Burgers and sandwiches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgers and sandwiches...

I love eating sandwiches and I always make my own, sometimes I go to the nearest food chain if I can't make my own. Anyway what is the best burger and sandwich food chain in town? For me I want something spicy like the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich I really love that! What's your's?

Re: Burgers and sandwiches...

I am still mourning the loss of the Greek sandwich from the Safeway deli.

I also love any kind of panini sandwich (preferably vegetarian, but I like the chicken ones too!). My boyfriend has a panini grill--we decided to go low-key for Valentine's day this year, so we made goat cheese and mozarella roasted red pepper panini sandwiches with ciabatta bread--YUM!

I'll splurge on the Tuscan chicken sandwich at Bogart's every once in a while...

Comment

I love Quiznos. Blimpies is good too, but I've eaten there only once.

Comment

Originally posted by vanessa View Post
        Anyway what is the best burger and sandwich food chain in town?
        The burger part of this question has been covered extensively in this thread...

Hawaii's Best Burger? Where?
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I love the Turkey Pesta Melt from StarBucks and anything from Heidi's with a bowl of soup!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm not much of a sandwich or burger eater but, for convenience sake, when I'm at Safeway I order their Chicago Southsider wrap...cut in half! Enough for 2 meals! Love the sinus clearing effect of the horseradish sauce!

Comment

Arby's, 7-11 or the HCC Cafeteria would be places I would get sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                I am still mourning the loss of the Greek sandwich from the Safeway deli.

...snip...
                Hear, here! I so agree with you., vodka label! When I went a month or two ago to get it, it was off the menu. But the gal behind the deli counter at Safeway said the directions to the sandwich was still on the glass facing her, and she had all the ingredients, so she'd be happy to make it for me. I ordered a 12-incher that I shared with my husband. While she was making it I told her that I planned on taking it home and having it with a glass of wine and I was going to shed some tears over the loss of the best sandwich they ever had! That olive spread! The red onions! The peperoncini spread! NO CHEESE! Peppered turkey! I always asked them to add tomato. It was a salad in a samich!

thanks for the memory. I dare say I would ask if they'd make it for me again. I'd like you and Tikiyaki to know that I make a mean Italian hoagie here at home...made them yesterday for the family. I just need my fix of cured meats and hot peppers, drenched in vinegar, olive oil and Italian herbs. I think it's this need I have to overload on sodium and nitrates!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Cool That was nice and creative sandwich huh! I love something spicy I mean a twist of spicy on the sauce, I usually ordered it from Hardees when I am in the east coast and Carl's Jr when I am in west coast (well I travel a lot) Their Franks sauce is just perferct for their buffalo sandwich really taste good!
                  Also I want with something crisp like lettuce and coleslaw in it.

Comment

I'd have to say my all-time favorite sandwich is the Bacon, Lettuce &Tomato, a.k.a. BLT. White bread, slightly toasted with BF mayonnaise, Manoa lettuce, Kamuela Tomatoes and a Good quality fried bacon. Yum.

A Peanut Butter 'n Jelly, a.k.a. PBJ is great too, every now and then. Guava or Strawberry Jelly and Jif creamy PB.

The good 'ole basics.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

My favorite place for sandwiches is at Freddy's in Hilo. For those of you who haven't been there, too bad. I'm not telling you what to eat. It gets crowded enough as it is. :P
                      You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
                        My favorite place for sandwiches is at Freddy's in Hilo. For those of you who haven't been there, too bad. I'm not telling you what to eat. It gets crowded enough as it is. :P

Freddy's on Manono St.? Freddy is my classmate. I'll be in Hilo this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                          Freddy's on Manono St.? Freddy is my classmate. I'll be in Hilo this weekend.
                          Cool. Go have a pastrami super sandwich for me. Then you can report back if it's worth going all the way to Hilo just to eat one. But don't tell anyone. The lines get long enough already. :P
                          You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Probably one of my favorite sandwiches is, basically a "caprese" salad on pizzza bread.

Fresh Mozzerella, Roasted peppers, Tomatoes, lettuce on a nice warm, crusty piza bread panini.. Olive oil, basil and a LITTLE garlic...The mozzerella has to be the fresh,soft stuff that they keep in water....Some call it "Buffalo Mozzerella"

Other than that, a nice Chicken salad or egg salad is always nice.
                            http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                            Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                            Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

The perfect sandwich is a state of mind ... impossible to achieve (or find) in present time ... but past memories, there, perfection reigns.

I love sandwiches--expecially clubhouse, BLT, and pastrami--but my favorite memory was the pastrami sandwich at Lynn's Deli at Ala Moana Shopping Center. I know, I know ... it's not authentic. I'd have to go to New York for that. But for me at that time, that was the first pastrami sandwich I ever tasted. On rye, with a side of cole slaw and a pickle. I could also order a frosty mug of beer. Loved that! And best of all, it was very affordable.

I really miss Lynn's Deli.

Comment

Working...
                              X