!

I took one nitroglycerin. The pain went away. Yes. I was admitted into the hospital but I left AMA(against medical advice)...but dats another story.

Yep! I stopped SMOKING...now I got Heart problems.

Wat's up with dat?

I go see my doctor dis afternoon.

Auntie Lynn
                              ok...that some serious stuff auntie. I hope you stop smoking AND drinking. And eat healthy...

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                                ok...that some serious stuff auntie. I hope you stop smoking AND drinking. And eat healthy...
                                Mahalo PoiBoy!

I stopped SMOKING already. In fact, I stopped counting the days after the first week. It was hard but I did it! As for my drinking ~ I use to drink 7 days a week. That too has taken a dip to once to three times a month. Ok. Ok...sometimes four.heheheh

I'll stop drinking Crown Royal. However, they say drinking WINE is good foa you! I'll do what my doctor orders.

I've always been one who eats what I enjoy. Pinapaitaan, Cincochar, Na'au Pua, Tripe Stew, etc. etc. etc. Now, I gotta eat healthy if I want to LIVE. And so I will.

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X