Whole wheat Krispy Kremes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole wheat Krispy Kremes?

This is positively UNAmerican! Krispy Kreme has rolled out a whole wheat, caramel-glazed donut that's 20 calories less than a regular glazed! Wonder if it's still a puffy pillow of nothingness? Hmmm...this may require a "field trip" to the KK up the street to do a taste test...

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Whole wheat Krispy Kremes?

Originally posted by LikaNui
    Perhaps you haven't been to Hawai`i for a while, but we actually do have dozens of sources of news here, and most of us in Hawai`i can and do read and/or watch the news. I've already seen this story in at least half a dozen sources before seeing it here on HT. Thanks anyway.
    Perhaps you fail to realize the purpose of a message forum.
    *hint hint* People post topics to open discussions.

btw... make sure you post more updates on all the petty crime in Hawai'i.

Comment

Blech.

Hey, would ya mind taking my salad, dipping it in beer-batter, and deep-frying it for me? Sure - drizzle some o' that caramel sauce on there as well...and add some chocolate jimmies, while you're at it.

Yeah, honey - I'm eating healthy; I'm having a "salad!"

Comment

LOL at the 20 calories less. TWENTY calories less.

that's, like... two sticks of gum.
        life is ok sometimes

Comment

Sort of like when I drove by a Motel 6 that had a sign in the window that said "New & Improved." I thought, "well, I suppose that's better marketing than saying 'Now with 30% fewer rats!'"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            .... 'Now with 30% fewer rats!'"
            Ooh, speaking of rats.... Didja catch the video of the Taco Bell/KFC ratfest in NYC last week? Sounds like it was a tossup between them and the media as to who had the biggest feeding frenzy!

http://video.wnbc.com/player/?id=64901

Sorry, back on topic. Lower-calorie Krispy Kremes are just wrong!! So much so you've convinced me to go down there myself and show my support for the traditional ones!

Oh, please let there never be a rat scare at Krispy Kreme...

Comment

Originally posted by NoCal Boy View Post
              Oh, please let there never be a rat scare at Krispy Kreme...
              Only in their management, NCB, only in their management...

Comment

I bet that WW KK looks and tastes like a full-on glazed one. You know how bread manufacturers now make whole wheat "white" bread that looks at tastes just like regular ole fluffy Wonderbread but has more fiber in it? (Sara Lee is the company that comes to mind)? Bet KK uses that same flour. They may have taken the transfat out of this donut too (heresy, I say).

Flour millers and wheat growers were so concerned about the low carb craze (which was also the beginning of the downfall of KK) that the industry came up with a whole report on new ways to use wheat and its by-products.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

i wonder how this will effect the taste of the Lutherburger ?
                  Attached Files
                  Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                  Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                    i wonder how this will effect the taste of the Lutherburger ?
                    It'll be at least 20 calories lighter! (the WW KK is supposedly 20 calories less than the regular glazed).

Miulang

Comment

A healthy Lutherburger: Veggieburger, Soy Bacon, and Cheese on a Whole Wheat Krispy Kreme Doughnut
                      Attached Files
                      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                        A healthy Lutherburger: Veggieburger, Soy Bacon, and Cheese on a Whole Wheat Krispy Kreme Doughnut
                        a/k/a, "a sign of the Apocalypse."

Where are those damn "entire-meal-in-a-pill" tablets they promised us 50 years ago? I'd rather have one of those over this abomination.

Comment

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...bies/23904513/

What would Homer Price say?

Comment

Krispy Kreme giving free green doughnuts to select customers for 2 days only | NewsNation (newsnationnow.com)

It's not easy eating green.

Comment

Working...
                            X