X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
    I tuned in to the Channel2 news @5pm with Tannya and Ron recently. Usually I watch KITV-4 during this time slot. My oh my! Tannya is getting prettier, so much in fact I told my spouse she must be hapai! There's a certain 'glow' about her. Maybe she doesn't know it yet...
    Probably because she can sleep past 5 in the morning.

Speaking of hapai, did I hear right that KHON is on Trini Watch?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Wait, wait. Nobody ever followed up on what happened to Joann Shin. She was my favorite on KHNL. I thought her squeeky voice was a nice contrast to Steph Lum's booming one.

After Rod H. got fired from DOT she was in b/t jobs. What then?

Comment

KGMB introduced two new on-air people tonight on their weekend newscast.

Malika Dudley, Miss Hawaii 2005, is doing weather. She's from the Big Island (daughter of a UH Hilo prof) and recent UH Manoa grad.

Mike Cherry, said to be from Maui, is doing sports - and he says he's been at KGMB for five years as an editor, cameraman and producer.

Both did good jobs. The station is obviously spending money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
          Mike Cherry, said to be from Maui, is doing sports - and he says he's been at KGMB for five years as an editor, cameraman and producer.
          He replaced Steve Uyehara who, and if I heard it right, will be the anchor of the new morning show on KGMB9. Right?

Who else will be joining Steve?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            He replaced Steve Uyehara who, and if I heard it right, will be the anchor of the new morning show on KGMB9. Right?

Who else will be joining Steve?
            Grace Lee, who preveiously worked as a reporter at KGMB then went to the mainland, will be Steve's co-anchor. And Jeff Booth will be doing weather in the mornings.
            No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

Also Ramsay Wharton (formerly of KHON2) and Howard Dicus are on the team. Ramsay will be the roaming live reporter, and Howard is also supposedly going to be in different places, and not just cooped up in an office.

Comment

Originally posted by ifcancan View Post
                Wait, wait. Nobody ever followed up on what happened to Joann Shin. She was my favorite on KHNL. I thought her squeeky voice was a nice contrast to Steph Lum's booming one.

After Rod H. got fired from DOT she was in b/t jobs. What then?
                Joann actually did get hired at DOT and is still there, even though Rod Haraga was shown the door at about the same time.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewsguy View Post
                  Howard is also supposedly going to be in different places, and not just cooped up in an office.
                  Howard = KGMB's Manolo Morales

Comment

TVnewsguy above says Ramsey Wharton = Manolo.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryPrice View Post
                      Grace Lee, who preveiously worked as a reporter at KGMB then went to the mainland, will be Steve's co-anchor. And Jeff Booth will be doing weather in the mornings.
                      Regarding Grace Lee, I could swear she did a stint on Guam at KUAM doing news and a lifestyle show in the late 90s. I heard her voice from the back room a couple of weeks ago and came out to ask the dearly beloved "Is that Grace Lee?". He said it was but she looks different. Either she has had a lot of plastic surgery (still the same height, weight, hair and complexion) or it is someone who sounds exactly like her.

Comment

Is Grace the one who has been filling in for Kim G. as of late during the weekdays?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          Is Grace the one who has been filling in for Kim G. as of late during the weekdays?
                          Yep.

So? What I'm saying is that Ramsey is better suited (IMO) for hard news, while Howard should be the roaming reporter who does all the whimsical fluff that gives the morning news its flavor.

That's what Manolo does at KHON. Although he does the hard news, too, when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                            What I'm saying is that Ramsey is better suited (IMO) for hard news, while Howard should be the roaming reporter who does all the whimsical fluff that gives the morning news its flavor.
                            I agree with this sentiment, to a certain extent. Writing for PBN is one thing, but I think you’re giving Howard a little more credit then he deserves. Covering hard news often means you need to scramble, so Ramsey being the veteran telecaster is obviously a safer bet then someone who has little experience outside of the “sitting-in-sanitized-studio” position.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

You mean Manolo is a cross dresser
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I was in one of Manolo's "fluff" pieces on karaoke - telecast "live" from the Karaoke Box (later, Hawaii Stars) outlet in the Manoa Marketplace. Sometime during 1996 or 1997 ...........

Comment

Working...
                                X