"Raines" on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Raines" on NBC

Jeff Goldblum tends to play characters who have quirky tendencies and his latest role of LAPD Detective Michael Raines in the series Raines is no exception where the quirk in this series is him seeing and talking to the victims, trouble is he works the homicide division.

The victims that he sees are figments of his imagination, so the vision of them changes as more clues about them are known to him.

Right now the series is playing in ER's time slot at 9:00 pm (HST) on Thursday nights but that is going to change. One source says it will move to Friday night.

Re: "Raines" on NBC

Normally, I watch "Shark" in this time slot but for some reason, there was a movie on in its place tonite (The Relacement Killers) which I have already seen several times. So, I flipped to Channel 8. This program was good - I like Goldblum because he always plays a kind of "quirky" character. I will watch again if it does move to fridays. Right now, I'm totally hooked on "Shark".

Tonite's program was good - interesting story angle, good acting. I liked the kind of "Sixth Sense" factor at the end. If they can keep this up, this could be a very interesting series. Much better than the one on CBS with Jennifer Love Hewitt, where she also sees dead people.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

We were really enjoying the show until the killer was revealed and neither of us were even the least bit convinced that the motive was even marginally adequate. We will continue to watch though and hope the writers come up with more plausible motives.

Comment

FYI - if you missed the pilot - I-tunes is giving it away for free. Real handy if you have a video I-pod but even if you don't you can watch it on your computer.

You can also watch it for free on NBC.com - but you can't carry it with you (like on your V-pod) and NBC.com is always stop/start for me - too much buffering.

NBC.com says it shows Fridays at 9/8C. Last week it showed on Thursday AND Friday.
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
        X