Back from Florida Golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Florida Golf

It's cold! Brrr! Wish I didn't have to leave Florida but had to return to MA and home!

The flight to Florida was uneventful. My husband and I flew AirTran out of Boston at 6:15am to Maryland, then onto Orlando, FL. I should've asked ahead; they served beverages and 2 small packages of [2 inch long] biscuits on the Boston to Maryland leg, and then beverages and 3 small packages of biscuits on the Maryland to Florida leg. Needless to say, these measly little biscuits weren't cutting it and I was starving when we landed!

We landed in Orlando and our golfing friends were at the airport to pick us up. We grabbed a quick lunch then headed out to Stoneybrook West Golf Club then onto dinner afterwards.

The next 6 days we spent golfing at courses such as Diamond Back Golf Course, Harmony Golf Preserve, Mission Inn Resort & Club (El Campeon), Celebration Golf Club, Hawk's Landing Golf Club, Red Tail Golf Club and our final golf day was spent at Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club. A couple of mornings our tees times were postponed due to frost but it didn't stop us from enjoying the mild temps and sunshine the rest of the time.

7 days is a lot of golf but I did manage to get some shopping in there! *LOL* As a matter of fact, I found Hilo Hatties at the Festival Bay Shopping Mall in Orlando. I caught yet another cold again and am just starting to feel better. It seems that every time I travel I get sick. As one friend put it, I'm around a lot of germs! *L*

While we were on the golf course our daughter phoned to tell us that they were experiencing another Nor'easter. We forgot to buy a snow blower before we left and she and her fiance had to hand-shovel the driveway!

It is good to be home even if it is cold here!

Lovena
Working...
X