Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wal-Mart Super Center In Hilo ?

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    Good point, but do you think it's ok to support a store on DHHL properties if you are against them being there? Kinda a Catch22 I guess
    I don't think it's a good idea to support a store on DHHL properties if one is against such development...but who says I'm against it? I work for one of them.

There's no catch-22 here, now I do have customers that come into Home Depot and when I tell them we don't have what they're looking for and suggest WalMart across the street, they cringe and say they'll never go there.

I shrug my shoulders and tell them that's the only place I can think of that will sell that particular product they're searching for.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      I don't think it's a good idea to support a store on DHHL properties if one is against such development...but who says I'm against it? I work for one of them.

There's no catch-22 here, now I do have customers that come into Home Depot and when I tell them we don't have what they're looking for and suggest WalMart across the street, they cringe and say they'll never go there.

I shrug my shoulders and tell them that's the only place I can think of that will sell that particular product they're searching for.
      A lot of Hilo people are goofy
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Thank God I live in Puna then

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          Thank God I live in Puna then
          Next time tell them the only other place you seen the item was in Kona. Maybe they will drive all the way there instead of across the street
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
            Next time tell them the only other place you seen the item was in Kona. Maybe they will drive all the way there instead of across the street
            Don't be surprized if they do. When word was out that Home Depot was gonna build in Hilo, people were holding off building their homes and remods, intentionally not driving to Lowe's or in town to HPM.

I think that's why some people here in Hilo are so disappointed with the Hilo Home Depot. We have over 60,000 items but no back warehouse to put it all so it goes in the overheads you see in our store. We are like an Ace Hardware on steroids. HPM is a contractor's store so you'll find a lot of a few items like lumber. HPM has a better selection of lumber to choose from. They are a builder's store. Home Depot is a weekend warrior's store. We sell stuff for the average homeowner.

For me with the travelling distances in Hilo and Puna, I think the WalMart supercenter will be a good thing. With the constant rain having everything under one roof helps out a lot.

Comment

Protest your hearts out, The big W will always win, i know, i work for one of their distribution centers (something i DO wish they would build on Oahu so i could transfer, lol)
              If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
              X