looking for a new watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new watch

I just realized that my current watch screams cheap - I had to wait for the time hands to make an entire 12 clock revolution until I can set it to the correct time.

Since I'm a geek, I thought I'll get a geeky watch. Anyone knows of any geeky watches I can buy locally?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: looking for a new watch

maybe something like this? but I don't want to wait for it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
      I just realized that my current watch screams cheap - I had to wait for the time hands to make an entire 12 clock revolution until I can set it to the correct time.

Since I'm a geek, I thought I'll get a geeky watch. Anyone knows of any geeky watches I can buy locally?
      What's a "geeky" watch? You mean a digital one? How about a Casio? They're not too expensive and places like Best Buy would also carry them. The self-winding Timex watches are pretty cool looking too. They're analog rather than digital, but they don't need batteries, which is a plus.

Miulang

P.S. I have a solar-powered Citizen watch.
      Last edited by Miulang; March 1, 2007, 10:59 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Douglas Adams, in "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy," describing the human inhabitants of Earth: "...ape-descended life forms (who) are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Having said that, guess what I wear?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Douglas Adams, in "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy," describing the human inhabitants of Earth: "...ape-descended life forms (who) are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

Having said that, guess what I wear?
          Gedsuntheit!
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

how much do you want to spend? Fossil or Patek Phillipe?
            Check this out
            Im going to buy one someday.

I currently have a Fossil and a Bulova

If you want a fancy looking watch but for cheap, go check out the swap meet. They have Rolexi there
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              Check this out
              Im going to buy one someday.
              Absolutely LOVE the name of this one on that website!

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                how much do you want to spend? Fossil or Patek Phillipe?
                Check this out
                Those watches are cool! omg

I wear Fossil watches. I guess their digital watches are sorta geeky... Fossil also has the Bluetooth CallerID watch so you can just look at your watch and see who's calling you. It's $250. Dunno if they have any at the store in the mall.

I had a sun dial watch for about 3 months before the pointy dial part broke off. That was kinda neat.

Comment

Watches are the local man's wedding band. This is so they know what time they betta get home!

pax

Comment

No one ever looks at a watch or clock to find out what time it actually IS; we are always checking to see "how much time has passed since..." or "how much time is left until..." something.

Comment

Didja ever notice that a good percentage of the time, when you ask what time it is or glance at your watch or look at a clock, it's invariably either 20 minutes past or 20 minutes before the next hour?

Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                        Didja ever notice that a good percentage of the time, when you ask what time it is or glance at your watch or look at a clock, it's invariably either 20 minutes past or 20 minutes before the next hour?
                        Miulang
                        So, I looked at the clock as soon as I read this post...3:38 p.m. Close enough to fit the theory.

Comment

im sort of partial to this one
                          Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            So, I looked at the clock as soon as I read this post...3:38 p.m. Close enough to fit the theory.
                            I just read this...at 8:40!

Comment

I just looked at my system tray and it says 12:43!

I'm a watch fanatic but for some reason my favorite is my $9.99 Casio Illuminator watch. Cheap and lightweight it tells the time accurately and hardly weighs anything. At just under $10 it's a carefree watch.

When people look at my cheapo watch they laugh but I tell them this cheap watch can wake me up can your $5,000 Rolex do that? If I lose my Casio I simply go to Longs and buy another. You lose your $25,000 Rolex and you're knees go weak cuz you can't easily replace it and you're still paying for the last one.

My most expensive watch I own is a $350 Citizen's watch and I hardly wear it.

But if you want geek then the Casio Data Watch is the clincher. It's the epitome of geek watches when geek wasn't stylish.
                              Attached Files
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X