Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheesey Gravy Burgers

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
    But if you're looking for a little of the plate style burger try a hamburger steak plate.
    Sighs. Hopefully after Easter, I'll order up a plate at Tani's Lunchwagon.

I know, not good for me.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Dipped, or practically swimming in it?

Like roast beef au jus...with a little cup of gravy to dunk it it? I can't think how you'd eat this without a knife and a fork, cause just dipped and then served to you on a bun wouldn't be a lot of gravy on it, or would drip?
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
        Like roast beef au jus...with a little cup of gravy to dunk it it? I can't think how you'd eat this without a knife and a fork, cause just dipped and then served to you on a bun wouldn't be a lot of gravy on it, or would drip?
        How big is that tub of gravy they serve you?

If I gotta dip, hopefully the bread is either hoagie or Moloka'i's Kane roll. Dipping a round burger sandwich just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          How big is that tub of gravy they serve you?

If I gotta dip, hopefully the bread is either hoagie or Moloka'i's Kane roll. Dipping a round burger sandwich just not right.
          No gravy to dip in unless you order extra. The patty is dunked in brown gravy before it's put in the bun. Some places put extra gravy on the inside of the bun so it does get quite messy.
          You can take the boy out of Hilo but you can't take the Hilo out of the boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Kory K View Post
            No gravy to dip in unless you order extra. The patty is dunked in brown gravy before it's put in the bun. Some places put extra gravy on the inside of the bun so it does get quite messy.
            Teddy's Bigger Burgers in Waikiki does their Teriyaki burger that way. Both before and after it's thrown on the grill..

See the teriyaki glaze (it's thick like gravy) oozing down over the bottom bun. This one also has swiss cheese on it. Yum.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

So, basically you drown the meat in sauce that probably have too much cornstach/flour mixture, so you get about an inch-thick coating engulfing the meat.

Oh, yeah. THAT's mouth-watering.

Comment

Didn't order any this time, but Freddy's has both the GRAVY BURGER and GRAVY CHEESEBURGER on the menu. Breakfast on Sunday - two eggs over-easy; two corn beef hash patties, rice.

Went to NORI's for lunch on Friday - shoyu pork plate; rice; potao-mac salad.

HILO LUNCH SHOPPE on Saturday - musubi w/nori and ume; hash patty; spare ribs (no bones); fishcake tempura; vegetable omelot; beansprouts-watercress; potato-mac salad; they were out of sweet potato tempura @10:00 a.m.

Next trip, it'll be ITSU's; ENCORE; KAWAMOTO VEGETABLE STORE OKAZUYA for starters.

IHOP has still not opened in the Prince Kuhio Plaza. COLD STONE CREAMERY has closed and replaced by another ice cream shop.

Comment

Working...
                X