Mahalo Honolulu Advertiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahalo Honolulu Advertiser

I've been thinking about this for a while. Hawaii is better off for having the quality paper that we do in the HNL-Ad. Love 'em or hate 'em or read 'em or don't, the fact remains that it is a buff and broad enough paper and does its part to keep info rolling along throughout the isles. I learn something new each time I open it up. I always find what I both expect and hope to find. I don't always agree with how they handle their information, but they take their cracks with resilience and they keep every other news agency on their toes.

They are the McNews of the Isles and I salute them. It would be a much more boring place if we didn't have the Honolulu Advertiser.

pax

Re: Mahalo Honolulu Advertiser

In a backhanded way, you can thank the Star-Bulletin for that! Gannett's plan, after they killed the S-B, was to reduce the staffing of the Advertiser to a skeleton crew and increase ad rates. Competition has its benefits for the public.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

And thanks again to the Honolulu Advertiser for breaking this amazing story. How many of you are going? You shouldn't have to book plane reservations, right?
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

I gave up my subscription to HA several months ago. The biggest factor was I hated the piles and piles of paper that had to be recycled. So much of the paper is simply junk advertising in which I have zero interest. For better or worse, I get most of my news via the internet. Since cancelling, I have been called at least once a week with various offers designed to entice me to subscribe again. I always tell them "I'm saving the trees" and they have yet to come up with a good answer to that even though I'm really being facetious. If one of them ever figures that out, I might re-subcribe for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
          And thanks again to the Honolulu Advertiser for breaking this amazing story. How many of you are going? You shouldn't have to book plane reservations, right?
          What the????? Slow news day? What editor did that press release get by?

Comment

Originally posted by Media Guy View Post
            What editor did that press release get by?
            Mister Spock or Captain Kirk work there now?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I liked their cover article in the food section yesterday,about local beef. The photo caption had the cattle being funneled in a "Shoot". Ah,nooooo, that
              would be "Chute". Misspelled it in the article,too. Nice editing.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                I liked their cover article in the food section yesterday,about local beef. The photo caption had the cattle being funneled in a "Shoot". Ah,nooooo, that
                would be "Chute". Misspelled it in the article,too. Nice editing.
                Um... that was the Star-Bulletin.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/03/28/f...s/story01.html

And "shoot" is spelled correctly.
                Last edited by dick; March 30, 2007, 02:26 AM. Reason: added S-B link

Comment

My mistake on the misspelling. I meant wrong word. The cattle are funneled into a chute

Comment

If anyone knows about a shoot, that would be Dick.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo lolo View Post
                      My mistake on the misspelling. I meant wrong word. The cattle are funneled into a chute
                      You might want to double check that... the contraption in question is called (or in this case, spelled) a "shoot."

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                      If anyone knows about a shoot, that would be Dick.
                      Hardee har har!! (slapping knee, and changing lenses)...

But seriously, if anyone knows about a squeeze shoot for cattle, it would be Oda, who shot the photos... He grew up an a farm/ranch...

Comment

Both spellings (chute, shoot) are correct for this piece of equipment, used interchangeably (says this former Iowan.)

Comment

Originally posted by Media Guy View Post
                          What the????? Slow news day? What editor did that press release get by?
                          All of 'em.

Comment

She lives!!! Welcome back Nancy
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                            X