X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Originally posted by sin View Post
    I always thought Ron would be the next Joe Moore. Either someone on the corporate side didn't share that belief or Ron thought he couldn't wait that long for Joe to retire I guess. Wonder how much kala the guy's making now. . .
    Well newscaster may be nice on your youthful resume, but VICE PRESIDENT of a major telecommunications business here in Hawaii is wayyyyyy more impressive when you're that young. I think he made the right choice.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
      I always thought Ron would be the next Joe Moore.
      I wonder who will take over for Joe Moore once he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by bcr1652 View Post
        Who cares...nah!!! Those will be hard shoes to fill when that day comes around. But then again there are so many new faces it's hard to determine as the pool of anchors seem to be getting bigger.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Probably Kirk Matthews or Jai Cunningham.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Maybe Ron Mizutani. He allegedly resigned from Hawaii TelCom yesterday, after just five months!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Probably Kirk Matthews or Jai Cunningham.
              I would say that maybe they would go with two co-anchors after Joe Moore retires, but there isn't a whole lot of people to choose from.

Comment

Did anyone notice Pamela Young's faux pas last Thursday when she was reporting on the making of gau?

Apparently she had some stuck to her fingers and she was trying unsuccessfully to shake it off. She ended up using the tablecloth to wipe it off her hands. Kind of tacky.

Comment

Did anyone see the KHON news report after the Super Bowl? Man, it was glitchy and there was a weird moment where Jai Cunningham proclaimed his feelings for Olena Reuben by saying "I love you". Everyone at our Super Bowl party felt kinda awkward and his face was really red!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
                    Did anyone see the KHON news report after the Super Bowl? Man, it was glitchy and there was a weird moment where Jai Cunningham proclaimed his feelings for Olena Reuben by saying "I love you". Everyone at our Super Bowl party felt kinda awkward and his face was really red!
                    Saw that. Went back to watch it a couple of times. The very start of the broadcast was fifteen seconds of snow. Then, in introducing Olena Rubin, he called her "Olena Ruba." Olena tried to start her standup, but Jai cut in to correct himself. But then, in apologizing, he called her "Olena Ruba" again.

Just when it seemed like it couldn't get any more awkward, he blurted, "I love you."

After the segment, Tannya was teasing him. Jai tried to explain, saying, "I love her like I love a sister," and Tannya said, "Keep digging, keep digging..." Poor Jai. Maybe he'd just Googled Olena Rubin and found some glamor shots?

It was a weird show overall, though, right down to John Veneri ending his Super Bowl party crasher segment with a cannonball into a pool.

Comment

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Would anyone happen to have said video of Jai Cunningham on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Saw that. Went back to watch it a couple of times. The very start of the broadcast was fifteen seconds of snow. Then, in introducing Olena Rubin, he called her "Olena Ruba." Olena tried to start her standup, but Jai cut in to correct himself. But then, in apologizing, he called her "Olena Ruba" again.

Just when it seemed like it couldn't get any more awkward, he blurted, "I love you."

After the segment, Tannya was teasing him. Jai tried to explain, saying, "I love her like I love a sister," and Tannya said, "Keep digging, keep digging..." Poor Jai. Maybe he'd just Googled Olena Rubin and found some glamor shots?
                        That's why there should be no laptop on the anchor desk.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I appeared with Jill Kuramoto on Friday morning on KITV to discuss her cameo on "LOST." That was when Mahealani Richardson pointed out her "baby bump." She's pregnant! I guess they'd been keeping her behind the desk and shooting standups above the waist so few people had noticed. She said she was six weeks pregnant when she shot her "LOST" scene at the Diamond Head Studios. She's doe in April, and it's a boy!
                          Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                          Would anyone happen to have said video of Jai Cunningham on YouTube?
                          I thought about it, but KHON remains backwards thinking when it comes to online content, and I'm not interested in getting another takedown notice.

Comment

Babies rock! Glad to hear the Kumomoto gene pool is procreating!
                            Last edited by lavagal; February 9, 2008, 06:17 PM. Reason: Richardson for Kumamoto
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hi this is sansei and i learned from a resource at the station that the person updated me on Jill's soon to be baby and i knew this for sometime only i was sworn to secrecy and i couldnt post anything until jill would've shared it with everyone so sorry i wasnt able to share it only when your sworn to secrecy,you cant say anything only now that it's out,it's ok for response's on jill's pregnancy.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Thanks for breaking the news...you for work for the CIA in your spare time????

Comment

Working...
                                X