Baseball season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball season

Aloha, Baseball season is coming up. Growing up in Hawaii with no pro franchise ( UH was the only game in town). Now living here in Las Vegas we've seen 4 pro games (Angels,Diamondbacks) we plan to see the Padres and the Dodgers this summer. The atmosphere in those stadiums is awesome the kids love it,my daughter doesn't even like baseball but she to looks forward to going. I've been coaching Youth Baseball here in Vegas for 4 years now and I love seeing the kids learn to love this wonderful game, we took the Rookies division championship last year. Here's a picture of my son catching.Yep it's that time of year again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by higarealestate; March 2, 2007, 03:58 AM. Reason: post a picture

Re: Baseball season

Growing up in Kane`ohe, the Alpha Female has fond memories of her grandfather listening to baseball games on the radio - it's a big reason she's a fan of the Mariners, now that she's in Seattle.

To honor her grandfather's memory, we keep a radio playing the games next to her butsudan during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by higarealestate View Post
      The atmosphere in those stadiums is awesome the kids love it,my daughter doesn't even like baseball but she to looks forward to going.
      Agreed. The only MLB game I've ever been to was a Dodgers game when I was in Los Angeles visiting my sis, and the atmosphere is real good fun. That's what I'm most jealous of about those living on the mainland: the easy access to NFL, NBA, MLB games. I always tell my mainland friends that they should take full advantage of going to games, cuz you never know when you'll be somewhere with no access. If I could go to any stadium, my top three would be Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field. So much history involved in all three.

And of course, my other main (and kinda pathetic) reason for loving baseball is because it's time for fantasy baseball! Yay! I'm playing in three leagues this year, to the utter dismay of my wife. lol. I do feel a little sorry for her, though. She was so stoked when football season ended and she could junk my fantasy football mags, but just two weeks later, it's time for baseball!

Go Red Sox! Go Dice K!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Growing up in Kane`ohe, the Alpha Female has fond memories of her grandfather listening to baseball games on the radio - it's a big reason she's a fan of the Mariners, now that she's in Seattle.

To honor her grandfather's memory, we keep a radio playing the games next to her butsudan during the season.
        Aloha, our pastor just moved up to Seattle, I would love to see them play but the drive is way to long. My wife Melanie's dad grew up in California so we drive down catch a game and go visit her uncles on the same trip. I remember going to Da Hawaii Islanders games at the termite palace, and after the games going to eat saimin in Kalihi.

Comment

Baseball season is already here in Hawaii.

Been to a couple of UH games so far. Murakami Stadium is indeed the best place in the United States to watch a college game.

Now if they'd just replace the turf... and add a bigger screen to the scoreboard.

Comment

I'm a huge baseball fan, and I doubt that there is anyone who looks forward to the season with more relish than I do. I remember those old Islander games, going with my little league team and getting wound up on soda and hot dogs. Since then I've seen a handful of MLB games in San Francisco, Oakland and Chicago (Wrigley-a truly singular experience), as well as the games played at Aloha Stadium about 10 or 12 years ago (I just can't remember the teams...Giants-Padres, maybe).

I get to as many UH games at Les Murakami as I can during the season. There ain't nothin' like the experience of a ballgame. Even if it's on TV with teams I don't care about, I'll watch. As my father and I both get older, baseball is one of the things we continue to bond over. Baseball has been beddy, beddy good to me.
            Don't be mean,
            try to help.

Comment

I'm flying to Seattle this summer to catch the Mariners-Reds series so I can see Griffey for the first time in Seattle since the trade. That is if he's not on the DL at the time....

Go M's!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                Since then I've seen a handful of MLB games ... as well as the games played at Aloha Stadium about 10 or 12 years ago (I just can't remember the teams...Giants-Padres, maybe).

I get to as many UH games at Les Murakami as I can ...

Baseball has been beddy, beddy good to me.
                Football, I don' know, but.... hehehe.

The Cardinals and the Padres, I believe played 3 games at Aloha Stadium back then. Single game on the first day; double-header the next. I went to the double header. Was totally cooked by the end of the first game. It was GREAT!

I've also been to a few Major League games on the mainland. Unfortunately, they were all tied to trips to Disneyland, so all involved the Anaheim Angels. On the positive side, one of those games was Angels-YANKEES! I got to see Don Mattingly break the single game put-out record live and in-person!

Saw Tony Gwynn with the Islanders. Later on, caught Barry Bonds with the team, became a fan. Followed him when he went to Pittsburgh. Still have one of the old Pittsburgh "pillbox" hats from the days of the "Killer B's."

I also had season tickets for about 10 years for Rainbow baseball at Murakami Stadium. Awesome place to catch a game. Was there for the perfect game, stayed all the way to the end. Saw many an impossible comeback by the Rainbow team. Truly is a great place to watch baseball.
                Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                  I'm a huge baseball fan, and I doubt that there is anyone who looks forward to the season with more relish than I do. I remember those old Islander games, going with my little league team and getting wound up on soda and hot dogs. Since then I've seen a handful of MLB games in San Francisco, Oakland and Chicago (Wrigley-a truly singular experience), as well as the games played at Aloha Stadium about 10 or 12 years ago (I just can't remember the teams...Giants-Padres, maybe).

I get to as many UH games at Les Murakami as I can during the season. There ain't nothin' like the experience of a ballgame. Even if it's on TV with teams I don't care about, I'll watch. As my father and I both get older, baseball is one of the things we continue to bond over. Baseball has been beddy, beddy good to me.
                  Cool! But I take exception to that first remark. (Just kidding.) Our Little League coach taking us to see the Islanders was the only reason we practiced so hard during the week. We used to wear our uniforms, just like the kids nowadays do.

Haven't had the chance to see a MLB game yet, but I highly doubt anyone saw as many UH games as I did when they were at their best. I remember the metal bleachers, and we'd bring our lawn chairs and watch from ground level under the bleachers. I saw almost every single one of Derek Tatsuno's starts at home during his All-American years. Have yet to see a pitcher with anything even close to Derek in his prime. Super sneaky fastball and huge, unhittable curve. I always used to go behind the catcher to take a look see for myself. ... I remember Eric Tokunaga, Thad Reece, Curt Watanabe, Ricky Bass, Gerald Ako, Howard Dashefsky too was a good player. The good ole days when the baseball colors were green and orange. ...

Fantasy's starting up too, so Ima load up on da local boyz. Shane V for sure (batting behind Rollins and in front of Utley and Howard? Ridiculous.) Also keeping a close eye on Kurt Suzuki and Shane Komine in case they get called up.

Comment

Working...
                  X