No announcement yet.

Could You Survive On Your Race's Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could You Survive On Your Race's Diet?

I can't. The overwhelming amounts of vegetables and seafood (stuff I don't currently eat) will be too much.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Me and Leo at the International Buffet in Las Vegas. Now that would be ugly.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        Me and Leo at the International Buffet in Las Vegas. Now that would be ugly.
        You start at the right side of the table, I'll start at the left. We'll show 'em "shock and awe."

Comment

Given that I've been a vegetarian for years, the only ethnic food I could live on long term would probably be Indian food, and I don't think I have any Indian heritage in my family tree. Although I could see myself surviving on Thai and Mexican as well, I am not of those persuasions either. Ironically, most of the bloodlines that compose of my background come from heavy meat eating cultures that offer only a handful of vegetarian dishes that probably would not offer much in terms of proper nutrition.
          Last edited by Vanguard; March 13, 2007, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
            This thread is NOT to start another online race war , so let's not go there. If for one month you had to eat your race's native diet ,could you? If you are of mixed race like a lot are in Hawaii, pick one out of the mix.
            OK, I'll have to pick Japanese. I'm half-Okinawan too, but my dear ol' mama is naichi. 'Nuff said.

Staples: Rice? No problem.
            Protein: Fish? I could eat sashimi 'til it came out of my ears. Tonkatsu? Tempura? Sure, I'd love 'em.
            Veggies: Tsukemono? Ummm...maybe, if it's not too salty. I dunno if I could take some of the more exotic looking ones that my mom likes. Natto? Ugh, won't touch it. Ume? Yeah, I'd eat it in musubi.
            Desserts: Mochi? Yuck. Kinda weird that I don't like mochi, but I never liked the texture.
            http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
              Chinese or Japanese food I can live on forever. I lived in Japan for 7 years as an Air Force brat so I was exposed to a lot of Japanese food.
              I wish I could eat only Japanese food for a whole month. The problem with most Japanese dishes is that they take so long to prepare and at times expensive.

My favorite Japanese dish is Oyako donburi. My favorite fish is broiled Saba with rice and Chazuke.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Aren't you referring to the term Uchinanchu? This is the Okinawan term used to describe their roots to Okinawa.

Calling someone Champuru is kinda' like someone Japanese calling themselves "Sukiyaki". lol

Of course, sometimes us mixed breed folks refer ourselves as "Chop Suey".
                [/I]
                Nah. Hawaii born Okinawan term of endearment for the same I've heard now and again. They can see it in my wife and someone will call out, "Eh, you Champuru, eh?" No mistaking it's use as champuru is uniquely an Okinawan dish.

Some may not have ever heard the term used. I doubt it's used that often, maybe more out here in the country and probably more from those that no longer speak the language. My wife does and probably knows of what you speak of. Her and my SIL always wave their hands in the air going "Ha...ha...ha....ha....."

Comment

Depends on which side we talkin bout....
                  mother... mixed pacific islander
                  father.... 100% scilian

dont like italian food .....pizza ok but you can have the rest ...wouldnt be happy if i had to survive on it.

would have to be rice and fish and taro papaya pinapple avacado coconut .... LOTS of coconut. rice noodles and all dat kine stuff.

cant live without spam.

If not! HA! den i be skinny fo life

Comment

Sometimes, the term CHIBIRU is used to refer to Okinawans, as well as UCHINANCHU. Never heard of CHAMPURU being used though it might well be.

Comment

before Admin shuts down this thread we need to stay OT. As for me I'm glad I'm not Okinawan because I can't stand their dougnuts especially after a day in the fridge.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                        Sometimes, the term CHIBIRU is used to refer to Okinawans, as well as UCHINANCHU. Never heard of CHAMPURU being used though it might well be.
                        Ah, Chibiru! I am so sorry. I was wondering about that word, but had both going round. Also sorry this thread got so far off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                          Ah, Chibiru! I am so sorry. I was wondering about that word, but had both going round. Also sorry this thread got so far off topic.
                          Well, to get back on topic: ANDAGI may be the Okinawan version of a cross beween malasadas and doughnuts. IGE'S RESTAURANT AND 19TH PUKA serves them as dessert whenever our social circle goes there for Friday night "oldies."

Comment

Old time diet , like the staple the ancient people used to thrive on... Yeah i'd survive cuz it was very healthy.

Like fish , coconut , poultry, rice , Stuff like that.

But modern day diet.. Probably not becuase.. Its high in fat and salt.

And the desert is high in sugar and fat. hahahaha.

http://www.pacificworlds.com/guam/stories/story5.cfm
                            Last edited by newroots; March 14, 2007, 05:26 PM.
                            Ebb And Flow

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              before Admin shuts down this thread we need to stay OT. As for me I'm glad I'm not Okinawan because I can't stand their dougnuts especially after a day in the fridge.
                              Don't worry, I'm half-Okinawan and never really liked andagi either. Yeah, I've got some weird taste buds when it comes to my ethnic desserts.
                              http://www.pineapplejuice.net/freshly-squeezed

Comment

The "white" race spread out from Europe, looking for better food, and stopped when we found sushi.
                                Burl Burlingame
                                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
                                X