Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CompUSA closes more than half its stores

Originally posted by Random View Post
    What are those "unreasonable standards"?
    dunno. like i said, this was in conversation with my coworker, but i believe my coworker meant something like unreasonable sales goals, and the like.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I was in Honolulu Wednesday and went to CompUSA to do my version of the Costco run.

I had a laptop battery I needed to replace so I asked the girl at the front that greeted me. She looked at me blankly and said, "Ummm try the notebook department".

I went to the "Notebook" department and found this older chinese sales associate. I asked him if CompUSA sold laptop batteries. He said in a very heavy chinese accent, "This kind battery only good for four or five charges after that no good."

I looked at him a bit puzzled and astonished, "This is a Lithium-Ion battery that can take a thousand charges. It's on it's 1004th so I need another".

"No can only good for five charges, we no sell batteries like that" he said.

Obviously this is one uninformed sales associate, I moved on. I asked another sales associate who was in his early twenties and looked geeky enough to know what I was talking about.

He looks at my basket of computer stuff I was planning on purchasing already and while asking him about the battery, he interrupts me and asks, "Can I put my stickers on these items you're buying so I can get credit for it?"

Not only did he not help me getting the other stuff, but he couldn't help me with my battery! I started walking away feeling very frustrated (much like our Home Depot customers) and he stuck it on anyway. The tag read: BEN C. 263938 dated 2/28/07. Man he would have gotten them on all of the boxes of stuff I was buying if I hadn't walked away faster. Sheeze what vultures!

I really wish CompUSA would hire experienced people. I took this experience with me back to my job at Home Depot Hilo and vowed never to act like that and to really give what the customer expects. It's all about customer service and my experience at CompUSA really opened my eyes from a customer's perspective. You come to Home Depot Hilo and ask for me and I'll give you first class service. You can bet on that.

And now the clincher. I washed all the rebate receipts when I washed my pants yesterday. Oh well there went about $100 worth of rebates.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I was in Honolulu Wednesday and went to CompUSA to do my version of the Costco run.

I had a laptop battery I needed to replace
        For the most part you can only get laptop batteries from the manufacture, however there are several stores online that carry them,but as far as I know there are no physical store that carry laptop batteries.
        808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
        kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
        http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
          For the most part you can only get laptop batteries from the manufacture, however there are several stores online that carry them,but as far as I know there are no physical store that carry laptop batteries.
          Fry's Electronics usually carries laptop batteries. For Apple laptops, I can also walk into an Apple Store and find usually find a selection of batteries.
          Ā Ē Ī Ō Ū ā ē ī ō ū -- Just a little something to "cut and paste."

Comment

I have bought laptop batteries online, its usually cheaper then the manufacturer.

The thing about sales associates now is that most places now hire people who can sell, not people who know about the products. Techincal people who know what theyre doing go for the jobs that pay more, like IT. I've seen this is happen to Radio Shack. Remember when RS sold electronic parts? I guess you cant make alot of money from selling a transistor, some batteries and a rare earth magnet. =p

...So whats worse? A place that 1/2 the people know what they are talking about (compusa) or a place that only geeks can call home? (frys)
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              I really wish CompUSA would hire experienced people. I took this experience with me back to my job at Home Depot Hilo and vowed never to act like that and to really give what the customer expects. It's all about customer service and my experience at CompUSA really opened my eyes from a customer's perspective. You come to Home Depot Hilo and ask for me and I'll give you first class service. You can bet on that.
              Yeah, only on Oahu and Maui.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
              X