• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burgers and sandwiches...

but sheet on a shingle is mo fun

Comment

Side note . . . I'm so sad and mad that I left Hawaii b/c of my wife. I wish I were just getting out of the water at Ala Moana or Flies (Incinerators.) Alas, I'm stuck in the middle of the mainland dreaming of "Crystal Clear Blue Waters, All My Memories, Hangin on the Beach." Take me home to the place I belong.

Someone please visit my friends at Side Street a rock some Manilla clams and Lilikoi ribs. And then stop at TJ's (Where King meets Beretania) and tell Paul (cool haole guy born/raised Oahu before the leash) we miss his smart arse!

Aloha nui loa

Comment

Here's a sandwich that I had several weeks back from Quiznos...Worth every penny. It's the Prime Rib on Garlic Bread.

Enjoy!
        http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Now if you're really looking for an inexpensive burger. You can get this Big Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. I ask for this juicy quarter pound burger with grilled onions with fresh lettuce and tomato (but you have to ask for it, and they'll charge you an additional $.40) Oh yeah...served on a sesame toasted bun with American and Monterey Jack cheese. Enjoy!

http://www.superman808.com. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

WOW! That was yummy huh! Just like the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich! Oh yeah I really love sandwiches and burgers, I feel hungry now! I have to buy 2 later

Comment

Originally posted by Exhaulted_Ruler View Post
              Here's a sandwich that I had several weeks back from Quiznos...Worth every penny. It's the Prime Rib on Garlic Bread.
              [...]Enjoy!
              Oooooh Lordy, ER...please promise me that you'll never become a food stylist in the film industy! You'd starve to death...literally! I trust that Quizno's sammie tasted great but after looking at the photo, I'll just take your word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Oooooh Lordy, ER...please promise me that you'll never become a food stylist in the film industy! You'd starve to death...literally! I trust that Quizno's sammie tasted great but after looking at the photo, I'll just take your word for it!
                Well the meat was kinda heavy and it dragged the bread down...that was unfortunate...however, I do take pretty good pics...just that the bread didn't cooperate with me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  LOL---my initial reaction, too! I thought it looked kinda....infected. Like poorly perfused purulent flesh. Eeeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                    LOL---my initial reaction, too! I thought it looked kinda....infected. Like poorly perfused purulent flesh. Eeeesh.
                    I would have to agree. You can certainly tell when a pro does some food styling. These totally turned my tummy. Having never eaten either, I now know I never will. yuck.
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well the meat was kinda heavy and it dragged the bread down...that was unfortunate...however, I do take pretty good pics...just that the bread didn't cooperate with me.
                      Your photo was fine! That was probably a problem in this case, tho'! That sammie looked like the spongemonkeys got to it!!!

BTW, a food stylist arranges food and 'doctors' the appearance to make it look incredibly appetizing on camera! The rest is up to the photographer.

Just having fun with ya, ER!

Comment

When the sandwich came out of the toaster and piled with the meat...it was so appealing..something that you just have to go with blind trust. I couldn't wait to take a picture and dived into the sandwich. It's a "you had to be there" moment.

If you're into judging a book by it's cover, then let me stop you in your tracks as you're sorely wrong. Garlic flavor abound, meat was juicy and tender.

Filipinos make pork guisantes...when you first look at that, you would think that someone just threw up...and after tasting it, do you realize that you shrug the initial site off.

So, if you didn't like my up close and personal picture...then let me drive you to the one that is from Quiznos site;

This is the picture of the sandwich when it came out of the toaster...for real. You can find my review on this here...

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1173216689
                        Last edited by Exhaulted_Ruler; April 2, 2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

When the sandwich came out of the toaster and piled with the meat...it was so appealing..something that you just have to go with blind trust. I couldn't wait to take a picture and dived into the sandwich. It's a "you had to be there" moment.

If you're into judging a book by it's cover, then let me stop you in your tracks as you're sorely wrong. Garlic flavor abound, meat was juicy and tender.

Filipinos make pork guisantes...when you first look at that, you would think that someone just threw up...and after tasting it, do you realize that you shrug the initial site off.

So, if you didn't like my up close and personal picture...then let me drive you to the one that is from Quiznos site;

This is the picture of the sandwich when it came out of the toaster...for real. You can find my review on this here...

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1173216689

For real? Garlic cloves and parsley and all on a butcher block? The Quizno's over here wraps 'em up and when you unroll it, it doesn't look like THAT!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

uh...you know what I mean

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                              For real? Garlic cloves and parsley and all on a butcher block? The Quizno's over here wraps 'em up and when you unroll it, it doesn't look like THAT!
                              Think...food stylist!

Comment

That was pretty nice delicious pic huh! well toasted and looks good huh! I guess it's not hot, I guess you have to put some Frank's sauce in it, it's ice to eat a sandwich with a little spicy twist.

Comment

Working...
                                X