Treo 700wx or Moto Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Treo 700wx or Moto Q

I finally figured how to use the voice dialing on my 700wx. And to make it more easier I assigned the left side button as the hot key for the voice dialing option and I am absolutely delighted with it.

One thing I cannot do is to allow mine to play MP3's. I downloaded some MP3 music thru Active Sync. On my computer I go to the Treo's My documents folder and transfer MP3 music in there, but when I sync to the Treo, the MP3 files don't show up. It will show some WAV files though.

One WAV file I have is the old AOL, "You've Got Mail" voice and I use that one for incoming mail and voice mail.

As for cases I use one from Just Wireless. It's a suede holster case from Office Max for $20.

Here's a nice link for some great leather wraps for the Treo 700wx: http://www.cases.com/tr700.htm

One question: I've seen those SD WiFi cards for PDA's. I've noticed on my 700wx when you go: Start/settings then on the lower tabs you hit "connections", there is the Network Cards Icon. Hitting that one brings up the option for a Wi-Fi SDIO Card.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I do know there are SD Wi-Fi cards out there. Can you simply stick one of these in the SD-card slot on the Treo and allow you to access the internet thru any Wi-Fi hot spot? If so how does one log on using the IE icon without accidently using the data access that is tied to the cell phone's minutes?
    Last edited by craigwatanabe; April 3, 2007, 12:00 AM.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      One thing I cannot do is to allow mine to play MP3's. I downloaded some MP3 music thru Active Sync. On my computer I go to the Treo's My documents folder and transfer MP3 music in there, but when I sync to the Treo, the MP3 files don't show up. It will show some WAV files though.
      I uploaded my MP3s using my Windows Media Player. I selected the songs out of my library and then copied it to the Portable Device option on the menu while hooked up to Active Sync. My MP3s play just fine on my Treo's Windows Media Player.

As far as your other questions go -- I have no clue, but I'm sure I'll be referencing this post against once I move on to SD cards. For now I'm just taking baby steps.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

How wonderful that a thread already exists about the very question that I have.

Today, May 9, marks the last day of my contract period with Verizon Wireless, which means I am eligible for a discounted upgrade of my phone -- or the freedom to defect to another wireless company, if I desire.

I have been wanting to obtain a phone (smartphone or otherwise) that gives me the capability to read/write e-mail (Yahoo and Gmail) and post entries with photos/videos to my blog from my wireless phone.

I know Ryan has been doing this from his Treo since forever, but I'd like to know if there's anyone else who has been doing the same -- using a Treo, Q, or otherwise.

Does anyone own an LG enV? Any thoughts on that -- and would it be capable of some e-mail lovin' and mobloggin'?

Another sidenote, is that I don't really want to spend an arm and a leg (more than $300) on this device, so...

...any advice would be appreciated!

Comment

A resurrected thread indeed.

I have had the HPiPaq1315, and a T-Mobile MDA. Smart phones, ftw. For those gadget lovers on the go, smart phones are brilliant!

I currently use a samsung t219 and a Hp iPaq5450 with a VoiOp surfer allowing free wi-fi calls and internet access when in a hot spot.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

I still love my Q even if Sprint's pic messaging doesn't work with it. I got the chance to toy around with my mom's Blackjack a couple of weeks ago. Very slick little phone. As far as mine goes, i buzz around all sorts of internet sites regularly with it. It's SOOO handy
            -kp!

Comment

It's been about a month since I got the 700wx and so far no major problems, with the exception of my ActiveSync headache. It wasn't sync-ing properly, but I dismissed it because while my home computer's not the most reliable (time to get a new one), it works just fine at work -- and that's one of the main reasons why I got this one...for work.

One thing that's been bugging me has been that gwes.exe error message I get from time to time when accessing certain webpages, namely my MySpace inbox. They have a "send error report" option, but that doesn't fix anything! If anyone knows how to correct this problem, please let me know! It doesn't happen to often, but it's annoying nonetheless. I've tried to do searches online for the subject, but so far, nothing.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Donna, I think it may be relevent to mention that your computer platform is a Mac. That complicates things when it comes to data and media syncing.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Treo 700p (the PalmOS version of the Treo -- high marks for Mac compatibility. The main reason, though, was that it's an awesome phone that I use for everything, from e-mail to SMS to posting blog entries, photos, and videos online. As the Treo line slowly dies off, I am certain it will linger historically as one of the best smartphones ever.

Of course, the folks at Markspace make Mac OSX sync software for several phone models. So you could just look at the list and factor them into your phone shopping.

From what I've read, the LG enV is pretty good... does it fit your budget? The Q is nice, too, but it's Windows. I don't want to carry Windows on my person if I don't have to. You can catch up with Scrivener's posts about the Blackjack, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Ryan, thanks for the tip! I didn't even think about the compatibility issues with my Mac. I'll see if Verizon has the Palm Treo 700p. It sounds like the perfect solution.

Unfortunately, buying it through eBay looks out of my price range ($380-$400+), so I hope Verizon still carries that model and can give it to me at a price cheaper than on eBay.

If not, I may have to opt for the less-capable, but cheaper LG enV. Not quite a smartphone, but hopefully close enough for my needs.

Mahalo!

Comment

Working...
                  X