Anna Nicole Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anna Nicole Smith is dead.

Regardless of how one felt about her personally, this was shocking and tragic. Really a pity for her family. Let us all pray.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      She insisted on being beautiful whatever her size or shape, and I always, always, always admired her for that.
      I agree with this completely.

I consider her a fine example of the self-made American dream. I could not get my students to see it this way.
      I agree with your students completely. I never saw her a fine example of the self-made American dream. For all of her efforts to control her physical appearance, her complete lack of regard for her mental and emotional appearance was too much of a disconnect. Her persona as a druggish bimbo, whether an overt caricature or her genuine soul, invited contempt.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        I agree with your students completely. I never saw her a fine example of the self-made American dream. For all of her efforts to control her physical appearance, her complete lack of regard for her mental and emotional appearance was too much of a disconnect. Her persona as a druggish bimbo, whether an overt caricature or her genuine soul, invited contempt.

Not everyone has the luxury of being well balanced and mentally stable.
        No one knows why she was that way. Maybe she could not get past other problems or maybe the media attention was too much to handle. It is obvious something bothered and tormented her tremendously.

I don't know if she was a good example but I think she was just like the rest of us screwy gals!
        Just doing the best she could with the little capability she had.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
          Not everyone has the luxury of being well balanced and mentally stable.
          No one knows why she was that way. Maybe she could not get past other problems or maybe the media attention was too much to handle. It is obvious something bothered and tormented her tremendously.

I don't know if she was a good example but I think she was just like the rest of us screwy gals!
          Just doing the best she could with the little capability she had.
          Her choices over the years consistently shown that she was far more shrewd and I never got the impression that she possessed so little capability. However, I've not lost a son, and have never been suicidal. God rest her soul and bless her daughter.
          Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; February 8, 2007, 08:26 PM. Reason: sssssoooo many sssesss...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            She insisted on being beautiful whatever her size or shape, and I always, always, always admired her for that. I consider her a fine example of the self-made American dream. I could not get my students to see it this way.
            I agree with this completely.[...]
            Whether it was Marshall's money, her groupie's money or freebies...ANS had easy access to remaining beautiful regardless of her weight. Without that kind of money and accessibility, both a result of her 'celebrity' status, ANS could insist all she wanted and not been on the receiving end of those kinds of results. Her flamboyant beauty was very costly...and easily available to her. I doubt her agents and managers would allow anything less. It was her 'signature'.

Down a different fork in the celebrity road......I remember seeing Ivana Trump interviewed after her divorce from The Donald. Her confidence and her beauty were extolled during that interview and she was told she was a wonderful example for women in the same boat. Wonderful example, my okole! Ivana had access to incredible amounts of money. She didn't have a financial care in the world nor did she have to worry about what the average single mom had to worry about. How could she relate to the average Jane and how could the average Jane relate to her?

We're constantly confronted with the 'beauty' money can buy...but it just can't buy happiness.

Comment

I remember seeing a pic of her and Marshall in People magazine when they got married; she gave him a kiss and split for Greece that same day to do a photo shoot. She was already somewhat of a celebrity prior to that marriage, because I remember already knowing who she was (and I am no repository of trivia).

Surrounding herself with an entourage of career-builders is most likely an uncontested assumption, but the fact remains that even such people cannot get in the way of those who will it to burn themselves out. ANS lasted for years in the spotlight, whether large or small. She was never without a modelling gig (Lane Bryant contracts when she was plus-sized, Trimspa in her later years), didn't fear to fight for her due (repeated legal battles as Marshall's widow), kept on the it-list for parties, charity balls and what-not (constant tabloid fodder) over the years, and unabashed at appearing unseemly and out-of-whack in front of a camera (we know the power of editing, but she had to have approved of her image or she would have fought it, no?)

She had grit and tenacity; gotta give her that. And she left the world on her terms (well, this is an assumption). Even if she was mentally unstable and overwhelmed with whatever life was throwing her way, I am glad that the woman is at rest. She will forever be memorialized in her youthful beauty, a range of sizes, her fabulous smile and wonderous silicone rack, and a daughter who will be quietly speculated upon, not unlike young Athina Onassis Roussel (Christina's daughter).

pax

Comment

[...]I am glad that the woman is at rest.[...]
                Amen...RIP, Anna.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                  She seemed so troubled. Very sad, a little bit along the lines of Marilyn Monroe, I think.

Former Smith attorney, Lenard Leeds:

"She wanted to be like Marilyn her whole life and ironically died in a similar manner," Leeds said. Monroe died of a drug overdose at age 36 in 1962.

Comment

She turned her 15 minutes into a lifetime....RIP
                    Attached Files
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

Oh give me a break--it's officially a three-ring circus.

ZsaZsa Gabor's husband claims that HE is the father of Anna Nicole's baby

That poor child.
                      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                      We're not here to mess around
                      Boston, you know we love you madly
                      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                      You know we couldn't live without you
                      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Coroner's preliminary report: no evidence of homicide or physical damage or asphyxiation. Now the world has to wait for the toxicology and tissue reports, which will take several weeks.

The sleazoid tabs are reporting that eyewitnesses on the scene reported seeing methadone, xanax, and a bunch of other drugs in the room.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I was referring to another post. Yours was, dare I say it, funny.

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                          Maybe next time I will <insert sarcasm>

I tried to hold in my jokes..... I had tons but tried to be respectful of peoples opinions of her. So I opted for a little sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                            Coroner's preliminary report: no evidence of homicide or physical damage or asphyxiation. Now the world has to wait for the toxicology and tissue reports, which will take several weeks.

The sleazoid tabs are reporting that eyewitnesses on the scene reported seeing methadone, xanax, and a bunch of other drugs in the room.

Miulang
                            "DANIA BEACH, Fla. — Prescription drugs were found in Anna Nicole Smith's hotel room, but there were no pills in her stomach, and investigators said today they are awaiting toxicological tests that would tell whether the former centerfold died of a drug overdose, as some of those close to her suspect."
                            http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...241580937.html

She died of a broken heart.

Just my opinion.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                              Oh give me a break--it's officially a three-ring circus.

ZsaZsa Gabor's husband claims that HE is the father of Anna Nicole's baby

That poor child.
                              With all due respect to the deceased, it's been a 3 ring circus since she married Marshall. It's now on the scale of the Ringling Bros. meet the Coney Island Circus Sideshow!

Last night on the news another man claimed that ANS asked him if she could list him as the father on the baby's birth certificate. He said he'd had an affair with her but was not the father so he said no to her request. I wasn't paying enough attention to the TV to even know what station it was on!

The freak show has just begun, I'm 'fraid!

"Ladies and gentlemen, step right up..."

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                The freak show has just begun, I'm 'fraid!
                                Oh, I'm sure it's going to get worse. Keep in mind that whoever the father is will end up controlling a very substantial amount of money until the kid turns 18 - all that money she inherited from that oil tycoon (at least what's left after the courts settle it.)

Comment

Working...
                                X