Bridge to Terabithia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge to Terabithia

When I first saw the link for the trailer on apple.com, I was excited as I remembered reading the book when I was in the 5th grade. After viewing the trailer, I thought I didnt remember the correct book as the trailer looked like another Narnia flick.
    I saw this last weekend and a cloes adaptation of the book. Its a great movie, and well, lets just say that when I read it, it was the first book I read that made me cry.
    Just beware that it isnt a Narnia copy, the fantasy scenes take us less then 10 minutes of the movie.
    4.5/5 stars (half a star less for the misleading trailer)
    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Re: Bridge to Terabithia

When I read this, it was only the third book that had ever made me cry (and I was twenty-one). It is a great, great novel. I am reading it aloud to my juniors and seniors because it offends me that none of them has ever read it. I'm trying to get through it quickly so we can go see the film together.

All the reviewers say that the commercials and trailers are nothing at all like the film. You should probably know, too, if you're planning to take kids, that the film involves a tragedy (someone dies).

Kevin Smith and Richard Roeper agreed that this was a very good film. I'm looking forward to it!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I will be a sobbing mess then. I cry more than most during sad movies and stay sobbing for an hour after. I have never read the book. Would you recommend reading the book before seeing the movie as to appreciate how closely it follows the book?
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I would totally recommend reading the book first. It's a quick read, and it will ultimately be much more precious to you than a movie could be.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          I would totally recommend reading the book first. It's a quick read, and it will ultimately be much more precious to you than a movie could be.
          I liked that actress, shes gonna grow up to be really hawt.
          btw, dont go to imdb and look her up and read the forums about her, theres alot of pervs there.

scriv, what were the other 2 if i may ask?
          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
            We saw this last night. The book must be a quick read because the movie went by pretty quick. So quick that at the end my wife was laughing because I had this mouth open look of "Huh? Is that it?". Someone told me that if I liked the movie Big Fish I would like this one. I dunno I was kinda expecting more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              scriv, what were the other 2 if i may ask?
              One was Lloyd Alexander's The High King. I can't remember the other, but it wasn't nearly as worthy. It might have been one of the Black Stallion books.
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The movie was filmed in New Zealand (like LOTR & Narnia) and they used a lot of locals as extras. The country school really did bring back memories for me.

I hadn't read the book and was quite shocked when the twist in the movie came. I cried too (I always do!)

I have bought the book for my 8 & 9 year olds who are taking turns reading it.

I recommended the movie to everyone I know who has children... and even those who don't.
                Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Never read the book and took the family after only seeing the trailers. After it was over, I looked at my wife and asked, "Wot da heck wuz dat?". The whole thang went over our 6 yr. old daughters head. Never had a clue what was going on. I was so totally expecting lots of neat characters, I missed the moment. Oh well, our Mel liked the closing tune. Hannah Montana! Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                  X