X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Originally posted by LarryPrice View Post
    And Jeff Booth will be doing weather in the mornings.
    Ooh. Jeff Booth got demoted to morning news weather reporter.

Not that I would trade him for Malika Dudley. Then again, waking up to see Malika in the morning 5 days a week wouldn't be that bad.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
      Regarding Grace Lee, I could swear she did a stint on Guam at KUAM doing news and a lifestyle show in the late 90s. I heard her voice from the back room a couple of weeks ago and came out to ask the dearly beloved "Is that Grace Lee?". He said it was but she looks different. Either she has had a lot of plastic surgery (still the same height, weight, hair and complexion) or it is someone who sounds exactly like her.
      Can't be the same one if it was in the '90s. According to her bio on the KGMB web site, her first on-air job in TV was as a reporter at KGMB in 2002.
      No, I'm not the Larry Price, I just happen to have the same name.

Comment

I seem to recall that when Grace Lee (the one currently here in Honolulu) was on the air previously someone published a national news story about all of the people in the US (including several in high-profile - some media - positions) who are named Grace Lee.

But it's not likely that the current Honolulu Grace Lee is the Grace Lee who was on Guam in the 90s.

On the other hand, HT could probably start a whole new thread about people who have been in TV and other media on Guam who subsequently worked in Honolulu.

Here's something on the Web about this:

http://www.gracelee.net/
        Last edited by Kimo; August 6, 2007, 06:43 AM. Reason: added information

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
          Regarding Grace Lee, I could swear she did a stint on Guam at KUAM doing news and a lifestyle show in the late 90s. I heard her voice from the back room a couple of weeks ago and came out to ask the dearly beloved "Is that Grace Lee?". He said it was but she looks different. Either she has had a lot of plastic surgery (still the same height, weight, hair and complexion) or it is someone who sounds exactly like her.
          Maybe you're confusing her with KHNL's Stephanie Lum, who once worked at KUAM in Guam. And previously worked at KGMB and anchored for awhile on KGMB's last morning news broadcasts in the late 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
            Maybe you're confusing her with KHNL's Stephanie Lum, who once worked at KUAM in Guam. And previously worked at KGMB and anchored for awhile on KGMB's last morning news broadcasts in the late 90s.
            Definitely not. I have met Stephanie several times (not close personal friends or anything like that) and she bears no resemblance to Grace Lee (either one, if they are indeed two different people).

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Ooh. Jeff Booth got demoted to morning news weather reporter.

Not that I would trade him for Malika Dudley. Then again, waking up to see Malika in the morning 5 days a week wouldn't be that bad.
              Maybe it's just me... but I don't think of Jeff's new position as a demotion. Perhaps a "reassignment". He's not a bad weather guy.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                Maybe it's just me... but I don't think of Jeff's new position as a demotion. Perhaps a "reassignment". He's not a bad weather guy.
                Word is, Jeff asked to be moved to the mornings. He did the morning show weather on the mainland and enjoys being goofy, which is something he can do on a morning show.

Ramsay will be the roaming reporter, similar to what Manolo does, while Howard will continue to bring different business-type stories to the show. He will be out and about, but not as much as Ramsay.

Comment

So, what's the deal with the anchoring positions of the morning news on KHNL??? Did Kristine Uyeno become part of the morning news as of today because she was added to the "banner" on the top of KHNL's web site?? And what will happen to Marvin? Back to reporting????

Just curious...

Comment

Some shuffling at Channel 2 also:
                    http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...890657234.html

Doesn't answer the obvious question about who's doing weekends.

Comment

I've gotta step up here.

The other paper may consider this to be "breaking news" only because it failed to get yesterday's news release into today's print edition. Well, WE did.

http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/30/b...bizbriefs.html

BTW, there's not yet an answer to the question of who will replace Jai on weekends.
                      I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Just something I noticed some of our local newscasters have in common.

Paul Drewes
                        Stephanie Lum
                        Kirk Matthews
                        Linda Coble
                        Mahealani Richardson
                        Kristine Uyeno
                        Ben Gutierrez

They all have previously worked in the Northwest region (Oregon and Washington).

Comment

i believe most anchor's are kind

hi this is sansei and i believe most anchor's are kind except for Keahi tucker when i posted recently about him and he's from the old school of the newsmen and i think most of the anchor women are kind and even the sport's anchors as Rob Demello and John veneri and Kanoha leahy and liz chun and not permanent sport's anchor steven florino and i do like Malika dudley who is a Blue belt in martial arts and I like Jeff booth and does anyone know he has t Twin who look's just like him and his Twin work's in Sin City and jeff's twins name is johnathon humbert and he work's at Klas in Sin City so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Re: i believe most anchor's are kind

Hi Sensei...With all due respect, I have a request...suggestion...unsolicited advice. Whatever you want to call it! Can you please use a period to end each sentence? Your messages ramble on and on and they're very difficult to read without proper sentences.

Thank you.

Comment

Re: i believe most anchor's are kind

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                              hi this is sansei and i believe most anchor's are kind except for Keahi tucker when i posted recently about him and he's from the old school of the newsmen and i think most of the anchor women are kind and even the sport's anchors as Rob Demello and John veneri and Kanoha leahy and liz chun and not permanent sport's anchor steven florino and i do like Malika dudley who is a Blue belt in martial arts and I like Jeff booth and does anyone know he has t Twin who look's just like him and his Twin work's in Sin City and jeff's twins name is johnathon humbert and he work's at Klas in Sin City so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time
                              Sansei,

Write what you want but I hope you are aware many members of the Honolulu media read these threads and you've already expressed your displeasure for Mr. Tucker, so we understand your feelings on that issue. Just be careful what you write as you never know who could be reading this!!

Aj

Comment

The direction this thread has taken in the past two days reminds me of that anti-cyberbullying commercial targeted toward kids. You know the one that says, "If you wouldn't say hurtful things in person, why say hurtful things online" ?

While the things being said here aren't necessarily "hurtful," I'm trying to picture Sansei going up to Keahi Tucker's face and telling him "Hi, I'm Sansei, and I think everyone else is kind except for you."
                                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                                We're not here to mess around
                                Boston, you know we love you madly
                                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                                You know we couldn't live without you
                                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Working...
                                X