Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelepona!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Cancelation Notice about the Hawaiian Lesson!

Aloha kakou,
    Due to a problem with the conference call service that occurred last night, the call will have to be rescheduled. Please email or PM achow or myself with any possible questions you may have and include some dates that might work for you to come on a lesson, and we can try to work around one of them. Mahalo nui loa!
    'Alika

Comment

Re: Hawaiian language lessons i ke kelepona!

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      I have a mana'o:

download skype onto your computer and set up a time during the week to have a "hui wala'au". Up to four people can conference in and its free. If you have a webcam, then its enriched with visual/audio, otherwise, its voice or a simple text-chat.

Pehea keia?
      He mana'o maika'i kela, but I personally feel that the phone does basically the same thing as skype. Why get a computer program that works like a phone if you've already got a phone?
      That's just what I think... e kala mai.
      'Alika

Comment

Oh yeah!

I just remembered: Please see the cancelation notice. Sorry I got that out to you all late. I got home so late last night, and I'm so lucky that I made it home safely. Be patient; we will be able to do a lesson some time soon. 'A'ole pilikia!
        'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
          He mana'o maika'i kela, but I personally feel that the phone does basically the same thing as skype. Why get a computer program that works like a phone if you've already got a phone?
          That's just what I think... e kala mai.

Because communication is through a computer and not a phone. It allows for voice chat and web-cam (if one has webcam) and skype to skype (computer to computer) is free. And not everyone has speaker phone options, or earbuds for their land line, which is an advantage for skype if one is trying to type along for note-taking, etc.

pax

Comment

Possible Dates

Would either Saturday, March 23 or Sunday, March 24 work for any of you?
            'Alika

Comment

hi,

what time?

joel

Comment

Originally posted by JAvendan View Post
                hi,

what time?

joel
                Well, whatever works for you. Which day is the better one of the two?
                'Alika

Comment

Mahalo nui loa ia 'oukou!

Aloha nui kakou!

The two of us would like to say a big mahalo to those who were fortunate enough to attend our call! We really enjoyed your company and input. Hopefully, we will see you on future ones.

Just wanted to let everyone else know that soon there will be a link up on the Internet so that you can hear bits and pieces of it recorded and learn by listening to it. For those of you who were interested but couldn't make it, we hope that you enjoy listening to our recorded version and that you may be able to come on other calls we may do in the future.

A hui hou!
                  Alika a me Alana
                  'Alika

Comment

Aloha mai! I am so glad that I was able to make it on the call on March 24th. It was a lot of fun and I am so glad I was a kumu. Mahalo nui for all your help. E malama pono. What should be on the topic next? Any ideas please feel free to PM me or email me. My email is on my profile page. Mahalo.
                    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                    X