Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I Wrong To Feel This Way?

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
    Google doesn't tell all auntie. Please don't quote google when it comes to Polynesian History.

Polynesian invented surfing. Tahitians, Maori, Moriori, Samoans, & Tongans all have have surfed. It's in the oral history of the people.
    My Bad. I'll stay outta dis one den.

Carry on.

Auntie Lynn dee google Queen!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

In a way Hawaiians did invent surfing...because it was(from what I read) a part of their culture. It wasn't a part of any other islands culture. The other islands had some random dude on a wood board and occasionally he stood up. It wasn't common in the other islands.

So the Hawaiians did invent surfing.
      Last edited by PoiBoy; February 27, 2007, 08:35 AM.

Comment

In a way Hawaiians did invent surfing...because it was(from what I read) a part of their culture. It wasn't a part of any other islands culture.
        And the Hawaiians stood up. Btw Capt. Cook navigated more oceans and logged more sea miles than any Polynesian ever had.
        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
          Btw Capt. Cook navigated more oceans and logged more sea miles than any Polynesian ever had.
          and he made a great bowl of Lono stew for Valentine's Feast.

pax

Comment

And the Hawaiians stood up.
            So did the other Polynesians.

Btw Capt. Cook navigated more oceans and logged more sea miles than any Polynesian ever had.

Polynesians were sailing half way across the world before cooks birth even had potential.
            Polynesian interisland connections went on for thousands of years. Polynesians didn't just land on one island then stay there. It was common for them to sail back and forth between islands. There is even evidence that we sailed to the Americas.

btw. capt. cook got cooked.

Good one sinjin.

Comment

In a way Hawaiians did invent surfing...because it was(from what I read) a part of their culture. It wasn't a part of any other islands culture. The other islands had some random dude on a wood board and occasionally he stood up. It wasn't common in the other islands.

So the Hawaiians did invent surfing.
              Make up your mind PoiBoy!!!!HAHAHAH

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              So did the other Polynesians.

btw. capt. cook got cooked.

Good one sinjin.
              k-DEN. I have to go in front of the Finance Committee dis morning @ dee State Capitol. I hope to God this thread and your comments do not pop into my mind wen I start giving my testimony! Or else I going be laughing my silly ARSE off and dey not going take me serious!

Auntie Pupule
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                I know, I know, the other white meat. Haoles don't get the same laughs when they make cannibal jokes.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Comment

Polynesians were sailing half way across the world before cooks birth even had potential.
                  I'm taking nothing away from them. Impressive but limited to the Pacific.
                  Polynesian interisland connections went on for thousands of years.
                  Probably something less than 2000 years according to sources I've read. Again, still impressive given the technology.
                  Polynesians didn't just land on one island then stay there. It was common for them to sail back and forth between islands. There is even evidence that we sailed to the Americas.
                  You say "we" like you've done it yourself. I wish more Polynesians took to the big blue these days. You can learn a lot about yourself out there.

Comment

I'm taking nothing away from them. Impressive but limited to the Pacific.
                    Probably something less than 2000 years according to sources I've read. Again, still impressive given the technology.
                    You say "we" like you've done it yourself.
                    Sinjin, you really shouldn't speak about something you know very little about.(Polynesian History)
                    Are these "sources" you've read the same sources that said Hawaiians invented surfing?

You say "we" like you've done it yourself.
                    Individualism does not exist in Polynesian society.

I wish more Polynesians took to the big blue these days. You can learn a lot about yourself out there.
                    They still do. Do you think that people who lived off and in the ocean for thousands of years need your 1cent?

Good one sinjin.
                    Last edited by PoiBoy; February 27, 2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Sinjin, you really shouldn't speak about something you know very little about.(Polynesian History)
                      Why you gotta do me like that? You know very little about me yet you're popping off.
                      Are these "sources" you've read the same sources that said Hawaiians invented surfing?
                      No. First accounts of surfing(standing) in Hawaii come from Lieutenant James King, First Lieutenant of the Discovery. Previous accounts in Tahiti describe "surfers" as laying on the board.
                      Individualism does not exist in Polynesian society.
                      Interesting assertion.
                      They still do. Do you think that people who lived off and in the ocean for thousands of years need your 1cent?
                      My what? My opinion? Need? No. I've just done what most of them haven't.

Comment

First accounts of surfing(standing) in Hawaii come from Lieutenant James King, First Lieutenant of the Discovery. Previous accounts in Tahiti describe "surfers" as laying on the board.
                        accounts. accounts. accounts. whos accounts? Not the Polynesians.
                        You spouting off haole version of history.

Comment

accounts. accounts. accounts. whos accounts? Not the Polynesians.
                          You spouting off haole version of history.
                          Yes, I am aware of that. It's all I have. If you have something else I'm here to learn. Can we please just talk like two men with more that connects us than separates us?

Comment

Working...
                          X