• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you believe?

Have A Blessed Day!!!

Jesus
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by CranBeree View Post
      i won't bother to click on the link you provided, because i really don't care. my faith my MY faith and it something i choose to believe in. if you choose to have your own faith then you're entitled to that also. end of story.
      My position is a "faith" like bald is a hair style.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Well to sum it up, there are those who want to believe, and there are those that don't.

If there is an after life, God will sort everyone out and send them to their respective places.

If there isn't an after life, who cares.

LIke I said in an earlier post, I'd rather prepare for the worst case scenerio.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

neba mind.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sinjin, if I personally knew the so-called "believers" that shouted at your and/or your kids, I wouldn't ask them to not do so, I would tell them to knock off the mean and phoney-baloney stuff!

Sadly, there are many phoney believers, well their belief may be real but their walk with a living Holy Ghost is often as phoney as many designer handbags. We sincere folks that seek what we believe in can't be held responsible for "them." We can, however speak not so softly to them if and when we encounter their antics.

As a believer in christ, I don't even tell the average person, but wait for it to come up in some proper context. The reason is that I am one PITIFUL example of what a true christian is, and will be. If someone can't tell that I am, then why tell them? I am then mostly likely just a wannabe, However, yes when asked I'll answer, like on this thread.

I have zero doubt the bible I occasionally read is true, but sadly...."we believers" have turned hundreds of millions of people off to it.

To sum up my thoughts at this time, Christ is who He claimed, etc, so please don't blame Him and His story because so many of we humans make HIM look bad, phoney and like a waste of time.

Phoney christians do great damage to what is true.
            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I left organized religion the moment I heard that Jimmy Swaggart got caught with his pants down. Nowadays, I guess you could say that I'm an agnostic with strong Pagan leanings.

Comment

Originally posted by StephS View Post
                I left organized religion the moment I heard that Jimmy Swaggart got caught with his pants down. Nowadays, I guess you could say that I'm an agnostic with strong Pagan leanings.
                I wouldn't let one man turn you off to a belief. I mean there are a lot of sports figures out there doing bad things but that doesn't turn you off to the sport right?

I'm not an organized religious person myself...used to be as a trustee of Waiokeola Congregational Church in Kahala years ago, but I realized that religion like anything is a personal belief and should be kept so. No one can tell me how to listen to Christ. That relationship is personal and as much as one can criticize my lack of fellowship, I know in my heart that the Lord is with me...no doubt.

For those who chose to be athiest, hey I got no problem with that, more room for me upstairs. But if I knew of a great place to hang out, I wouldn't be a friend on HT by not telling everybody about it right?

I can tell you about this "heavenly" place, but it's still your choice to see it or not, but at least you heard about it from a friend on HT.

Comment

Mahatma Gandhi said: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians..."
                  “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                  http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

its the faithful, not the faith, that's a turn-off
                    -some rockstar dude (I think)

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      its the faithful, not the faith, that's a turn-off
                      -some rockstar dude (I think)
                      I tend to believe it's the extremist that give Christianity a bad name. Just like those in any belief or desire.

Comment

Sinjin, good Ghandi quote. amen~

Craig, you got it. This walk with Christ is the absolute most personal thing in the world. It is something that has to be done solo. He sure is with you, right in your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                          My position is a "faith" like bald is a hair style.

and your point is what exactly? oh..umm wait let me just end it here..

thats very nice sinjin.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            I wouldn't let one man turn you off to a belief. I mean there are a lot of sports figures out there doing bad things but that doesn't turn you off to the sport right?

I'm not an organized religious person myself...used to be as a trustee of Waiokeola Congregational Church in Kahala years ago, but I realized that religion like anything is a personal belief and should be kept so. No one can tell me how to listen to Christ. That relationship is personal and as much as one can criticize my lack of fellowship, I know in my heart that the Lord is with me...no doubt.

For those who chose to be athiest, hey I got no problem with that, more room for me upstairs. But if I knew of a great place to hang out, I wouldn't be a friend on HT by not telling everybody about it right?

I can tell you about this "heavenly" place, but it's still your choice to see it or not, but at least you heard about it from a friend on HT.
                            Don't get me wrong, my friend. I haven't completely given up on the Man upstairs; I just think the whole "organized" part of religion is a load of codswallop. The agnostic label was hung on me by a co-worker, and for lack of a better descriptive term, I used it here. The "strong Pagan leanings" description is what I use to describe my deep respect for nature in all its manifestations as well as the fact that I like to celebrate Samhain. Weird, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
                              I would only request that you ask your fellow believers not to "SHOUT" at me or my children.
                              Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              I also believe in 'NOT' shoving my beliefs unto anyone.
                              Originally posted by greentara View Post
                              Religion is extremely personal
                              Originally posted by Karen View Post
                              if I personally knew the so-called "believers" that shouted at your and/or your kids, I wouldn't ask them to not do so, I would tell them to knock off the mean and phoney-baloney stuff!
                              Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              I realized that religion like anything is a personal belief and should be kept so.
                              Nice to see that there really is a lot of agreement among different religious perspectives. That's why I respect so many of the devoutly Christian contributors to HT, and (as stated earlier) do not feel that they are wrong or foolish or stupid for their faith, even though I do not share it.

The circumstances of their lives have led them to the beliefs that they carry in their hearts, just as my life's experiences have led me to mine. As long as we are okay with that, we have no problem.

Here's a piece I toss out for discussion, from the Greek philosopher Epicurus, regarding God and the existence of evil in the world:
                              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                              Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                              Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                              Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Comment

Steph, I respect and even dig that you've removed and distanced yourself from the "organized" part of it. I did, too and have never regretted it, and our daughters soon turn 20 and 23, and I see that for them I did the right thing in not ever taking them to a church service against their wills. (one of them requested it, and we never went back, cuz that clingy thing started, of wanting to do a home visitation immediately and at seven PM! good grief)

I do admit the bible gives instruction as to how to orderly hold services and that can be misconstrued to imply that organized worship is necessary, but same bible also said, and all of this written in antiquity....that the day was coming that man would no longer worship in a particular place....and now, thousands of years later, I am convinced that day did arrive. Same bible says the body is "the temple." Hmmm...not a temple just in case one is away from church, but 'the' temple. Yep, I agree.

Seems ten humans can hardly agree well on anything, hence "organized" worship was bound to become a mess with such a huge population in modern times. I'll hush now but I've got many more valid reasons for avoiding organized worship, than I can think of to attend ever again.

Every poster here rocks for discussing this in the way we have. I'm beyond impressed cuz dang, I have seen some flaming wars over this subject at other websites over the years.

huggz~

Comment

Working...
                                X