This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Wow...I always wondered whatever happened to Taizo. Haven't seen him since Hawaii State Student Conference. Oh to be 17 again! He was the only hot hapa guy amongst all the SG geeks.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      Not many of Hawaii's broadcast reporters make it to the national networks, but I thought Tasha would. By the way, she was the First Officer on the flight yesterday. I believe that's what The Advertiser had in its story this morning. I wonder what the future holds for Tasha and her fellow Aloha Airlines employees. The whole thing makes me so sad.
      I half expected her to go back to the news after this aloha thing, but looks like she wants to keep flying. probably a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Translation...
        Former KITV news team member, Tasha Kobashigawa, was employed as a pilot for Aloha and co-piloted last night's final flight from Maui. She still looks hot!
        So, basically she's a "flygirl."

I thought she looked familiar when she was on the news dubbed as the "youngest Aloha Airline pilot" to fly the last passenger plane with the oldest pilot.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
          I half expected her to go back to the news after this aloha thing, but looks like she wants to keep flying. probably a smart move.
          Does she need a separate pilot's license to fly, say a News8 chopper?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I really got to know Tasha when she worked as an AP (intern) at KGMB many years ago. She ended up getting a great job at KLAS in Las Vegas as a helicopter traffic reporter. At KLAS they couldn't say her last name so she went by Tasha Reiko. That's where she really got interested in flying. She's a great person and a real go getter. She's beyond news.
            Inspire, educate, and create change.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelakeen View Post
              I really got to know Tasha when she worked as an AP (intern) at KGMB many years ago. She ended up getting a great job at KLAS in Las Vegas as a helicopter traffic reporter. At KLAS they couldn't say her last name so she went by Tasha Reiko. That's where she really got interested in flying. She's a great person and a real go getter. She's beyond news.
              Angela-
              Welcome to Hawaii Threads!! Just read your rebuttal to Sansei's rants regarding Sharie Shima. Too sweet! Sharie has interviewed my boss on several occasions and has a good reputation at our office.

Good luck to you and your future endeavors!!

Comment

Originally posted by sin View Post
                Her interest in flying preceded her TV reporting career. So her dream job lasted until Aloha pulled the rug out from under her.

She's a sharp person and can find another flying job elsewhere. But that "elsewhere" might end up being way out yonder. According to Boeing, there are pilot shortages in places like China and India.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                  Does she need a separate pilot's license to fly, say a News8 chopper?
                  It's just a different rating. And a totally different set of skills. If you let go of the controls in an airplane it will just keep flying in a nice stable manner.

But if you let go of the controls in a helicopter -- better hope you're wearing absorbing underwear.

Comment

Agreed.

Tasha is one sharp person. Smart and determined.

She'll be just fine.

Comment

Yesterday my girls literally crashed into Shawn Ching of KITV at Home Depot as they were making a beeline to the water fountain. He was gracious, gentle and polite. He looks bigger in person than on camera. Definitely a guy who has kept up in the fitness department. My kids were being crazy wacky and I appreciate how easy going he was about it!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

hi this is sansei and as i've kept my promise to everyone.i have only one question,when i was waiting for the update with Joe moore on Khon at the time of 3:52 pm and that Khon played only the commericial part,i wondered if they would have played Joe moore's news update and I know at time's they khon may not remember to play joe moore's news update so if anyone may share their true thought's on this,i'd truly appreciate it for once if it maybe ok with our moderator Mel?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                          hi this is sansei and as i've kept my promise to everyone.i have only one question,when i was waiting for the update with Joe moore on Khon at the time of 3:52 pm and that Khon played only the commericial part,i wondered if they would have played Joe moore's news update and I know at time's they khon may not remember to play joe moore's news update so if anyone may share their true thought's on this,i'd truly appreciate it for once if it maybe ok with our moderator Mel?

Well thank's for your time
                          Sansei thanks for the apology you sent me, which was unnecessary but I appreciate the gesture anyway.

Just one question, what are you trying to ask with the quote referenced above?

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                            Sansei thanks for the apology you sent me, which was unnecessary but I appreciate the gesture anyway.

Just one question, what are you trying to ask with the quote referenced above?
                            Keanu, as I read it, sansei's asking why they didn't play Joe Moore's news tease at the appropriate time this afternoon. Sansei, it was probably one of sveeral things -- a technical glitch, it didn't get recorded in time, or there's something breaking in the news this afternoon which is more important than the story tease Joe was going to record -- if the latter is the case, they probably inserted his tease later in the afternoon.

Just my $.02 worth.

Comment

They DID have technical glitches throughout the 6pm show last night - for which Joe repeatedly apologized at the end - after what appeared to be extra chit-chat with Kanoa that appeared to be filler.

Comment

This one (from Ms. E's column today) may have sansei spinning:

(Commenting on Murrow awards to KGMB News)
                                "Its Feature Reporting award was for anchor Keahi Tucker's story titled, "A Language in Jeopardy," which examined the erosion of the Hawaiian language. The story served as a stepping stone for the station's launch of a Hawaiian-language news segment on its morning show."

Read the whole article at:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/04/15/business/engle.html

Congrats to KGMB, even though the other stations did not enter.

Comment

Working...
                                X