X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hate Crime?

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...#uslPageReturn

So, now this story is getting national attention with this article in USA Today. Many interesting (and some ignorant) comments have already been added to the end of the story.
    Because of that article ,today my wife was told be a hawaiian coworker to go back to the mainland. You still think racial tensions don't occur in Hawaii. She was told "why do you have to come here and take OUR land" and other no class racial slurs. BTW, this happened in a STATE office. Aloha Spirit.....auwe!
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

You people act like they dressed up in white sheets and went out hunting haole like your country men did to many blacks.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
        Because of that article ,today my wife was told be a hawaiian coworker to go back to the mainland. You still think racial tensions don't occur in Hawaii. She was told "why do you have to come here and take OUR land" and other no class racial slurs. BTW, this happened in a STATE office. Aloha Spirit.....auwe!
        Welcome to the real world

Comment

Originally posted by mungbeansoup View Post
          Welcome to the real world
          No brah...Welcome to da REAL Hawaii ....
          Last edited by alohabear; March 7, 2007, 05:47 PM.

Flickr

Comment

Dummies like this guy "The Amazing Racist" making fun of people of other races. Only on the mainland. Like it was quoted before, They need to clean up their own act on the mainland before calling Hawaiians racist.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/163402/amazing_racist/

http://www.starterupsteve.com/video/...ist-asian.html

http://www.purple-twinkie.com/Amazin...st-Mexican.asp

http://www.purple-twinkie.com/Amazin...canOranges.asp

http://www.purple-twinkie.com/Amazin...ist-Mosque.asp

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
              You people act like they dressed up in white sheets and went out hunting haole like your country men did to many blacks.
              Nah, more like Hilter's Army committing genocide during WWII against the Jewish people. Auschwitz!

Comment

BTW, this happened in a STATE office. Aloha Spirit.....auwe!
                I hear so many people harping on the phrase "the Aloha Spirit", like somehow they've been mislead and deceived by Hawaiians and Islanders. I'll defer to someone who may me more knowledgeble than I on the history of the phrase but wasn't that term created by the powers that be in the visitor industry as a catch phrase to market our islands? If that is the case than shouldn't complaints be directed at those people instead of at us? That particular phrase has exploited and betrayed the very people that it is attributed to.

Comment

There really was a time when there was an Aloha spirit, but eventually that knife in the back gets a bit too painful to bear and you say, F*ck Aloha spirit and take your friggin knife too!

I don't blame a race for being a bit upset after their lands were taken away and had to live as second-rate people on the very land that was once there's and is now part of a nation that took it away.

BUT if you're gonna lash out at a race that did your ancestors in, target those descendants that are still alive and have made no instrides into healing the mistakes of THEIR generations of past.

In other words don't give the rest of the world good reason to believe your race is a vicious one. In this case this incident was gasoline on an inferno...it didn't help the cause.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

No brah...Welcome to da REAL Hawaii ....

Are you Local? Anti-Haole sentiment in Hawai'i isn't anything new. It's been around for generations.

And like I said earlier...people will forget about this by this weekend. USA Today, for some reason, like to put a Hawai'i article in their paper every month or so.

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs when we justify and excuse bad behavior on the one hand because of bad behavior on the other. That perspective reduces us to mere reactionaries rather than sentient beings who have the opportunity to make choices which might move us beyond the hurts, pains and injusitices of the past towards a better today and tomorrow. Yes, I'm a cynical idealist.

Comment

The Advertiser is a direct news feed to USAToday.

Violence and warfare was a regular event in ancient Hawaii. Nothing new.

As for news, would we really believe in a Hawaii where assaults on citizens by "locals," whatever the excuse, is so commonplace it no longer creates a headline? This particular assault was so egregious that it was unusual. That made it news.
                        Last edited by buzz1941; March 7, 2007, 09:23 PM.
                        Burl Burlingame
                        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by mungbeansoup View Post
                          Since when do non-Whites (in this case Locals) have to be "better than" Whites? The day I'll care about what happens to Whites in Hawaii is the day Whites will dismantle institutional racisim and somehow atone for all the historical atrocities they inflicted on non-whites. As if that will happen.
                          Ascribing traits and motivations to individuals based on suppositions about entire ethnic groups is the essence of racism.
                          Burl Burlingame
                          "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                          honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                            Ascribing traits and motivations to individuals based on suppositions about entire ethnic groups is the essence of racism.

Oh please. What a trite comment. That's the kind of statement Whites make when they want to avoid an unpleasant topic, ie "it is a 'fallacy' to blame individuals for the behavior of a group of people" blah blah.

The reality is that, responsible or not on an individual level, as a group Whites have committed their share of atrocities throughout the world and directly benefit from said atrocities simply on the basis of their race.

Comment

My feelings are if the Kanaka Maoli ignorants are going to tell the haoles "go back to the mainland" , why not yell at all of us and tell me "go back to Japan or the Philippines. The thing that sounds so stupid to me is that if a haole went back to where they came from years ago MANY of these part Hawaiians wouldn't even exist(with last names like Trask for example)....can't we all get along?

My wife was told these statements of hate because of the color of her skin, plain and simple. Hell ....we don't even own land and the ignorant tells her "give us back our land" . Tell that to the other races like the Portuguese or Japanese and you'll see a real NEWS story.
                              Last edited by alohabear; March 8, 2007, 04:40 AM.

Flickr

Comment

My feelings are if the Kanaka Maoli ignorants are going to tell the haoles "go back to the mainland" , why not yell at all of us and tell me "go back to Japan or the Philippines.
                                Hey Alohabear...Go back to Japan!

Comment

Working...
                                X