Overrated: John Dominis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overrated: John Dominis

Lavagal, John Dominis has changed a lot since the early days. I think it's lost some of it's edge.

To me a good meal should fill you up and not empty your wallet. I like homestyle cooking and love a full plate, not some Frenchy small portions they like to call art on a plate.

There was a time in the 80's when I was one of the few people who had the REAL American Express Platinum card. And with that fantastic restaurant reservations and food abounded, but that was then. For places like John Dominis, it's not the food but more the presentation. You want good food come to my place for the best steak.

Thanks PJ and Pua'i, your jousting makes for an interesting time on this board. You sure you two aren't married?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      I tend to make my appearances every Monday (with Holunape...)
      Tell Kekoa that a lot of Seattle folks send their aloha. He made a great impression while he was here, and Holunape's successes have been talk-of-the-town.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Tell Kekoa that a lot of Seattle folks send their aloha. He made a great impression while he was here, and Holunape's successes have been talk-of-the-town.
        I most definitely will when I see him Monday.

What's cool is that they started playing at Aku Bone over a year ago and even though they've got those Hoku Awards and played bigger venues with top billing, they've always remained loyal to the bar -- and that just goes to show their true character. Kekoa, Kama, and Kanai`a are a great bunch of guys indeed.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
        X