Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you survive on foods from vending machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you survive on foods from vending machines?

Mililani Walmart has a McD's. Buy a couple of the dollar cheese burgers before you start work and scarf'em during your break. Poor alternative, but better than them vending machine food, IMHO. I like PM's idea. Jes get some mayo and go mek sardine sangwiches. Hoooo! Don't talk to any customers after eating that, though.

Comment

Oh man stranded at WalMart...almost as (pathetic?) as those stranded travelers at the Honolulu International Airport the day of the earthquake. They would have died from hunger if the Red Cross hadn't brought in sandwiches for them to eat because they were stranded at an airport that simply didn't have power.

Adrian, at least WalMart has food to buy. At Home Depot unless you like gnawing on a 2x4 for fiber there ain't nothing except our vending machines and the hot dog lady that charges us $3.50 for a regular hot dog (and that's with the 50-cent employee discount).

And talk about exercise, one day I put on a pedometer just to see how far I walk in an hour working. It comes out to a mile an hour of walking on any day working at Home Depot. We also have to climb 12-foot ladders to bring down product for the packing in or for customers so in a day the associates get a good workout. Plus on concrete floors having good walking shoes is a must as you stand and walk all day on that hard surface.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: can you survive on foods from vending machines?

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
        On a little bit of a sick note...I heard they were selling used women's underwear in vending machines over there....not kidding. All packaged up in plastic...Yea, they got some crazy fetishes over there.
        No different than a girl wearing her boyfriend's shirt.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Or maybe his boxers? Open fly of course
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
            dude, you are in WalMart.

Go in to the store and buy some *food*. A loaf of multigrain bread and some sandwich meat, or Hanalei poi and a can of sardines...
            But skip L&L. That's for tourists. Get better prices someplace else for locals.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              HellOOOOO...they're in a VENDING MACHINE...ON THE STREET. I seriously doubt they're for wearing, and they're from strangers....

Does the word fetish mean anything to you ?
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

You could always keep tater tots in your pockets.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                  During the weekdays, I have one 15 minute break, because I work 5 hours. I use that break to stretch my legs and grab a bite to eat, but I feel that I can't get a meal in that time.
                  Bro, just bring some power bars and some fruit (apples, oranges, whatever you like) and use that to tide you over till end of shift. You'll be eating healthier, saving $$$, and enjoying a real meal after work.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                    Bro, just bring some power bars and some fruit (apples, oranges, whatever you like) and use that to tide you over till end of shift. You'll be eating healthier, saving $$$, and enjoying a real meal after work.
                    eating at 11pm? My body hasn't gotten used to night working yet, and I usually stop eating after 10pm.

I did pickup up some granola bars from Sam's (ironic isn't it) and couple that with me walking clear across the parking lot to my car (I relax better when I'm laying down listening to music) I hope I lose some weight.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I was bored this morning before work and decided to take a picture of our vending machines...

A mecca of (mostly) processed delights.

My favorite item is the S&S saimin (B6). I don't care for that Kim Chee ramen (A8). The Kochu Jang flavoring is too overpowering. Cup Noodle is OK, but I'll take the fresh noodles of S&S over that, any day.

That Philly Cheese Sandwich (B0) in the white wrapper is pretty darned good. Would be even better with some Au Jus to dip into.

Occasionally he also puts Manapua (I think Golden Coin, bleh), and Papa Bruno's locally-made, fresh ham and cheese and/or tuna sandwiches. Those are good too.

For a drink, my usual is the Hawaiian Sun Green Tea (H4). Since the recently drastic fuel price increases, beverage prices have also increased. These use to cost just 50 cents each. Now they're 65 cents. Damned, that's one extra quarter I have to break. lol

From the snack machine, my favorite is the M&M's peanuts (D4).

Our vendor said he buys most of the stuff here from Sam's Club.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

wow! that's a pretty advanced menu you got there, pomai.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                          I was bored this morning before work and decided to take a picture of our vending machines...
                          I could easily live off of those machines...

... for a few days.

I'd get:

Machine 1:
                          A4, C0, C2, C4, C6, F4

Machine 2:
                          H5!!!!!

Machine 3:
                          C3, C4, C5, C6

I love Hawaiian Sun. I wish I could get it here in the mainland...

Comment

I can feel my body getting constipated, just from looking at that stuff.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Our vendor said he buys most of the stuff here from Sam's Club.
                              I usually get B8 from Costco every other week. I've been living off those French Bread Pizzas since I was 10!
                              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                              We're not here to mess around
                              Boston, you know we love you madly
                              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                              You know we couldn't live without you
                              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I'll take those vending machine offerings anyday...

...over the limited junk offered in any 7-11. Those crummy stores should be boycotted out of existance.
                                We tried like h--k to keep the one in Ka'a'awa out, but $ and the stupids in local government won. The empty shelves of the old Ka'a'awa Store were better than what's there now.

Think I'll stroll over to Hemmingway Hall and see what's on the vending menu...
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X