Favorite cereal(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite cereal(s)

I'm lactose-intolerant (it was a gradual process that started during adulthood), so I went from 2% to 1% to skim milk. Now, it's non-dairy alternatives.

My favorite cereal as a kid was "Snap, Crackle, Pop" ......... oh, the POWER of advertising!

Comment

My favorite cereals:
      • Life
      • Frosted Mini Wheats
      • Kellogs Rice Krispies
      • Cap'n Crunch

I rarely buy cereal because it is so expensive. I have others that I like but can't remember their names right now.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

we eat our cereal as finger food in this house. No "pouring it into a bowl" for us; pour into a ziploc and get on out the door. No milk drinkers live here.

Any cereal with a lot of texture with granola clusters to good ol cheerios (they have some very funky cheerios nowadays) will find its way into my cart--provided it is on sale.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
          No milk drinkers live here.
          You folks must all be short (height-wise). j/k.

My folks always encouraged us to drink milk to build "strong teeth and bones". I still LOVE milk, preferably 2%. Whole milk is a bit heavy and skim is grossly-thin; like "milk-water". Can tank the 2% like it's Gatorade.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

My folks always encouraged us to drink milk to build "strong teeth and bones". I still LOVE milk, preferably 2%. Whole milk is a bit heavy and skim is grossly-thin; like "milk-water". Can tank the 2% like it's Gatorade.
            I am 5'8" and my teenage daughters are both taller than me. My youngest hasn't started puberty yet and still qualifies as a shrimp. My husband is 6' and 240lbs.

There is a myriad of ways of including calcium in our diet outside of milk consumption. We aren't anti-dairy, we just don't go looking for it.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              I am 5'8" and my teenage daughters are both taller than me. My youngest hasn't started puberty yet and still qualifies as a shrimp. My husband is 6' and 240lbs.

There is a myriad of ways of including calcium in our diet outside of milk consumption. We aren't anti-dairy, we just don't go looking for it.
              I had a feeling you were gonna' set me straight and scare the hell outta' me with some gargantuan specifications.

Never forget the Hawaiian!
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

i like all bran buds or all bran yogurt bites if i need something sweeter. plus the high fiber content versus the relatively low sugar/carb count...err...helps the pipes work well. i usually have either fat free milk or relatively lower carb soymilk (no more than 8 carbs per cup) and make sure there's a decent amount of calcium in there, no matter what kinda milk i buy.

i know--all of you guys are probably going, "yuck! bran cereal!" but honestly, it's quite good, as long as you're not expecting a sugar rush. and if you wanna go healthier with cereal but are timid about sacrificing taste, i suggest the all bran yogurt bites, which i find as tasty as honey nut bunches of oats.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I'm 5' 10", 188 lbs. Not a giant, but not a shrimp, either.

I made sure that I was present when all the young boys came by to pick up my daughters for the prom. I wore tank tops so that these fine young men were acutely aware that I was not a 5' 5", 130 lb. Asian accountant. Back then, I tipped the scale at a solid 205.

I drank lots of milk while growing up. At this age, my hair and teeth are still my own.

Comment

I had a feeling you were gonna' set me straight and scare the hell outta' me with some gargantuan specifications.

Never forget the Hawaiian!
                    I am tempted to post a pic showing my guns.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Everybody loves milk.
                      Bleah - not me. Didn't like it as a kid (though I still drank it, but not often), don't like it now (though I'll tolerate it on cereal.) However, the AF turned me on to vanilla soy milk, which really adds to my favorite - Crispix.

Without milk, I will sometimes eat what we call "sugar-bomb" cereals; my choices usually alternate between Sugar Pops, Cocoa Krispies, and Cap'n Crunch w/Crunch Berries. Used to have Froot Loops on that list, but even those are too much sugar for my tastes - and Crunch Berries are almost there, too.

Comment

Anything chocolate or with chocolate in it, lol......Count Chocula, Coacoa Pebbles, Cookie Crisp but I also like Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks and POPS

Comment

Frosted flakes, Corn Pops, Fruity and Coco Pebbles, Coco Krispies, Raisin Bran, Frosted shredded wheats, Apple Jacks, Honey Bunches of Oats, Honey Smacks, Fruit Loops.
                          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Honeycomb was my favorite but they changed the recipe and it now taste like corn.

Comment

Waffle-O's were the best. Then Cap'n Crunch and Fruity Pebbles. I used to live on breakfast cereal: 2 bowls, surf, lunch bowl, surf, dinner bowl, evening session. Those were the days (I'm talking bowls of cereal, here. I know what yall're thinking!)
                              Don't be mean,
                              try to help.

Comment

I haven't eaten cereal for a very long, long time. Back then it would have been Frosted Flakes, Cocoa Krispies, Special K, Rice Krispies, and Cocoa Puffs. Had other cereals as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X