Dove Deoderant Banner Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove Deoderant Banner Ad

Am I the only person who gets to witness women taking their tops off and putting them back on inside out to make the point that Dove Deoderant doesn't leave white marks?

I'm just wondering if it's my demographic or if it's "Threads" or if it's just this wacky community of ours that flags us for such content.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Re: Dove Deoderant Banner Ad

Hold on. Did you mean, you see women taking off their tops, reversing them, and putting them back on inside-out, in advertisements... or did you mean, you see women doing this in real life? And if you meant the latter, may I ask where and when, so I can come and help you out by corroborating your observations?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
      Hold on. Did you mean, you see women taking off their tops, reversing them, and putting them back on inside-out, in advertisements... or did you mean, you see women doing this in real life? And if you meant the latter, may I ask where and when, so I can come and help you out by corroborating your observations?
      Glen! In the banner ad at the top of HT!!!!!
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Hey, it was an honest question.

The banner ad on my screen as I type right now is for Travelocity.

Comment

I've seen that ad before, but to be honest I don't see ads anymore unless I want to Thanks to adblock and filterset.g
          808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
          kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
          http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

I just use a hosts file. no more ads!
            http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

so you guys can all get on HT without seeing its banner ads? I don't mind banner ads. I just found this particular animation odd and wondered how anyone else felt about it.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I've never seen that Dove banner ad when I'm on HT. I've seen ads for Hawai'i-related stuff (and right now, I see computer-related stuff), but never one for deodorant!

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  I've never seen that Dove banner ad when I'm on HT. I've seen ads for Hawai'i-related stuff (and right now, I see computer-related stuff), but never one for deodorant!

Miulang
                  Hmmm. I bathe daily. Take Body Mint. Rub on the proper toiletries. I even tried the product and decided it was ineffective. I can take a hint, but it's another product for me!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                    Hmmm. I bathe daily. Take Body Mint. Rub on the proper toiletries. I even tried the product and decided it was ineffective. I can take a hint, but it's another product for me!
                    heehee! You're not hallucinating! I FINALLY saw that banner ad just now.

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                      so you guys can all get on HT without seeing its banner ads?
                      I just had to make the effort to look up and see - why, yes! There are banner ads at the top of my screen, while viewing HT! (I see one for Firefox at the moment, which is the browser I happen to be using.)

I am not kidding - I am so inured to such advertising that I honestly never noticed that there are banner ads there. So much for their effectiveness (psst - don't tell Ryan!)

I'm the same way with newspaper ads; my eyes rarely scan the bottom of the pages, where the ads generally reside, so they just don't register with me.

However, now that it has been so nicely pointed out to me that there are women removing their tops in some of these banner ads, I will probably pay more attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X