"Dancing with the Stars" on ABC - Season 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Dancing with the Stars" on ABC - Season 4

Did I hear correctly, during the previous week, an announcement that DWTS's next season will begin this fall? If so, I guess the producers are capitalizing on success!!! And, I'll hazard a guess that some "A list" stars might be knocking on the show's door.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Did I hear correctly, during the previous week, an announcement that DWTS's next season will begin this fall? If so, I guess the producers are capitalizing on success!!! And, I'll hazard a guess that some "A list" stars might be knocking on the show's door.
      Didn't Emmit Smith won his god-awful trophy in the previous Fall DWTS? I mean it wasn't that too long ago.

Now if ABC could just dump the Bachelor...
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        Didn't Emmit Smith won his god-awful trophy in the previous Fall DWTS? I mean it wasn't that too long ago.

Now if ABC could just dump the Bachelor...
        I don't remember how long ago Emmit won. Now that I think about it I think Tom Bergeron said that we won't have to wait so long for the next DWTS, without mentioning when it might be.

As for The Bachelor...<blech>!!! Must admit I did watch the final coupla weeks to see how they featured Hawaii. Still, the premise of the show kinda turns my stomach. So far there's been no substantial relationship come out of that series. Give it up already!

Comment

• Re: &quot;Dancing with the Stars&quot; on ABC - Season 4

I don't remember how long ago Emmit won. Now that I think about it I think Tom Bergeron said that we won't have to wait so long for the next DWTS, without mentioning when it might be.

As for The Bachelor...<blech>!!! Must admit I did watch the final coupla weeks to see how they featured Hawaii. Still, the premise of the show kinda turns my stomach. So far there's been no substantial relationship come out of that series. Give it up already!
          Emmit Smith & Cheryl won last season's trophy. Although I voted for Laila each time, I wasn't disappointed in Apollo's win, but of the 2 guys left I have to say I liked Joey better. Apollo's dancing was the best "technically", but he didn't seem like he was having fun with it.

As for the Bachelor - they had a recap show on just before DWTS which I will admit to watching, just so I wouldn't miss the beginning of the show. On the recap, they did say that 2 of the past bachelors are still with the woman they picked & one of them will finally be getting married later this year. Also, if you count the Bachelorette series - Trista & Ryan have been married for 4 years now & are expecting their first child. So, there have been a few successful pairings. and this new couple are so cute - they are just ga-ga over each other. We'll just have to wait & see if it works out. I guess I always just hope for the romance to last - I'm just an old romantic myself. I don't watch the series anymore because most of the women are so shallow they embarass all of the rest of us but once in a while there seems to be one who comes across as genuine. But, she is usually the one who doesn't get chosen - probably because she is smart & her boobs aren't big enough
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            Emmit Smith & Cheryl won last season's trophy. Although I voted for Laila each time, I wasn't disappointed in Apollo's win, but of the 2 guys left I have to say I liked Joey better. Apollo's dancing was the best "technically", but he didn't seem like he was having fun with it.
            I loved Joey's performances; the boy band showmanship came out each week! But he was technically inferior to Apolo, who trained like an athlete but who didn't have the same performance experience as Joey. Ballroom dancing technique is key followed closely by performance level. The charisma between Apolo and Julianne is what, I feel, pushed them to the top. I think Apolo looked like he was having fun but he couldn't match Joey's experience and comfort on stage.
            As for the Bachelor - they had a recap show on just before DWTS which I will admit to watching, just so I wouldn't miss the beginning of the show. On the recap, they did say that 2 of the past bachelors are still with the woman they picked & one of them will finally be getting married later this year. Also, if you count the Bachelorette series - Trista & Ryan have been married for 4 years now & are expecting their first child. So, there have been a few successful pairings. and this new couple are so cute - they are just ga-ga over each other. We'll just have to wait & see if it works out. I guess I always just hope for the romance to last - I'm just an old romantic myself. I don't watch the series anymore because most of the women are so shallow they embarass all of the rest of us but once in a while there seems to be one who comes across as genuine. But, she is usually the one who doesn't get chosen - probably because she is smart & her boobs aren't big enough
            Bwaha! So true! Interesting that 2 of the matches still continue. My news source was wrong! Must admit, I don't follow the outcome of the show but had recently read that there had been no successful pairings. Personally, I wasn't counting The Bachelorette series which I think no longer exists...or does it. Wasn't Trista one, if not the first, voted off DWTS a season or 3 ago?! How's that for getting back on topic?!!!

Comment

Wasn't Trista one, if not the first, voted off DWTS a season or 3 ago?! How's that for getting back on topic?!!!
              She was voted off first on the very first season of DWTS.

Kenny Mayne was voted off first on the second season.

Tucker Carlson was voted off first on the third season.

Paulina Porizkova was voted off first on the fourth season.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
              X